03-10-09, 06:42 AM   #1
komot
A Defias Bandit
Fishing mod

I was wanting to know if it would be possible to make a add on that lets you bind keys on your keyboard for fishing. Exp. press "S" to cast and press "d" to click the bobber. Also a sound like a beep or something instead of the water sound when you get a bite. Thx in advance
03-10-09, 07:24 AM   #2
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
s to cast yes
d to click bobber no
audio alert no
03-10-09, 07:25 AM   #3
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I myself am curious about the sound part. but for the keybind I use an addon called fishingace and all you do is double right click to cast the line when a fishing pole is in your hand. As far as the bobble though I think you are stuck having to click on it.

- Winston Churchill
03-10-09, 07:27 AM   #4
FrankN
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by komot View Post
I was wanting to know if it would be possible to make a add on that lets you bind keys on your keyboard for fishing. Exp. press "S" to cast and press "d" to click the bobber. Also a sound like a beep or something instead of the water sound when you get a bite. Thx in advance
Keybindings for cast should work, since you have to right click the bobber you can bind a mouse over macro, but you still have to be on the bobber with your mouse pointer.
I think you cannot change the sound, but FishingBuddy changes the sound settings if you have a fishing pole equiped. This makes it much easier to hear the splash sound.
03-10-09, 07:59 AM   #5
Ambrya
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by komot View Post
Also a sound like a beep or something instead of the water sound when you get a bite. Thx in advance
For this, you can try FishPing. Problem is, I can't seem to find it here or at Curse. I know I downloaded it recently, though.

Thing you have to be careful of is that it's not a addon, per se. You actually install it in your sounds folder.

Here it is. I hate Curse's search feature, grrr...

Fishing Buddy has EasyCast, which casts when you double-right-click, but as others have said, you can probably also keybind casting.

Last edited by Ambrya : 03-10-09 at 08:06 AM.
03-10-09, 09:23 AM   #6
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

ZoidFish

This one also makes sounds like Dr. zoidberge Kinda funny
03-10-09, 09:42 AM   #7
komot
A Defias Bandit
Thank you all for answers.
03-10-09, 02:17 PM   #8
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
The sound of the bobber can definitely be changed to whatever you want ... the only issue would be it also changes the sound of everyone else that's fishing in the same area as you.

the location for the fish sound would be :

WoW_Install_Folder/Data/Sounds/Spells/Tradeskills

If you goto that directory in you WoW folder (creating folders as needed) you can toss a file in there named "FishBite.wav" and the game will play that .wav file over the default one.
03-10-09, 10:54 PM   #9
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

My personal favorite fishing sound is from the FishBite addon. "Heeerrrrrrre fishy, fishy, fishy" -hilarious

It's outdated but you can pull the soundfile from it just like Sepioth said above. Happy fishin!
03-12-09, 08:41 AM   #10
eevee
A Kobold Labourer
I find this one useful for fishing. It lets me use the space bar to "click" the bobber once I catch something:
Code:
/run df = DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME; key1 = GetBindingKey("JUMP"); if (key1== "SPACE") then SetBinding("SPACE","TURNORACTION"); df:AddMessage("You are now a man of action.") else SetBinding("SPACE", "JUMP"); df:AddMessage("Your legs are no longer broken.")  end
(Unbind the NUMPAD0 "Jump" action manually before using.)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Fishing mod