06-19-07, 11:23 PM   #1
Vermor55
A Defias Bandit
2 questions about installing addons

First, I've noticed that on everyone's install path where they put their addons, their wow folder just says /worldofwarcraft/ but the only wow folder i could find says /WoW-1.12.x-to-2.0.1-enUs-patch/. I was wondering if this might be a problem with why i dont even see an addons button on the character selection screen.

Secondly, I do not know where to find my exact install path so i can compare to the one on "how to install a custom interface." I noticed on the picture on "How to install a custom interface" the install path is at the top of the window, but on my pc its not there it just says the folder I'm in.
This is my first time installing an addon and im sorry for the noobish questions but please try to help me

Last edited by Vermor55 : 06-19-07 at 11:37 PM.
06-19-07, 11:29 PM   #2
Logdan
A Black Drake
Don't we all? It's a shame really.
06-19-07, 11:34 PM   #3
GrissomXIX
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

"We thought that we had the answers, it was the questions we had wrong." - Bono
06-19-07, 11:47 PM   #4
GrissomXIX
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

On my machine it's C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns for installing addons right out of the box (or zip file). That's usually the norm for most if not all Windows machines however I can't speak for Vista users as I'm still running XP myself.

The \WoW-1.12.x-to-2.0.1-enUs-patch\ folder you refer to is where Blizzard stores it's patch files while they update your system so after most patches I just delete that folder as it's no longer needed. What you're looking for is the \World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns folder to unzip files to. If it's a compilation the creator should have the file structure already set up to just unzip it to your \World of Warcraft\ folder.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » 2