01-28-07, 11:27 PM   #1
tiddilywink
A Murloc Raider
Mage casting assist

I dont really know what is possible or not with mods, but I was wondering if it were possible to make a mod that made it so you could cast spells on a target based on their debuffs. So if a target was frozen when you hit the key it would cast ice lance, when not frozen, frostbolt.
01-28-07, 11:35 PM   #2
Logdan
A Black Drake
No. This functionality was removed in the 2.0 patch.
01-29-07, 12:17 AM   #3
tiddilywink
A Murloc Raider
Then how is decursive still working??
01-29-07, 01:16 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Not sure exactly on how to write a macro (or if it's possible) but I believe the other poster was thinking that you wanted it to find targets that were frozen. The automatic targeting ability of a mod has been removed. Decursive still works because it no longer automatically casts a spell on whichever target it needs to, but rather shows you which need decursed and you need to pick the target yourself.
01-29-07, 01:56 PM   #5
flaska
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I haven't got any experience with addon development, but I think it is fully possible to make an addon that detects if you CURRENT target is frozen, and from that make a macro that tells the addon to either cast frost bolt or ice lance.
01-29-07, 04:34 PM   #6
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

Since 2.0, neither a mod nor a macro can make casting decisions for you based on any conditions basically other than if your target is hostile or friendly.

I would suggest reading this excellent thread on macros and this WoWWiki for more info about what is possible and what isn't.
01-29-07, 05:55 PM   #7
tiddilywink
A Murloc Raider
Well the links were helpful. Kinda gimp though since a rogue can make a 1 button that uses the finisher automatically when full combo points but a mage cant do similar with frozen targets... =/ oh well

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Mage casting assist