09-16-10, 09:36 PM   #1
Aznamir
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
PallyPower - Cataclysm

Posted an alpha version of the addon, feel free to check and report any issues.

I haven't tested the communication functionality, may need some tweaks.

09-20-10, 05:41 PM   #2
toddimer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Kudos on getting an Alpha out! How did you manage your old libraries? I can't recall if/when you migrated from Ace2 and such...

09-20-10, 08:29 PM   #3
Aznamir
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by toddimer View Post
Kudos on getting an Alpha out! How did you manage your old libraries? I can't recall if/when you migrated from Ace2 and such...
After the talent and spell fixes Ace2 version worked fine, but I switched to Ace3 just for the sake of modernizing it

09-21-10, 03:01 AM   #4
Aznamir
A Fallenroot Satyr

Any comments about the new assignment screen? I tried to re-size it a little.

09-21-10, 04:04 AM   #5
Ailae
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Is it really necessary to have separate classes still?

I mean, if I buff Kings I give everyone in my party/raid Kings, regardless of class.

09-21-10, 04:55 AM   #6
Dawn
A Molten Giant

No offence meant, but Catacylsm doesn't require PallyPower any more, at all?!

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

09-21-10, 05:11 AM   #7
Aznamir
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Ailae View Post
Is it really necessary to have separate classes still?

I mean, if I buff Kings I give everyone in my party/raid Kings, regardless of class.
Sorry, my bad. There will be no config window as it is not necessary anymore.

09-21-10, 06:28 AM   #8
Vlad
A Molten Giant

PallyPower can still be around, you can say what paladin to buff what spell -not necessarily on what class as that's no longer a problem. You said it works for whole groups now? Thus instead of classes you could add G1, G2, ... G8 and add who to buff what buff of those 2 buffs.

It's still useful with PP!

09-21-10, 06:56 AM   #9
yj589794
Buffs in cataclysm will be applied to everyone in the party/group/raid/battelground/etc.

You will not be able to selectively cast different buffs on individual groups within a raid.

09-21-10, 07:34 AM   #10
Ailae

If anything, PP could be downsized to merely a timer addon, with the added bonus of having the RF and Seal-stuff in it too. You barely need assignments at all, you can solve those via chat/voicespeak, so no need for syncing either.

09-21-10, 05:07 PM   #11
toddimer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Dawn
No offence meant, but Catacylsm doesn't require PallyPower any more, at all?!
Pally Power fulfilled a really critical niche in it's initial versions, by simplifying 3 key tasks: Coordinate Assignments between Paladins: Remind a player when their assignment is inactive: and perform the relevant action, to fulfill their assignment.

Realistically, those tasks will exist in cataclysm: You still need to pick a buff, recognize when it's expired (or about too), and take action to refresh it. That you're sharing a buff with druids now (kings) instead of warriors (might) doesn't change the workflow. Neither does casting the buff on yourself instead of your target. Nor will having 2 buffs to manage instead of 4. The basic workflow is fundamentally unchanged, even though greatly simplified.

As a mental exercise, imagine a world where rogues never have to ask for their might to be refreshed after a wipe, battle rez, heroic dungeon zone-in. I'm skeptical such a world exists without add-ons like pally power

09-21-10, 07:18 PM   #12
Xinhuan
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Well, the argument is, you don't really need an addon to coordinate 2 raid buffs in Cata, compared to the 4 in Wrath...

"I do Kings, you do the other one, ok?" "Ok".

You don't see rogues using addons to do tricks rotation on each other, or mages use an addon to buff FM right? (Yes, these are simple buffs, but that's the argument, its simple enough not to require an addon to coordinate.)

09-22-10, 01:44 AM   #13
fakeh
A Murloc Raider
Coordinate yes, remember.... possibly not.
That's why I made Buffin: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/buffin/ which hopes to add some small smarts to the decision and provide a quick way to see and buff your OOC buffs. And still, PP assigns auras too IIRC, and there's still 5 (well yes, one is crusader...) of those.

09-22-10, 11:57 AM   #14
toddimer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Xinhuan View Post
Well, the argument is, you don't really need an addon to coordinate 2 raid buffs in Cata, compared to the 4 in Wrath...

"I do Kings, you do the other one, ok?" "Ok".
I can see that argument. Receiving an assignment ("you do kings") is only one piece of the puzzle; you still have tofulfill that assignment in a timely, responsive, predictable manner ("rogues need a new kings"). I think there's still a niche for addons to make fulfilling your assignment easier.

Originally Posted by Xinhuan View Post
You don't see rogues using addons to do tricks rotation on each other, or mages use an addon to buff FM right?
Rogues actually do use macros and addons for tricks, either on high-dps targets or the tank. I can think of two addons that help with Focus Magic. That's ignoring generic timer addons like Power Auras Classic, which light up when the relevant buff falls off/refreshes/is available.

Originally Posted by Xinhuan
Yes, these are simple buffs, but that's the argument, its simple enough not to require an addon to coordinate.
Pally Power was never "required" to begin with; I only used it for about a month total, across all my BC and WotLK raiding. It was a quality of life addon. The disparity in effort between PP buffing and manual buffing was significant in Burning Crusade and WotLK, and (potentially) minimal in cataclysm. As long as that disparity exists, there's a place for addons like it. I think there's still a niche for the core raid-buffing "game" to get some addon love.

09-22-10, 01:13 PM   #15
Miralen

Quite honestly I would continue work on it regardless of whether or not someone says it is needed or not, I know I use addons for a couple reasons and a big reason is to make my life easier for buffing so I dont have to take up three or four action bar buttons, I use pally power right now for my paladin and cork for my other classes (priest, mage, warrior, shaman) because they make my game play experience that much easier. So assuming someone finds the addon useful for one reason or another, than it's done it's job and I look forward to further pallypower updates myself.

- Winston Churchill

09-22-10, 04:48 PM   #16
Aznamir
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Miralen View Post
Quite honestly I would continue work on it regardless of whether or not someone says it is needed or not
Yeah, I'm in the process of trimming it down to PallyPowerLite(tm) with only 3 buttons Righteous Fury, Seal/Aura and Buffs showing a timer and alerts for missing buffs.

09-22-10, 10:46 PM   #17
Aznamir
A Fallenroot Satyr

PallyPowerLite(tm) v4.0.3 is posted.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Cataclysm.html

Only enUS locale is available, all other are untranslated.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Cataclysm Beta » PallyPower - Cataclysm