Premium Member
Premium Member
Happy Bday Dread!
04-22-08, 11:42 AM   #22
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Happy Birthday, Dread!

Gawd I feel old... we didn't have computers in our school lol.
04-22-08, 12:01 PM   #23
Kallieen
Lady of Shadows

Happy birthday!

I remember one of my computer classes getting all network access removed from the lab and a very pointed lecture about 'appropriate use of school resources'...

It's not OUR fault they didn't figure out how to prevent us from "IM"ing via the command prompt...
04-22-08, 12:46 PM   #24
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

When I was in school, it was Scorched Earth and Castle Wolfenstein 3d that spread among the population of IBM PS/2 computers in the computer labs like some kind of virus. Somewhere in my collection of ancient (and rather dusty) floppies, I have a copy of Scorched. Ah yes, the fun of dropping a Baby Nuke on my friends .
04-23-08, 04:15 AM   #25
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Happy B-day Dread. I think I was better off forgetting what we played in school. I think I hit all the areas people mentioned.

Originally Posted by Arabeth View Post
When I was at school, they hadn't got no computers yet (talking late 70s/early 80s). So we just played Dungeons and Dragons and Runequest and Call of Cthulu etc at the back of the class. Not to mention burning rolls of magnesium ribbon. Man that was bright!!
Still got my second edition GM and Players Handbook.

Originally Posted by erica647 View Post
I used to sit and play Gorilla in Dos Basic for hours... if that tells you anything. lol They actually had typewriters when I was in high school and the electric ones were a very big deal. :P
Gorilla was a blast! Literally. lol Though I am glad to say I never had to worry about typewriters at school. Can't say the same for at home though....

Originally Posted by Xinh View Post
When I was in school, it was Scorched Earth and Castle Wolfenstein 3d that spread among the population of IBM PS/2 computers in the computer labs like some kind of virus. Somewhere in my collection of ancient (and rather dusty) floppies, I have a copy of Scorched. Ah yes, the fun of dropping a Baby Nuke on my friends .
Played this one too. I have a new version called Pocket Tanks thats pretty much the same thing. New weapons and all, but no wind/gravity issues. 8-( Kinda takes the fun out of it. There is also a 3D version of scorched earth out now that is network playable. Can't remember the name now, but I have it on a USB key somewhere. I need to try it.

Now, does anyone remember Logo in school? Ran on Apples, Monochrome screens, drew shapes using X,Y coords? 3D shapes if you thought you were special. lol That was hours worth of fun there. Not really sure why, but it was.

Aren't you glad you missed out on all this Dread? lol
04-23-08, 06:31 AM   #26
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I have a cat and several t-shirts older than you. Happy birthday, Dreadlorde.
04-23-08, 07:35 AM   #27
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Happy birthday, Dreadlorde!
04-23-08, 08:05 AM   #28
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Gemini_II View Post
LOL. Oh the memories... (Descent, RotT, Duke Nukem, and Doom at the time) ::evilgrin::

Happy Birthday bud!

Wow, RotT...that brings back some memories. I can still hear my buiddy spamming the "Wheeere arrre you?" sound file.
04-23-08, 09:00 AM   #29
syrupk
A Cliff Giant

April 22nd was my son's first birthday You guys get to share a day! Happy birthday Dread!
04-23-08, 11:39 AM   #30
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by ReverendD View Post
Now, does anyone remember Logo in school? Ran on Apples, Monochrome screens, drew shapes using X,Y coords? 3D shapes if you thought you were special. lol That was hours worth of fun there. Not really sure why, but it was.
Sounds like Turtle. Used to play or "learn" on what I thought were Commodore/64's. That was one of my first real experiences with computers. I saw one of the last punch-card machines around this time (Early grade school). I didn't start terrorizing labs with games and other such "misconduct" until high-school.

Now when my buddy moves back home from England around October we're talking about getting the ol' D&D group together and going again. I play videogames with my kids, and will probably be playing them with my grandkids.

Gamer 4 Life

04-23-08, 12:03 PM   #31
FrankN
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Aren't you glad you missed out on all this Dread? lol
LOGO?Was it something like that:
Code:
PENUP BK 10 RT 90 BK 10 LT 90
PENDOWN REPEAT 4 [FD 20 RT 90]
PENDOWN REPEAT 4 [FD 40 RT 90]
PENDOWN REPEAT 4 [FD 60 RT 90]
???

And to be on topic: Happy B-Day
04-23-08, 12:09 PM   #32
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by FrankN View Post
LOGO?Was it something like that:
Code:
PENDOWN REPEAT 4 [FD 20 RT 90]
PENDOWN REPEAT 4 [FD 40 RT 90]
PENDOWN REPEAT 4 [FD 60 RT 90]
Thats the one, though I think we got it down to PU and PD and just the X,Y coords. I know it was fun.

Hey Dread - little fun for you. See what happened on your BDay (wiki). This one to (wiki).

Last edited by ReverendD : 04-23-08 at 12:12 PM.
04-23-08, 12:20 PM   #33
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I did for a school project. I'll post a link to it later, it's pretty awesome.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » It's my birthday