08-07-07, 03:31 PM   #1
flaska
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
What do you do when you are tired of wow?

I am sick of raiding... seriously, I have been through whole ssc and all up to half tempest keep, and I have come to the conclusion it's not at all worth it.

I am tired of PvP... just the same thing all the time...

I had a twink.. Not really fun to pwn ppl by pressing 1 button.

I am leveling an alt which I got tired of pretty early...

Where is the fun? ;P
Help me find it
08-07-07, 03:35 PM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Everything you just mentioned is fun for me.

You could try mutli-boxing ten toons and PVP.

Link and another link

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
08-07-07, 03:58 PM   #3
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

You could code addons, write guides on forums, and custom your UI. That's what I do when I'm bored of PLAYING wow (oh well...)
08-07-07, 04:32 PM   #4
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
I always find that helping out lowbies in the guild with running instances, elite quests, or just storming through quests for them can be fun. Especially if you happen to be friends with them.

I always thought that setting up and executing a guild-sponsored PvP Tournament in STV (where the opposing faction could come and work on ruining your fun) was fun. It's a bit of work to set it up, but, man is it fun!

"Well, folks, we need to take a break now to go and PWN some Horde watching our activities in this grand Arena and causing problems for lowbies in the area."

1v1, 3v3, and 5v5 groups are quite fun and engaging. Could even help to "train" other guildmates for Arena combat.

Some food for thought.

Guild events are always a good way to "change the monotony" of WoW, depending on what you do. Our guild once did an "All Level 1 Nekkid Gnome" race from the starting zone to Booty Bay (with pre-determined checkpoints that you had to check in to). Now THAT was a lot of fun... and you can imagine the Horde looks when a herd of nekkid gnomes were running through Blackrock Mountain during prime raiding time.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance

Last edited by Geboran : 08-07-07 at 04:36 PM.
08-07-07, 04:54 PM   #5
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by flaska
I am sick of raiding... seriously, I have been through whole ssc and all up to half tempest keep, and I have come to the conclusion it's not at all worth it.

I am tired of PvP... just the same thing all the time...

I had a twink.. Not really fun to pwn ppl by pressing 1 button.

I am leveling an alt which I got tired of pretty early...

Where is the fun? ;P
Help me find it
I felt exactly the same way the last few months. After reading a couple reviews, I decided to try LOTRO. I'm really glad I did. I've been having a lot of fun exploring a brand new world and learning new mechanics. Whereas 90% of the time I spent in WoW recently felt like work, 90% of my time now is spent actually having fun. I don't know how good the end-game will turn out after the game matures more, but it's definitely a much better use of my recreational time now than doing the same old thing over and over again.
08-07-07, 08:39 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I do what Layrajha does. But in the end, WoW is just a game. You play games to have fun. If nothing about the game keeps you entertained, then find a new game like Mazzle did.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-07-07, 09:54 PM   #7
lightcaster
A Murloc Raider

WOW for me is a live mmorpgim ... well for now ~~~
08-07-07, 11:51 PM   #8
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Partake of various forums. Play with addons, UI, and various alts. Beta test other MMO's (I didn't enjoy LOTRO at all... ), or a Trial. Take a break from Wow for a month or two. Lots of options.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » What do you do when you are tired of wow?