08-22-10, 05:24 AM   #3181
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
@d87:

I seriously want to see your UI. I bet I would dislike basically everything about it.
I make minimalistic UI's because I find them the easiest to use, showing only relevant information in a easy and clean way. Making me a better player in whichever role I have to fulfill.

Yes lots of minimalistic UI's look a lot like each other. I guess there's only so much you can do with Pixels without making a useless UI.

08-22-10, 06:36 AM   #3182
jasje
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
@d87:

I seriously want to see your UI. I bet I would dislike basically everything about it.
I make minimalistic UI's because I find them the easiest to use, showing only relevant information in a easy and clean way. Making me a better player in whichever role I have to fulfill.

Yes lots of minimalistic UI's look a lot like each other. I guess there's only so much you can do with Pixels without making a useless UI.
Totally agreed with you

Tukui | Github

08-22-10, 07:38 AM   #3183
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

ofc you would. After all, I'm a dumbass that doesn't consider you brilliant minimalistic interface designer. Actually, someone already was quick to mock it on a previous page. Here it is http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw41667.jpg

I don't care much about your/mine interface, pixelfonts (i also use them a bit). I just want to see more (different) interfaces from different people, but some people turned this thread into public dairy of their cutiepie ui lately. Tho it seems like everyone else is fine with that, so I'm out.

08-22-10, 07:43 AM   #3184
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by d87 View Post
ofc you would. After all, I'm a dumbass that doesn't consider you brilliant minimalistic interface designer. Actually, someone already was quick to mock it on a previous page. Here it is http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw41667.jpg

I don't care much about your/mine interface, pixelfonts (i also use them a bit). I just want to see more (different) interfaces from different people, but some people turned this thread into public dairy of their cutiepie ui lately. Tho it seems like everyone else is fine with that, so I'm out.
why u always post same pic? :S

08-22-10, 07:53 AM   #3185
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
Okay. Haleth, son of Hamas.
Saw LotR on TV last night, not the first time obviously, but I instantly knew where your name came from.

What you said here, minor updates can be a big deal. This thread is perfect the way it is.
Hamas |häˈmäs|
a Palestinian Islamic fundamentalist movement that has become a focus for Arab resistance in the Israeli-occupied territories. It opposes peace with Israel and has come into conflict with the more moderate Palestine Liberation Organization.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Háma_(Middle-earth)

Originally Posted by d87 View Post

dairy |ˈde(ə)rē|
noun ( pl. dairies)
a building, room, or establishment for the storage, processing, and distribution of milk and milk products.
• a store where milk and milk products are sold.
• food made from or containing milk.
adjective [ attrib. ]
containing or made from milk : dairy products.
• concerned with or involved in the production of milk : a dairy farmer.

--

Anyhow, on topic - there's no need for the agressive attitude. Each to their own, flaws can be pointed out politely.

Last edited by Haleth : 08-22-10 at 08:04 AM.

08-22-10, 08:07 AM   #3186
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

why u always post same pic? :S
1) Becasue i don't add whistles every waking hour
2) Because i haven't really played since April
3) Because if you haven't seen every frame i can live with it
4) Because previosly it wasn't me posting, and now i don't care enough to make new one personally for Led

dairy |ˈde(ə)rē|
noun ( pl. dairies)
a building
thanks, i guess pointing out obvious typos is a polite way to point out that I suck, right?

Last edited by d87 : 08-22-10 at 08:18 AM.

08-22-10, 08:08 AM   #3187
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

okikoidopooii

08-22-10, 09:34 AM   #3188
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Jeez guys, stop with this flamefest already. No one cares about stupid typos or whose opinion is the best. Just post your UI.

08-22-10, 09:36 AM   #3189
Blinky12
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by seyek View Post
Lol no offense to anyone but I'm looking at alot of these and they are all almost the same thing except for replacing some addons with different ones and moving the unitframes around. =\
Taken from page 11 of this thread. Thought it was interesting.

08-22-10, 11:19 AM   #3190
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
Hamas |häˈmäs|
a Palestinian Islamic fundamentalist movement that has become a focus for Arab resistance in the Israeli-occupied territories. It opposes peace with Israel and has come into conflict with the more moderate Palestine Liberation Organization.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Háma_(Middle-earth)
It was in English and they said Haleth, son of Hamas. Though was probably Haleth, son of Háma's. Hard to hear.

08-22-10, 11:47 AM   #3191
Ulostthegame
A Theradrim Guardian
It was in English and they said Haleth, son of Hamas. Though was probably Haleth, daughter of Háma's. Hard to hear.
fix't.
If I remember correctly.

08-22-10, 11:51 AM   #3192
Dawn
A Molten Giant

From a design point of view, minimalism will never be outdated. Minimalism is timeless, it's not just a trend. It's working. It has a meaning of expression. A trend is short living, minimalism is around for years - not talking about wow interfaces, but design in general.

Minimalism is a matter of taste, some like it and others prefer other things. No need to argue about it.

However, d87 got a point when he said it's boring and unnecessary to post every minor update of someone's interface. It sucks, especially annoying is posting a picture without commenting, even more so if it's an update to a prior post of the same person.
I think, d87 just made the "mistake" to include a rant against minimalism in the same post. Which is just a personal opinion.

BTW, it should also be a MUST to include a short list of used addons. Which means at least those visible in the screenshot. That would improve the quality of the posts in this thread, imho.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

08-22-10, 12:39 PM   #3193
Ailae
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

^

Oh, and please - less idle screenshots. :/

08-22-10, 12:51 PM   #3194
tukz
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
From a design point of view, minimalism will never be outdated. Minimalism is timeless, it's not just a trend. It's working. It has a meaning of expression. A trend is short living, minimalism is around for years - not talking about wow interfaces, but design in general.

Minimalism is a matter of taste, some like it and others prefer other things. No need to argue about it.

However, d87 got a point when he said it's boring and unnecessary to post every minor update of someone's interface. It sucks, especially annoying is posting a picture without commenting, even more so if it's an update to a prior post of the same person.
I think, d87 just made the "mistake" to include a rant against minimalism in the same post. Which is just a personal opinion.

BTW, it should also be a MUST to include a short list of used addons. Which means at least those visible in the screenshot. That would improve the quality of the posts in this thread, imho.
true

and yeah, this post is not really "screenshot" of your ui atm. Almost just a thread to discuss about layouts and how to do it. I didn't saw a lot of screenshot in lastest pages. I only saw last 10 pages but anyway. Making a new post, with rules and only screenshots, addon and description could be a lot more interresting.

Last edited by tukz : 08-22-10 at 12:58 PM.

08-22-10, 02:47 PM   #3195
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Ulostthegame View Post
fix't.
If I remember correctly.
You don't! The movie was on yesterday, I am positive it's son. It's the kid who has a sword in the second film before the battle of helms deep. Aragon takes the sword and swings it around a bit and says it's a good sword.

08-22-10, 03:00 PM   #3196
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You don't! The movie was on yesterday, I am positive it's son. It's the kid who has a sword in the second film before the battle of helms deep. Aragon takes the sword and swings it around a bit and says it's a good sword.
In a late writing Haleth is described as "a renowned amazon with a picked bodyguard of women"
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haleth

08-22-10, 03:53 PM   #3197
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
There are two, the kid and the woman... Guess which

Anyhow, I think we're going a bit off-topic here. :l

08-22-10, 05:39 PM   #3198
havoxx
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

This is my latest one.

It's not perfect yet, but it's more of a WIP, I'm having an issue with my PC, so I can't perfect it just yet.

08-23-10, 10:06 AM   #3199
blkdrgn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Lots of changes.

I have changed a bunch of the layout, sizing coloring since my last post. Still have a lot to do but I wanted some crits...Thanks in advance.

I am trying to keep this ui open for use of ANY class. There is no part of it that is better/worse for any of them.

I am also trying to keep the viewable area as open as I can.

Idle shot:

25Man Raid shot:

Missconstrew 80 Mage
-Many other lower level alts=)

08-23-10, 10:27 AM   #3200
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
@blk

I'll be honest, your first rendition made me want to look away. Now your UI is very very slick, imo One thing I will say though, in your raid combat screenie your data feed bar is hidden. Your threat and damage meters extend to where the bar would have been had it not been hidden. I suggest either resizing the threat/damage meters or un-hide the bar. I would go with the latter.

DBM skin, and I personally dislike bar-buffs. In a raid, there are just too many buffs to need all those bars for. Icons will help you save space on your screen, and special addons like Chronobars or Filger can help you with specific buffs you are trying to keep track of. I still use bars for debuffs, though, but that is more of a me-trying-to-be-a-better-raider thing.

Ace UI though, I like it a lot

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...