12-05-06, 07:23 AM   #1
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Custom macros for Clique

Please use this thread to discuss any custom macros you are using for Clique.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
12-12-06, 03:13 PM   #2
Leland
A Kobold Labourer
I have been trying to setup a custom macro to cast Nature's Swiftness then Healing Touch when I alt-left click on a frame in Grid. The macro I am trying goes something like this:

/cast Nature's Swiftness
/stopcasting
/cast [target=mouseover] Healing Touch

Whenever I try the keybinding, the macro fires, but the heal lands on me instead of the player for the frame I am clicking. I have made sure to disable the Blizzard auto self-cast, and even changed the self-cast key binding from alt to ctrl, but I don't think it made any difference.

Are other people using this same macro and it's working, or did I get the macro wrong?
12-12-06, 04:08 PM   #3
evilenvy
A Murloc Raider
Try this

/cast Nature's Swiftness
/stopcasting
/cast [nostance, target=mouseover, exists, help] Healing Touch(Rank 11); [target=mouseover, exists, help] Regrowth(Rank 9)

Does NS/HT when not in tree form. Does NS/Regrowth when in tree form.
12-13-06, 11:35 AM   #4
Argent
A Defias Bandit
since i'm pretty horrible with scripting macros...any way someone can cobble together a macro that allows me to bind casting divine favor and then a max rank holy light to clique?
12-13-06, 12:48 PM   #5
ultimatef
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Argent
since i'm pretty horrible with scripting macros...any way someone can cobble together a macro that allows me to bind casting divine favor and then a max rank holy light to clique?
Something like this would work.

/cast Divne Favor
/stopcasting
/cast [target=mouseover, exists, help]Holy Light(Rank 9)
12-13-06, 03:11 PM   #6
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by ultimatef
Something like this would work.

/cast Divne Favor
/stopcasting
/cast [target=mouseover, exists, help]Holy Light(Rank 9)
/cast Divine Favor
/stopcasting
/cast [target=mouseover, exists, help] Holy Light

Fixed typos, and removed rank (its not necessary)
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
12-13-06, 04:08 PM   #7
Argent
A Defias Bandit
edit: heh. should have reloaded the page once or twice. would have saved me half an hour of trial and error.

one other question though -- what is the macro index field for?
12-15-06, 10:18 PM   #8
ferlus
A Defias Bandit
can i pass the unit name to a macro or function?

I would like to shift left click on a person in my party frame and have clique run a custom macro or a script that would do the following.

/s I clicked on Ferlus while holding the shift key down.

Ferlus = the name of the unit I clicked on.

Some ideas i had were:
/script text = "I clicked on "..UnitName(this.unit).." while holding the shift key down."
/script SendChatMessage(text)

I get the following error:
[string "text= " I clicked on "..UnitName(this.unit).." while"]:1: Usage: UnitName("unit")
12-15-06, 10:31 PM   #9
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by ferlus
I would like to shift left click on a person in my party frame and have clique run a custom macro or a script that would do the following.

/s I clicked on Ferlus while holding the shift key down.

Ferlus = the name of the unit I clicked on.

Some ideas i had were:
/script text = "I clicked on "..UnitName(this.unit).." while holding the shift key down."
/script SendChatMessage(text)

I get the following error:
[string "text= " I clicked on "..UnitName(this.unit).." while"]:1: Usage: UnitName("unit")
/stopmacro [nomodifier:shift]
/say I clicked on %t while holding the shift key down
12-19-06, 12:56 AM   #10
ferlus
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
/stopmacro [nomodifier:shift]
/say I clicked on %t while holding the shift key down
Thanks for the help. When I set this up with Clique as shift middle click, it output the name of my target or said <no target> if I did not have one currently targeted. It did not say the name of the unit that I shift clicked on in my group frame.

What I want specifically is to use clique to send the unit name of the unit I am clicking on to a function. Not to compare your addon to another, but the functionality I am looking for was in the old castparty addon. You were able to set clicks to certain spells or to a function, but if you did a function, the addon would only send one argument to the function and that was the unit name.

It would be wonderful if I could setup a click directly to a function and pass that function the unit's name.

The idea you had would have worked if there was a %mo for mouseover unit. Any other ideas or thoughts on the ability to set clique clicks to functions?
12-19-06, 06:02 AM   #11
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
YOu can do it using /script SendChatMessage, and UnitName("mouseover"). You'll need to look at WoWWiki.com for the syntax and such. Sorry the easy way didn't work.
12-21-06, 08:21 AM   #12
ferlus
A Defias Bandit
Thanks

the UnitName("mouseover") worked just fine, thanks.
04-11-10, 11:10 PM   #13
xnn
A Defias Bandit
No trinkets/berserking/tidal force

I am enjoying clique immensely, however, I have run into a problem with the custom macros. When I click on my target to heal, it will not use my trinket, berserking, or tidal force even though I have them macro'd in. Here is my macro:

#showtooltip Lesser Healing Wave
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/use Energy Siphon
/cast Berserking
/cast [target=mouseover,help] [target=player] Lesser Healing Wave
/cast Tidal Force
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
04-17-10, 01:37 PM   #14
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I'm not familiar with half of these spells, but if your macro works outside Clique, it should work inside Clique with only the [target=mouseover] change.
01-10-11, 12:43 PM   #15
Carnby
A Kobold Labourer
Hey, I use a focus macro to Misdirect to my MT/OT in raids. Here's what the macro is.

#showtooltip Misdirection
/cast [nomodifier, target=focus, nodead, exists] Misdirection
/cast Misdirection

My question is.... How would one change his / her focus on the fly so a misdirect could be changed quickly? I am currently using Alt + Left button to change focus, but it's not cooperating.
01-10-11, 05:39 PM   #16
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
You could add [@mouseover] to the last cast line, which will then cast misdirection on whichever unit you click on. Is that what you mean?
08-04-11, 07:25 AM   #17
Mysteeq
A Defias Bandit
I need a macro in Clique

I need a macro set in Clique which activates my "Use" trinket when I right click, then on second cast will activate the spell I have assigned, can this be done? Help urgently required please.

I do not want to use mouseovers.
08-04-11, 08:53 AM   #18
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
You can't do a castsequence in Clique, but I don't see why you need to. Make the following macro in Clique:

/use Whatever Item You Want to Use
/cast [target=mouseover] The Spell You Want to Cast

Should do exactly what you want, as far as I can tell..
08-04-11, 10:55 AM   #19
Mysteeq
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cladhaire View Post
You can't do a castsequence in Clique, but I don't see why you need to. Make the following macro in Clique:

/use Whatever Item You Want to Use
/cast [target=mouseover] The Spell You Want to Cast

Should do exactly what you want, as far as I can tell..
this makes absolutely no sense at all, if you hover over the person ... how is anything to KNOW what you want it to do unless you click ...

All I want to do is
/use 13 (or Item Name)
/cast Healing Touch

Simple, but when I tried to set it up, it just makes me heal myself, instead of the rest of the group on grid, and having to waste time to manually target people ... not going to work.

Last edited by Mysteeq : 08-04-11 at 11:15 AM.
08-04-11, 11:13 AM   #20
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Mysteeq View Post
this makes absolutely no sense at all, if you hover over the person ... how is anything to KNOW what you want it to do unless you click ...
I really don't understand what you're talking about. Please tell me what you want to do, and I will tell you how to do it. Don't tell me how you want it implemented, tell me what you want to accomplish.

What I gave you above will allow you to use an item and cast a spell using a single action, whether that is a key binding or a click binding.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » Custom macros for Clique