12-08-05, 02:03 PM   #1
wmoening
A Kobold Labourer
Multiple Interfaces

My wife has a question she would like to pose.......

Is it possible in WoW to have a different interface for each character. And if so how?
12-08-05, 02:06 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
This will be natively possible as of the upcoming 1.9 content patch.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
12-11-05, 05:44 PM   #3
fragment-wow
A Defias Bandit
Im very happy to hear this!

Frag out!!!
12-19-05, 09:43 AM   #4
Andeh
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
yes its possible, I currently accomplish this using Diivskins and MoveAnything!
12-19-05, 02:04 PM   #5
Admralpancake
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
What I do if I'm switching between chars/accounts with completely different setups, is i rename the WTF, WDB, and Interface files. When i want to switch back, i name the "WTO" file back to WTF, i name the "WDO" file back to WDB, and the "INYERFACE" file back to interface. It makes for seamless transitioning without lots of configuiring
12-19-05, 02:07 PM   #6
Andeh
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
yeah but it is possible to setup an interface for each character using just flexbar, moveanything, ct_mod and diivskins, i currently have 2 chars setup like this with completely different interfaces, using just those mods
03-14-07, 02:22 PM   #7
ryujijitei
A Defias Bandit

Sorry for the necropost, but... how do you actually configure that? Technically, you'd have to ignore the "How to Install" FAQs and figure out a way to have all the different interfaces in the Interface/ and WTF/ folders.

I'm on a computer that multiple people usually use, and I'm sure my siblings would be if they saw the crazy UI and asked me what the hell it was supposed to be. Not to mention the fact that I have multiple characters that I want specialized UI's for.

So, can someone ignore the fact that this post is two years late and tell me how to configure this bullsh*t?
03-14-07, 02:47 PM   #8
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I do not know if this is correct, but on the addon screen you can configure your addons per each toon on each server.
03-14-07, 03:44 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
And set up your own profile on the addons that allow this.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-14-07, 04:44 PM   #10
ryujijitei
A Defias Bandit

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I already chose the "Select this as the default for <character name>" option, would I not be able to reconfigure it?
03-14-07, 05:54 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
With most addons, the default profile is the global profile. If you wish to set it up differently, select the profile for your character, or your server, or your class - however the addon has it organized.

Not quite sure what you're referencing, though, ryujijitei...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Multiple Interfaces