08-14-10, 06:26 AM   #3062
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
v8alpha

08-14-10, 06:42 AM   #3063
Horrid
A Fallenroot Satyr
always liked your UI's limbo.been using some of your sexymap textures forever lol. keep up the good work.

08-15-10, 09:55 PM   #3064
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
updated, script for the combo points display (via KGpanels) courtesy of Real/Nib

OOC, casting, friendly target:

Combat, hostile target, non-casting:

Disregard the font on the nameplates. Forgot to change it over, it's now the same as the rest.
And before someone points out the realID name visible, yes. There's also no character name tied to his name, so it's rather unimportant.

08-15-10, 10:40 PM   #3065
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Leitka View Post
And before someone points out the realID name visible, yes. There's also no character name tied to his name, so it's rather unimportant.
I'd say it's more about the fact that if you input his name on special sites, you see exactly who he is - when he's born, what his full name is, some people have their parents flagged somewhere meaning you also know their name now, you know parts of his life now because you got the name of a random screenshot from a random game.

Not here to cause drama, so it's irrelevant. Great UI, looks like something I would use myself! Something I fail to see though is why you're using 2 Skada's, and what those letters at the top of your minimap means. Is that tracking?
Also, are you using EventHorizon for something or is it just there unconfigured? Looks kind of empty to me. (if it even is EventHorizon, looks like it though!)

Terrific UI really, one of the better I've seen through my days.

08-15-10, 10:53 PM   #3066
brandonp
A Kobold Labourer

Thumbs up

This is mine, hard to list addons i'm using but here's the basics:
  • Bartender4
  • X-Perl
  • QuestHelper
  • SexyMap
  • and a lot more...

Tell me what ya think! I know, it's small and basic but I like it. Plus, it's easier to use and stuff doesn't get in the way.

08-15-10, 11:25 PM   #3067
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
I'd say it's more about the fact that if you input his name on special sites, you see exactly who he is - when he's born, what his full name is, some people have their parents flagged somewhere meaning you also know their name now, you know parts of his life now because you got the name of a random screenshot from a random game.

Not here to cause drama, so it's irrelevant. Great UI, looks like something I would use myself! Something I fail to see though is why you're using 2 Skada's, and what those letters at the top of your minimap means. Is that tracking?
Also, are you using EventHorizon for something or is it just there unconfigured? Looks kind of empty to me. (if it even is EventHorizon, looks like it though!)

Terrific UI really, one of the better I've seen through my days.
It's also a very generic name. In reality, tracking someone down based off of a screenshot that ties the name to nothing is actually quite difficult. It's just silly how overblown conversations on it in screenshots have been before, which is why I mentioned it. :P

As for the comments/questions:
Letters on top of the minimap are the micro menu, C = Character, S = Spellbook, T = Talents and so on.
Dual skada windows so that threat and an additional statistic can be tracked and visible at the same time. Generally it's set to Damage/Threat side-by-side in a raid, but occasionally I use the free window for something else, keeping track of interrupts for example.
And you're right, that is indeed EventHorizon. I run a very bare-bones configuration with it and only track 2 bars via it (Upper green bar visible in screenshot is Slice and Dice, secondary bar is Tricks of the Trade duration on target, and Tricks of the Trade cooldown). Normally I would also track Rupture, I've just opted back into evis-spam lately out of laziness. :P I don't track less important things via it, i.e. Deadly Poison stacks showing in EH is very important for mutilate to optimally time envenoms based on ticks, but as combat there's really little need to actually know when my poisons are ticking as none of my abilities are dependent upon them, as such I've opted out of displaying them to save on screen real-estate.

08-16-10, 04:40 AM   #3068
Aarokh
A Cyclonian

Your LDB display looks sexy. Which one are you using and how can you put a separator between your plugins?

I have been thinking about asking this question for some time now after several screenshots.

Using bazooka btw, but I have no problems when it comes to switching.

08-16-10, 04:48 AM   #3069
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Aarokh View Post
Your LDB display looks sexy. Which one are you using and how can you put a separator between your plugins?

I have been thinking about asking this question for some time now after several screenshots.

Using bazooka btw, but I have no problems when it comes to switching.
SLDataText, slightly edited to add the monochromatic outline and remove the font shadow, just a quick string change. I added the slashes seperating them simply by adding spaces and the slash into the text string of each of them. :P
For example, the string for FPS is
"XX Frames Per Second /" rather than "XX Frames Per Second"
I'm crafty!

08-16-10, 04:54 AM   #3070
Aarokh
A Cyclonian

Thank you for the quick response. Seems I cannot get around to edit the actual addon strings then. ^^

08-16-10, 04:59 AM   #3071
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Aarokh View Post
Thank you for the quick response. Seems I cannot get around to edit the actual addon strings then. ^^
"Strings" was probably a poor choice of word to refer to how I added the slashes. You can change those labels via the in-game configuration for SLDT.

08-16-10, 05:08 AM   #3072
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
updated, script for the combo points display (via KGpanels) courtesy of Real/Nib
[...]

Disregard the font on the nameplates. Forgot to change it over, it's now the same as the rest.
Awesome stuff.

08-16-10, 07:54 AM   #3073
jasje
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

i edited KawU to what it is now, this is a clean shot so not much is showed, i will try to get a raid shot asap because then you can see it to the fullest. Also some feedback is nice, running out of idea's

Tukui | Github

08-16-10, 08:15 AM   #3074
Yei
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Well after some scouting and stuff i finally found some time to make my own UI:

Inspired by: http://www.wowuigallery.com/topic/dicate-ui

comments and feedback please

08-16-10, 08:22 AM   #3075
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
That's very cluttered. Try making things smaller and moving it to the side of your screen, and get rid of the solid panels. You don't need them.

08-16-10, 08:46 AM   #3076
Yei
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
That's very cluttered. Try making things smaller and moving it to the side of your screen, and get rid of the solid panels. You don't need them.

hmmm true, maybe it looks that way cause i made it to fit my laptop

08-16-10, 09:22 AM   #3077
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Yei View Post
hmmm true, maybe it looks that way cause i made it to fit my laptop
Well in general you have quite big Unit Frames and a big block of actionbars. Plus these are both placed almost on top of your character (where all the action is actually happening normally) thus you're just blocking your view

08-16-10, 11:42 AM   #3078
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by jasje View Post
i edited KawU to what it is now, this is a clean shot so not much is showed, i will try to get a raid shot asap because then you can see it to the fullest. Also some feedback is nice, running out of idea's

http://imgur.com/e7qNZ.jpg
Better than the original, good work!

As for the comments/questions:
Letters on top of the minimap are the micro menu, C = Character, S = Spellbook, T = Talents and so on.
Dual skada windows so that threat and an additional statistic can be tracked and visible at the same time. Generally it's set to Damage/Threat side-by-side in a raid, but occasionally I use the free window for something else, keeping track of interrupts for example.
And you're right, that is indeed EventHorizon. I run a very bare-bones configuration with it and only track 2 bars via it (Upper green bar visible in screenshot is Slice and Dice, secondary bar is Tricks of the Trade duration on target, and Tricks of the Trade cooldown). Normally I would also track Rupture, I've just opted back into evis-spam lately out of laziness. :P I don't track less important things via it, i.e. Deadly Poison stacks showing in EH is very important for mutilate to optimally time envenoms based on ticks, but as combat there's really little need to actually know when my poisons are ticking as none of my abilities are dependent upon them, as such I've opted out of displaying them to save on screen real-estate.
The micromenu in the minimap is a very good idea, thumbs up for being creative!
I should've realized that with Skada, and it's a very good idea with a good visual appearance. The way you've set up EventHorizon also makes perfect sense now that you explained it, I don't play a rogue and I never have so I doubt I'd figure that one out myself!

08-16-10, 01:03 PM   #3079
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

Experimenting w/combo points atm...

Appreciate any c/c.

08-16-10, 01:11 PM   #3080
boomboom
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Aprikot View Post

Experimenting w/combo points atm...

Appreciate any c/c.
I usually don't like "big" UIs (big UFs, buffs, etc.) but this is really nice honestly.

My only thing, and I may be wrong here, is that two sets of combo points? One underneath the target frame, and a second up by the mob? If so, I'd go with the second one, the one by the mob. I think those look really classy.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...