01-24-10, 03:53 PM   #1
khoinoor
Premium Member

Player Casting bar

Hello, was surfing all posts related to how move the player casting bar but didn't figured out how do that.

Any chance to move it a bit lower? at least to have it not standing on the exact center of the HUD? (it stand exactely on top of my character and this may be not the best in most occasion.. at least I love see my in action during fights and see what's going on in the immediate closely of me)

Thanks in advance for any kindly help.
I''ll appreciate that a lot ^^

01-24-10, 04:28 PM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It definitely should not be in the center of the HUD, it should be the lower center. I wouldn't expect it to be covering you character unless you're on of those players who like to keep the camera zoomed in close.

In any event, you can move the casting bar by editing [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > HUD Layouts > {HUD Mode} > nUI_HUDSkin_{HUD mode}_Castar.lua ] and modifying the anchor for the casting bar itself -- that said, it may not be as simple as that since moving it will also impact things like the HOT/DOT bar, cooldown bar, etc.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-24-10, 07:10 PM   #3
khoinoor
Premium Member

Question

mhm, seems I can't find the file you told, or modifying those I found not produce any change.

Inside the HUDLayouts folder I found only "healthPower", Nobars", "NoHUD" and "PlayerTarget". Into "NoHUD" folder there is any {modname}_Cast.;ua file, and modifying all in other folders don't do nothing... or am I trying to modify the wrong part?

here the code part I was going to try to change:

["Casting"] =
{
anchor =
{
anchor_pt = "BOTTOM",
relative_to = nUI_HUDLAYOUT_HEALTHPOWER.."Bottom",
relative_pt = "TOP",
xOfs = 0,
yOfs = 130, <---- is this the value I have to change? and of how much about I have to reduce to bring the cast bar a bit lower?

Thanks again for your kindly help and sorry for my bad knowledge on coding

01-24-10, 07:16 PM   #4
khoinoor
Premium Member

Question another question...

Another question... I have also dowloaded and installed the "nUI_InfoPanel_Carbonite" pack because I use that addon as well. At beginning the Carbonite minimap worked great but after a game restart started to rest on top of all info panels even when I was swapping them. The only one the Carbonite minimap was not covering was the CarboniteInfo Panel

Any suggestions about this as well?

Thanks once more for your kindly help

01-24-10, 07:28 PM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
With the carbonite one, did you follow the instructions on how to set up to work with the infopanel system. The way the carbonite map works makes it awkward even if possible to automatically work. The front page of the addon download page here should give you full instructions on how to get it fit properly.

When I was testing it out for someone a while back I had the same problem but followed the instructions and it worked fine.

01-25-10, 05:10 AM   #6
khoinoor
Premium Member

I followed all instrunction and it worked great at beginning, but after a /nui rl due fix the player casting bar things in previous posts it simply started to overlap other infopanels

Logged in game again just now for daily dutyes and now it works perfect again even if I didn't changed nothing befor log out

Any suggestion about what can be happened? seems strange to me tbh but I'm completely unknowledged about addon coding

01-25-10, 05:14 AM   #7
spiel2001
nUI's Author

What I meant by {HUD mode} in my post was that if you are playing with the "Player/Target" HUD mode, then {HUD mode} = "PlayerTarget" and you would edit the file in [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > HUDLayouts > PlayerTarget > nUI_HUDSkin_PlayerTarget_Casting.lua ]

And yes, the "yOfs" is the vertical offset value.... making it smaller moves the casting bar down, bigger moves it up. Just experiment with it... change it from maybe 130 to 125 and then save the change to the file and do a '/nui rl' to see how much the casting bar moved.

If the bar still doesn't move at all, then maybe posting a screen shot here would be a good idea so we can see what it is that you're trying to move. You can do that just by scrolling down the "Reply to Thread" page until you see the "Manage Attachements" button -- you can use that to upload a screen shot with your reply.

01-25-10, 05:15 AM   #8
khoinoor
Premium Member

oh, keep going on trying to move the player casting bar from the exact center of the HUD.. even tryed to set the anchor x and y value to 0 or either 300 but nothing changed

and same for the GCD bar (the white smaller line with the ball running from left to right that happer just before a casting starts)

Till I am on Prot spec these issues are not the best to deal with but I can survive to them... but so hard if I swap to holy spec cuz casting bar cover completely my char making me unable to see what is around me

01-25-10, 05:18 AM   #9
spiel2001
nUI's Author

nUI does not have *any* bars that are dead center in the HUD. Can you take a screen shot while the casting bar is being displayed and post it so I can see which bar you're trying to move.

01-25-10, 05:28 AM   #10
khoinoor
Premium Member

ok, took screenshots

here screenshots of my interface..

as can be easly seen just on top of my characters there is a white line (should be the GDC bar) and less then 1 second later appear the casting bar on same spot covering me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_012510_122041.jpg
Views:	1056
Size:	355.6 KB
ID:	3898  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_012510_122047.jpg
Views:	1015
Size:	360.2 KB
ID:	3899  

01-25-10, 06:01 AM   #11
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Wow... yup... that's nUI's casting bar, but I have never seen it so high in the interface. Really strange.

In any event, you should definitely be editing [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > HUDLayouts > PlayerTarget > nUI_HUDSkin_PlayerTarget_Casting.lua ]

The section you want to edit is the following...

Code:
        ["Casting"] =
        {
            anchor =
            {
                anchor_pt   = "BOTTOM",
                relative_to = nUI_HUDLAYOUT_PLAYERTARGET.."Bottom",
                relative_pt = "TOP",
                xOfs        = 0,
                yOfs        = 130,
            },
The line highlighted in blue is the one that will move the player casting bar up and down.

If you are changing that 130 to 0 and saving the file, then do a '/nui rl' and the bar does not move at all then something is very wrong. I would suggest you search your system for the file "nUI_HUDSkin_PlayerTarget_Casting.lua" and see if you find more than one copy of it... maybe you're editing in the wrong path, I dunno.

01-25-10, 06:35 AM   #12
khoinoor
Premium Member

GREAT!! it worked now and rest there even after several /nui rl and even game restart

Just another smaller question... which file should I edit if I'd love move a bit upper the target's casting bar? I'd love to have few centimeters more of free space on top of my head for a more clear view

Thx again for your imba help

01-25-10, 06:37 AM   #13
khoinoor
Premium Member

oh, another qwuestio.. sorry if I bother you so much but I'm new on this addon

making new characters will nUI auto config other character's interface in exact same way as it is for my main or I'll have to do some customisation for each one?

Thx once more for you help

01-25-10, 07:19 AM   #14
spiel2001
nUI's Author

If you want to move the target's casting bar in the HUD, then you would edit [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > HUDLayouts > PlayerTarget > nUI_HUDSkin_PlayerTarget_Target.lua ] and located the ["Casting"] section... same as before... modify the yOfs anchor element to move the casting bar up and down.

As for settings for alts... these changes that you're making to the layout apply to all of your toons. Options you set via slash commands are set on a per-toon basis.

01-27-10, 05:16 PM   #15
khoinoor
Premium Member

Question

helps you gived me last time was very helpfuls and fixed my problem.
But now I have another question... is it possible that settings I made on my main goes different on my alts?
After fixed the player casting bar position on my main I logged on an alt and it was positioned too much on the botton. So I changed again same satting for adjust for my alt and when I logged into my main cast bar was again too hight
Tonight I logged in my DK and casting bar seems to be positioned similar to my main (but still different then my druid) and runics are a bit too hight such was for casting bar on main

Another thing... about the carbonite small map... I followed all instructions and it works great till I have the carbonite infopanel showed... but if I go into instance and swap to the infopanel where I have Omen and recount on same window and I expand carbonite map (default key "M") and then close it again (still hitting "M") the "smaller" carbonite map goes overlapping the "Stats info panel" and rest there in trasparence till I swap again to "Carbonite ionfopanel" and open and resize again the Map... Any suggestions about it?

Thanks again for all your kindly help. I really appreciate your fasten on answer

01-27-10, 05:24 PM   #16
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Unfortunately not. The fact that the layouts are different gives the impression that you have made some changes that are character specific somewhere. Perhaps a scaling issue in the standard options ? I would suggest going through your options on each character and screen shotting it and comparing them. See which ones look right and see what settings they have that are different.

The carbonite problem is just that a carbonite specific problem that we cannot alter. All you can do is make sure that the infopanel is selected when you maximize and minimize etc so that it does what it needs to do. The infopanel plugins don't have much more control over the addons they work with than you yourself do when using it.

01-27-10, 05:38 PM   #17
khoinoor
Premium Member

Thanks in advance for your fast answer.
And thanks for info about carbonite, was just wondering if I tought to jave followed instructions but in fact didn't.. but with your info I know I did correct

About the interface, only changes I did are just ones you suggested me on previous posts... only things I did is to set addons differently for each character (I have disabled some character-related addons such pallypower and similar or disabled some addons that i don't use on alts). Is it possible that maybe this has made some changes on scaling? anyway I'll screenshot all my characters and will control scaling with accuracy.

Thanks again for help you give to us all

02-17-10, 06:10 AM   #18
fogline
A Defias Bandit
I also have this problem....

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
What I meant by {HUD mode} in my post was that if you are playing with the "Player/Target" HUD mode, then {HUD mode} = "PlayerTarget" and you would edit the file in [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > HUDLayouts > PlayerTarget > nUI_HUDSkin_PlayerTarget_Casting.lua ]

And yes, the "yOfs" is the vertical offset value.... making it smaller moves the casting bar down, bigger moves it up. Just experiment with it... change it from maybe 130 to 125 and then save the change to the file and do a '/nui rl' to see how much the casting bar moved.

If the bar still doesn't move at all, then maybe posting a screen shot here would be a good idea so we can see what it is that you're trying to move. You can do that just by scrolling down the "Reply to Thread" page until you see the "Manage Attachements" button -- you can use that to upload a screen shot with your reply.
After trying the edit of the file mentioned above, with no change, I noticed my path to this file was different than stated (Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > HUDLayouts > PlayerTarget > nUI_HUDSkin_PlayerTarget_Castbar.lua (as I do not have a file named "nUI_HUDSkin_PlayerTarget_Casting.lua") and modifying *castbar.lua file as stated above does not change the position of the bar.

Any help appreciated, thank you.

02-17-10, 07:09 AM   #19
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
yes, Castbar is the correct file to change but the Casting section is the section you need to look at. I think Scott was working from memory as he was most likely at work at the time. It's around about line 123 of the file. It might have been the case that you adjusted the GCD version of xOfs which I think is the global cooldown tick mark and not as easy to see so if that is the case you might want to set it back.

02-17-10, 08:55 AM   #20
fogline
A Defias Bandit
Seems the problem was that the scale ui was checked in the options page for wow. Unchecked and now all is good.
Thanks for the prompt reply!!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Customizing Layouts » Player Casting bar