01-04-14, 01:14 AM   #1
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thumbs up New UI! (NeavUI as base)

Chat bubbles!

Icon on tooltip now and colored with rarity of item.

Cargbags with beautyborder applied to match UI

New nLoot! colors by questitem and rarity of items.

Aurora, plus one of P3lims addons. You rock man.

In combat here. You can see the raid frames too. They highlight white beautyborder when targeting one of your raid members.

The idea of this was to try to get a fully in place set ui thats really just install and play. Its clean, simple and right to the point and has many amazing features. In the end I do thank every addon author out there too, P3lim, Phanx, Nib, 10leej, Game92, Neal, Goldpaw, Azilroka, cokedrivers, Haleth and so many more amazing talented people whom I learn from and that I am inspired from and whom addons I do use. Thank all! Any and all thoughts are welcome!

Last edited by Kkthnx : 01-04-14 at 04:52 AM.
01-04-14, 05:19 AM   #2
Slaxi81
looks nice, is it finished yet?
(imo the item borders on the character frame don't fit perfectly to the rest)

greetings
slaxi

Last edited by Slaxi81 : 01-04-14 at 05:28 AM.
01-04-14, 05:57 AM   #3
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Slaxi81 View Post
looks nice, is it finished yet?
(imo the item borders on the character frame don't fit perfectly to the rest)

greetings
slaxi
Yah, i seriously need to apply the beautycase there and aurora needs to fully have beautycase applied on it but I have no clue as how to properly apply it yet. I think a friend is going to step in a help with that. I do have a couple of things I wanna do like some other skins and clleaning things up. I wanna make sure the peoples addons I do use give me the okay to let this be released too. P3lim and others I have not messaged about it all yet so. I wanna be sure they give it the green light or red light. I will keep this thread posted with updates within the next few days.
01-04-14, 06:41 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

No, no we do not.

Anyway, in theory I'm all for replacing the Blizzard panel artwork with something cleaner with nice borders, but in practice I just never quite like how it turns out. Someone needs to come up with a good background texture that's not just that awful semitransparent black.
01-04-14, 09:43 AM   #5
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
-

No, no we do not.

Anyway, in theory I'm all for replacing the Blizzard panel artwork with something cleaner with nice borders, but in practice I just never quite like how it turns out. Someone needs to come up with a good background texture that's not just that awful semitransparent black.
Hmm, I will agree. We all start somewhere lmao. I think I might have an Idea. Will post something later on if I find time while at work to work on this and if this idea is gonna look cool..
01-04-14, 09:49 AM   #6
MoonWitch
A Firelord
At one point, I tried to find a better background texture, but in the end - a varying alpha and flat seemed simplest and best looking, even though it's boring. Same with my borders, finding one that works on frames, tooltips, action bar ... yeah

I've always wanted something like this https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwtml3naqt...2f-d4a70t2.png

Last edited by MoonWitch : 01-04-14 at 09:51 AM.
01-04-14, 11:41 AM   #7
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by MoonWitch View Post
At one point, I tried to find a better background texture, but in the end - a varying alpha and flat seemed simplest and best looking, even though it's boring. Same with my borders, finding one that works on frames, tooltips, action bar ... yeah

I've always wanted something like this https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwtml3naqt...2f-d4a70t2.png
ugh that would be amazing. im going to cook something up.. I like this... Muhaha. Anyways on a another note, I could not sleep much after what Slaxi81 said. I also hate when crap does not match so I took the time making it my next tackle. Results so far and I also shot a questitem color on the buttons for the merchant and guild frame.. Do you think it looks okay or should I do grey or classcolor?

01-04-14, 11:45 AM   #8
MoonWitch
A Firelord
This is very nice.

Also : Your cargbags edit, I'd steal it.
Also also : What are the add ons you use for the drop down replacement and borders and such
01-04-14, 11:50 AM   #9
10leej
A Molten Giant

This is very nice.

Also : Your cargbags edit, I'd steal it.
Also also : What are the add ons you use for the drop down replacement and borders and such
The GameTooltip is actually simple enough to skin with !Beauty case.
01-04-14, 11:54 AM   #10
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by 10leej View Post
!beautycase is just simply amazing in the right hands or just being learned at all in that case. 10leej the loot frame is your code just edited a bit to fit beautycase and corrections to positions and stuff and imported border colors for quest items and items. So thank you.
01-04-14, 11:59 AM   #11
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Yeah I know. I am not asking about the gametooltip
01-04-14, 12:09 PM   #12
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Yeah I know. I am not asking about the gametooltip
I believe you are looking for Aurora, I have it modded a bit though. Just a bit!

Can find it here
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...89-Aurora.html
01-04-14, 01:51 PM   #13
Trendkill09
A Fallenroot Satyr

Are you planning to upload this beauty, if yes please do it ASAP :<
01-04-14, 01:52 PM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Ah, that nLoot looks almost just like my LovelyLoot.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-04-14, 01:53 PM   #15
10leej
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Ah, that nLoot looks almost just like my LovelyLoot.
Looks just like my loot frames as well. As well as several other loot frame addons I can think of.
01-04-14, 02:11 PM   #16
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Looks just like my loot frames as well.
Oh yep - I see that. Though I would have appreciated you asking before doing copy-paste... My addons are ARR, after all.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-04-14, 03:07 PM   #17
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Kkthnx, this is a nice UI and I would love to try it soon.

Now for some questions/requests:

1. I like the layout of zork's rtooltip. Can it be considered to be used instead?

2. nLoot: I don't know if this is the case already, but is the pointer already on the first loot item when loot is opened? I find this very convenient when auto loot is disabled. Other loot windows have the pointer show up outside or far from the loot window.

As you can see, those are my very minor suggestions. From all of the screenshots I've seen, I feel this new UI is ready to be beta tested *hint*

Keep up the good work!

PS.
Burdens not dropping for you too, huh?
01-04-14, 03:41 PM   #18
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Oh yep - I see that. Though I would have appreciated you asking before doing copy-paste... My addons are ARR, after all.
The addon is being rewrote so there is no confusion. Problem solved.

Last edited by Kkthnx : 01-04-14 at 04:30 PM.
01-04-14, 05:13 PM   #19
10leej
A Molten Giant

I did actually lemme see if I can dig up that thread....
01-04-14, 06:00 PM   #20
Toran
A Nerdscale Dorkin

Premium Member
This looks fantastic - nice work. I will give this a try for sure. Love the cleanliness and consistency.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » New UI! (NeavUI as base)