10-30-13, 06:45 AM   #3021
Tolil77
A Kobold Labourer
EDIT: Temporary solution is to use:
/run C_StorePublic.IsDisabledByParentalControls = function () return false end
every single time you login/reloadui. This breaks certain things like changing talents, so be careful.

The 'bartender error' from opening the map is odd. Disabling bartender causes a Chatter error to appear when bartender is disabled, and when both were disabled it gave a DeathNote error. I didn't go any further.

Errors I got:
Code:
23x [ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN] AddOn "Bartender4" tried to call the protected function "IsDisabledByParentalControls()".
!BugGrabber-r188\BugGrabber.lua:588: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:588>
<in C code>
FrameXML\MainMenuBarMicroButtons.lua:229: in function "UpdateMicroButtons"
FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:272: in function <FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:255>
(tail call): ?
<in C code>
<in C code>
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1819: in function "SetUIPanel"
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1624: in function "ShowUIPanel"
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1545: in function <FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1541>
<in C code>
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2262: in function "ShowUIPanel"
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2246: in function "ToggleFrame"
<string>:"TOGGLEWORLDMAP":1: in function <string>:"TOGGLEWORLDMAP":1

Locals:
nil
Code:
1x [ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN] AddOn "Chatter" tried to call the protected function "IsDisabledByParentalControls()".
!BugGrabber-r188\BugGrabber.lua:588: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:588>
<in C code>
<in C code>
<in C code>
<in C code>

Locals:
nil
Code:
1x [ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN] AddOn "DeathNote" tried to call the protected function "IsDisabledByParentalControls()".
<in C code>
<in C code>
<in C code>
<in C code>

Locals:
nil

Last edited by Tolil77 : 10-30-13 at 07:01 AM.

10-30-13, 06:51 AM   #3022
geekingitout
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Your UI looks like it's been scaled down (hence all the super tiny fonts and blurred edges). Done on purpose?

Nope, not at all. In fact, using your UI - I am physically unable to adjust the UI Scale. This is what your UI has done to me... caused me to feel like a dancing about.

Originally Posted by geekingitout View Post
Nib -

2) If you are raid leader, how is it that one goes about finding the controls for the raid. I know the mini map has the markers you can throw down, but nothing about the raid check ability and etc.
Still waiting for an answer on this question too.

Reinstalling the UI to see if it makes any changes.

Here are the results of the fresh install. The only addons I have installed are the ones that came with UI.

I have a random timer bar up in the top right hand corner next to my auras. What's that about? It appears to match the timer that is right above the unit frame. Pic shows ya what I mean.

I do have it set to show LARGE HUD and this is the scale I am getting.

Here is a side by side comparsion. I am not noticing much a difference, a slight one, but not much. In fact, the difference that I am able to see is positioning of the UI itself, not the overall one would expect. For example, the map resizes - but it doesn't appear that the timers have at all.

Last edited by geekingitout : 10-30-13 at 07:35 AM.

10-30-13, 11:08 AM   #3023
zxa
A Murloc Raider
Bt4

Updated to 8.0 r20b (still says 8.0 r20 in game) And I am still getting the error message

10-30-13, 11:24 AM   #3024
Massiveunit
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by zxa View Post
Updated to 8.0 r20b (still says 8.0 r20 in game) And I am still getting the error message
I think the addon authors need time to work out the bugs and then Nib will do 1 update.

10-30-13, 11:24 AM   #3025
geekingitout
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by zxa View Post
Yea, anytime I open my map I get an error message that Bartender 4 has been blocked.

10-30-13, 12:51 PM   #3026
meljen
A Fallenroot Satyr
Indicators?

First of all... WOW. I was afraid I would be intimidated by this very unique UI. But I am trying it now. I am absolutely blown away. I LOVE how everything is already placed perfectly for my screen, and how CLEAN it is when I'm idle!

I do need help with something pretty important though.

I would like to show forbearance and my hand abilities on the Grid2 raid frames on my hpally. I know how to add new buffs/debuffs that I can choose from for the indicators. What I need is advice on how/where to place them. I don't want to override the RealUI settings or mess anything up. Any suggestions?

Would the best solution be to include them along with all of the other buff indicators that come default with the RealUI Grid2, and just set priorities for which shows foremost? Still not sure how I would show forbearance since that is a debuff and I'd like it to show separately from buffs.

10-30-13, 01:47 PM   #3027
Mucci
A Defias Bandit
What is happending?

The ui is ****ing up when i go in to a dungeon, it shows the party frame(blizzard party frame), i just wanna hear if other have the same problem or its just me.

10-30-13, 02:17 PM   #3028
KlaypexDelusion
A Murloc Raider
sry 4 some bad english
Not sure if this is asked but ok.

Cant find and get to info how to move grid2. Mean i can move him but when i release mouse it returns on that botom mid point/place.
Is there way to unlock him so i can put it on other place !?
Thanks

10-30-13, 05:30 PM   #3029
Shylier
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by meljen View Post
First of all... WOW. I was afraid I would be intimidated by this very unique UI. But I am trying it now. I am absolutely blown away. I LOVE how everything is already placed perfectly for my screen, and how CLEAN it is when I'm idle!

I do need help with something pretty important though.

I would like to show forbearance and my hand abilities on the Grid2 raid frames on my hpally. I know how to add new buffs/debuffs that I can choose from for the indicators. What I need is advice on how/where to place them. I don't want to override the RealUI settings or mess anything up. Any suggestions?

Would the best solution be to include them along with all of the other buff indicators that come default with the RealUI Grid2, and just set priorities for which shows foremost? Still not sure how I would show forbearance since that is a debuff and I'd like it to show separately from buffs.
First of all, Welcome to RealUI. I haven't ever set up forbearance to show for my holy pally but I used to set up my Disc priest to show Weakened soul and PW:Shield in the same corner with 2 different colors (PW:Shield-Yellow, Weakened soul-grey). I set PW:Shield to take priority over Weakened Soul, if PW:Shield is on a target it will also have Weakened soul.
Perhaps you could set up forbearance the same way, The upper right corner isn't used by RealUI so you can set it up there.
If you look at the main page for RealUI Down at the very bottom is a picture to show where the indicators RealUI places in grid are located.

10-30-13, 05:37 PM   #3030
Shylier
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by KlaypexDelusion View Post
sry 4 some bad english
Not sure if this is asked but ok.

Cant find and get to info how to move grid2. Mean i can move him but when i release mouse it returns on that botom mid point/place.
Is there way to unlock him so i can put it on other place !?
Thanks
You can move it using the RealUI config panel, Go to "Positions" and from that panel select "Grid (Healing)" or "Grid(DPS/Tank)" from the drop down menu. Once you have done this, use the sliders below that menu to adjust the position where you want it. You will have to do this for each layout if you do both healing and DPS/Tank.

10-30-13, 09:19 PM   #3031
Hakamaori
A Cliff Giant

Exclamation More Error Stuff

So, Aurora caused this error today. I updated to the version that was updated today before logging in as well.

Code:
1x [ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN] AddOn "Aurora" tried to call the protected function "IsDisabledByParentalControls()".
<in C code>
Blizzard_TrainerUI\Blizzard_TrainerUI.lua:95: in function <Blizzard_TrainerUI\Blizzard_TrainerUI.lua:84>
<in C code>
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1663: in function "ShowUIPanel"
<in C code>
Blizzard_TrainerUI\Blizzard_TrainerUI.lua:42: in function "ClassTrainerFrame_Show"
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1145: in function <FrameXML\UIParent.lua:702>

Locals:
nil
Also, the map issue still persists:

Code:
34x [ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN] AddOn "Ace3" tried to call the protected function "IsDisabledByParentalControls()".
<in C code>
<in C code>
<in C code>
<in C code>

Locals:
nil
Regardless, I still love the UI. keep up the good work.

Hakamaori - Tauren Protection Warrior: Wyrmrest Accord - US

Last edited by Hakamaori : 10-30-13 at 09:30 PM.

10-30-13, 10:29 PM   #3032
meljen
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Shylier View Post
First of all, Welcome to RealUI. I haven't ever set up forbearance to show for my holy pally but I used to set up my Disc priest to show Weakened soul and PW:Shield in the same corner with 2 different colors (PW:Shield-Yellow, Weakened soul-grey). I set PW:Shield to take priority over Weakened Soul, if PW:Shield is on a target it will also have Weakened soul.
Perhaps you could set up forbearance the same way, The upper right corner isn't used by RealUI so you can set it up there.
If you look at the main page for RealUI Down at the very bottom is a picture to show where the indicators RealUI places in grid are located.
Thank you SO much. I did set up beacon & my hand abilities on the right-hand side icon where you have typical HoT abilities set up, and I set priorities and it seems to work well. :-)

I still need to get used to the placement of the raid frames. I'm thinking of doing 3 action bars at the bottom and bumping the raid frames up - not sure yet. But I think I'm getting used to it slowly! This is a VERY different UI, but it is addictingly smooth and slick. Fantastic job!

10-31-13, 10:34 PM   #3033
Hakamaori
A Cliff Giant

Exclamation Errors

I typed /who and i got this error:

Code:
2x [ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN] AddOn "AtlasLoot" tried to call the protected function "IsDisabledByParentalControls()".
<in C code>
FrameXML\FriendsFrame.lua:258: in function <FrameXML\FriendsFrame.lua:254>
<in C code>
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1663: in function "ShowUIPanel"
<in C code>
FrameXML\FriendsFrame.lua:1213: in function "ShowWhoPanel"
FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:1986: in function "?"
FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4316: in function "ChatEdit_ParseText"
FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3962: in function "ChatEdit_SendText"
FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4008: in function "ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed"
<string>:"*:OnEnterPressed":1: in function <string>:"*:OnEnterPressed":1

Locals:
nil

Hakamaori - Tauren Protection Warrior: Wyrmrest Accord - US

10-31-13, 10:59 PM   #3034
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
"IsDisabledByParentalControls()" errors will persist until Blizz fixes their code or every single addon author affected implements work-arounds (which can cause their own issues). Don't worry about them too much.

11-01-13, 03:24 AM   #3035
atobie
A Defias Bandit
hey! love the comp!...but i was wondering if there is a way to separate specific bags into their own category, or to make them highlighted separately (i.e. mining bag, herb bag, etc.)

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks in advance ^_^

11-02-13, 07:08 PM   #3036
meljen
A Fallenroot Satyr
Grid color & position?

Hi all, I have a question - when I installed RealUI, my Grid frames were colorized. They were a pastel-like color instead of black like shown on the main page. Is this intentional? If so, is there a way to make them dark again, or would you recommend against it?

Also, when I click tank/dps and then healer for the layouts, I didn't notice any real change. Granted I was trying it in town, but I was wondering what the changes are that happen between the two layouts.

Thanks in advance! :-)

11-03-13, 01:27 AM   #3037
LightninBladez
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Tolil77 View Post
EDIT: Temporary solution is to use:
/run C_StorePublic.IsDisabledByParentalControls = function () return false end
every single time you login/reloadui. This breaks certain things like changing talents, so be careful.

The 'bartender error' from opening the map is odd. Disabling bartender causes a Chatter error to appear when bartender is disabled, and when both were disabled it gave a DeathNote error. I didn't go any further.
I found another function that someone posted on the Curse website that also disables the errors I've been getting.

/run StaticPopupDialogs["ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN"] = nil

Seems to work very well until fixes implemented by Blizzard and whatnot.

11-04-13, 08:58 AM   #3038
Bearshaker
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
[Monk] Tigereye Brew

Hey!

I was wondering if there is a bug regarding Tigereye Brew on the "active" bar.

It seems to stack up fine but when I activate my brew only sometimes it will change to show how long the buff lasts. Most of the times it will just continue to show the stacks and I can't seem to find anywhere else to see the time of the buff.

Any idea what could cause this or what I could do to show it somewhere else?

EDIT: The problem only appears if there is over 10 stacks.

Last edited by Bearshaker : 11-04-13 at 11:50 AM.

11-04-13, 01:42 PM   #3039
Trendkill09
A Fallenroot Satyr

Dude When i use Overachiever with RealUI i get

Overachiever has been blocked from an action only available to BlizzardUI thing. how can i solve this

11-04-13, 03:11 PM   #3040
HiiQueue
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Maelstrom should be tracked by default. I will check it out.

For the map, have you updated to r20b?
Any news on the Maelstrom being tracked? Like, it does show on the SIDE of my healthframe, as a generic buff with the yellow border being the timer and a small number showing stacks, however, I would love it if it was in the buff/debuff zone above my healthframe like when I use divine protection (on my pally) or other buffs.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI