06-22-09, 07:29 PM   #1
Hnybear
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
nUI+ & Clique

nUI+ Dev 5.03.11
Clique r119

Everytime I relog on my priest I have to reset my Left click and Right click binds in Clique.

I use "Left Click" and "Right Click" to cast spells. To target or bring up the menu I use the modifier shift, so "Shift-Left Click" targets and "Shift-Right Click" opens the default drop down menu.

It is very annoying to have to reset my Clique settings for those two casts every single time I log back into my toon.

06-22-09, 07:33 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm wonder if this ties in with the other key binding issue people have been talking about ?

I've not used clique in a while. Tried again a few months back but gave it up again. Definitely prefer healbot and at the moment that hasn't had problems keeping to the keys I've assigned.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

06-22-09, 07:36 PM   #3
Hnybear
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Not sure but I was using Xperl and I've used grid, BT and pitbull with no problems with Clique, this only started when I went to nUI+. This is a great UI but if it keeps mess'n with my binds I may have to drop it. :'(

If I can help in anyway in pinpointing the issues please let me know.

06-22-09, 07:38 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Does this happen when you disable nUI also? It may be because you are changing the default Blizz click actions on the unit frames and nUI grabs the keybindings from Blizz.

On my Paladins, I use the modifiers shift/ctrl/alt to activate Clique casting. Otherwise, the normal Blizz left/right clicks are the same. I haven't had an issue yet.

06-22-09, 07:42 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Hnybear View Post
Not sure but I was using Xperl and I've used grid, BT and pitbull with no problems with Clique, this only started when I went to nUI+. This is a great UI but if it keeps mess'n with my binds I may have to drop it. :'(

If I can help in anyway in pinpointing the issues please let me know.
lol. Guess that answered my question about isolating it. I can't recall offhand, but is there an option in the Blizz Keybinding page to change the normal left/right click to be bound as shift left/shift/right?

06-22-09, 07:44 PM   #6
Hnybear
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Just disabled nUI+ and Clique works flawlessly with the default Blizz UI. So it's only happening with nUI running.

06-22-09, 07:47 PM   #7
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

With nUI toggled off, is there an option in the Blizz keybinding menu to change left/right clicks to shift left/right?

06-22-09, 07:56 PM   #8
Hnybear
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
No there's not.

06-22-09, 08:01 PM   #9
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This may help, it's from the Comments section of Clique's page here on WoWI. It all depends on how your specific bindings are setup.

Originally posted by Aluria
Hi there

i just DL'd Clique and on the 1st view it's a really well done AddOn! But i stepped over one problem which made me really think...

I bound my Spells on:
Left Click
Right Click
Mouse Whell

and saved everything under "Helpful actions" cause obviously healing spells are helpful :P

but now i cannot use right-click's standard function like inspect or invite and so on.. Well i suppose Clique overwrites this.
So i want to know if there is any possibility that Clique can detect wether i'm in Combat an so i can use my healspells bind onto this "klick" or if i'm OOC and want to insepct or whatever..

For my this is a pretty serious issue cause i played with "normal" Mouseover-heal makros bind to normal keys and i wanted to reduce my bars used. sofar i'm "forced" to bind my healspells on Shift (Ctrl or Alt, whatever :P)+Click but thats, well, not what i want to do so i hope you can help me in anyways
Greets Aluria
Just make a custom clique binding, with "Show Menu" in the out-of-combat click-set. Then when you are out of combat, your right click will show the menu, and when you are in combat it will cast the heal. Keep in mind that in many fights you do not enter combat until you've done something to get on a mob's threat list, so even if the tank is dying.. if you haven't healed him yet you will not be in combat. ALternatively, you can use the full expressive macro system in Clique.

06-22-09, 08:14 PM   #10
Hnybear
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Good call. That worked wonderfully.

06-22-09, 08:18 PM   #11
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Glad it worked for you

06-23-09, 04:01 AM   #12
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner.

If it matters any, this is an issue that has come up before and the only advice I can offer is that changing the function of left-click and right-click is generally a really bad idea because those two functions are so fundamental to how unit frames function.

The reason why you have issues with the function being reset is that nUI's unit frames use the secure action mechanism driven by the attributes settings to bind left and right click to targeting and the menu system when nUI is loaded. It has no way of knowing if you are overloading the key binds in another mod and most people do not do that, so it would be a mistake to assume they do.

It's one of those damned if you do and damned if you don't things. However, since the vast majority of people do not either use Clique or of those who do, do not rebind the left and right unmodified click, I have to go with what will work for the majority.

The bind-in-combat overload works because that binding is not made until combat starts which then overloads nUI's key binding instead of the other way around.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

06-23-09, 03:25 PM   #13
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Have have been using clique and nUI+ flawlessly with the unit frames. I have set clique up with a key+mouse click setup and no problems at all. Not sure if that is relevant at all, just thought i would give some feedback.

06-23-09, 11:24 PM   #14
Wolfje63
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I have used Clique also and I can confirm that sometimes my left and right click (without modifiers) would not work. Ie, right click options menu not available.
Only a /reloadgui or a /nui rl would fix that problem. Mostly I found out that this happened in a group. Even before going into combat.
Also my Shift/Ctrl/Alt keys would somethimes stop working, which is a pain with healing of course.
Before I used Nui+, I had not problems with Clique behaving this way.
There was no error message so I cannot check if this is a Clique problem or a Nui+ one (or even something in the Blizzard programming :O).

I uninstalled Clique and am using Healbot again and did not have any problems anymore with my right/left buttons being not available. If I do, I will be sure to post this.
Nui+ is more precious to me then Clique, so I can live without Clique .

06-24-09, 01:12 AM   #15
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by gothicknight View Post
Have have been using clique and nUI+ flawlessly with the unit frames. I have set clique up with a key+mouse click setup and no problems at all. Not sure if that is relevant at all, just thought i would give some feedback.
The OP was doing just the opposite, using Clique with no modifier to cast spells, and then using a modifier key plus left/right click to access the normal Unit target/menu features.

06-24-09, 03:52 AM   #16
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Wolfje63 View Post
I have used Clique also and I can confirm that sometimes my left and right click (without modifiers) would not work. Ie, right click options menu not available.
This is a known bug that has occurred since the 3.1 patch and affects a lot of people, not just nUI users. It has been tied to Cartographer's instance maps and a few other things. Carbonite and QuestHelper have been known to cause similar issues. The exact cause I'm not clear on as I don't use any of these mods and haven't really be tracking the details on it.

One way or the other, it is known to not be an nUI bug nor a Clique bug.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » nUI+ & Clique