09-04-09, 11:51 AM   #1
rossman
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
data broker questions

I am creating a LDB display for nUI built around the CargoShip lib. I have it displaying a bar and a infopanel.

My question is what brokers do most of you use and where do you have it displaying the info? Maybe a little info on why you use a certain broker over another. I want this info so I can make the layout file for some of the most needed brokers before I release the plugin.

I use on my top bar
Ara_Broker_Guild, Ara_Broker_SpecSwitcher, Broker_Equipment, Attrition(durability), Ara_Broker_WeaponBuffer, Broker_GotMail, Ara_Broker_Tradeskills, Broker_Bags, Ara_Broker_Money

In the infopanel
Launchers (MakeRocketGoNow):nUI_Config_LDB,
Ara_Broker_Reputations, Ara_Broker_XP

Thank You
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090409_101643.jpg
Views:	805
Size:	345.1 KB
ID:	3311  

Last edited by rossman : 09-04-09 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Add SS

09-04-09, 06:07 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I used to use Fubar then I had problems with it and my brothers were using titan bar which looked cool so switched to that.

I just use it to hold options for the addons that have LDB options and things like gold and durability. I don't need to download anything extra as the default includes all that I need and the addons I use add their stuff.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

09-05-09, 08:52 PM   #3
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Rossman, how did you get you unitframes to look like that, it is sweet, and what does the pet frame look like?

Is your unitframe layout available to download please?

09-05-09, 10:40 PM   #4
rossman
A Cyclonian

Solo Unit frames

I was reading the forums the other day and saw someone who was making his unit frames look like some old ui called Mazzle. I had never used it but i liked the way the unit frames looked so I attempted to copy them the best I could just by modifying the solo layout files. I really like the way it looks. I will clean them up and test all the display items. I will complete the pet unit frame and if it all works out right i can put it all together and release it.

I think we all will be able to do this kind of stuff with nUI 6 easily so this all may just be a fun little exercise.

Well it seems not to many people use ldb display bars. I will complete this project and release the plugin with my brokers.

09-05-09, 10:53 PM   #5
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
yeah i used to use Mazzle UI myself back in day lol. It is an awesome layout and very easy to read. and it just looks hot hehe.

LDB is bloody awesome (i use chocolatebar for my display), but yeah if you could put that layout up for download that would be efing sweet.

Thanks

09-06-09, 12:44 PM   #6
ricks322
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I use NinjaPanel, I like it because it does just what I want without alot of "extra's". I have some data and mostly launchers. (I HATE mini-map buttons). I hate to have to type something in the chat frame to load options for a add-on so I just write my own launcher if the add-on doesn't have one.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Plugin Support » data broker questions