04-26-11, 02:04 PM   #1
IdoneaFX
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation Carbonite is Broken

4.1 is live now and Carbonite is not working at all - Can we please get an ETA on when it will be compatible again?

I am a long time user of Carbonite and I enjoy using it very much. During the first part of Cata I had absolutely no problems with the addon at all, and now with 4 months of it not being updated I am fearful for its future.

We do appreciate all that the writers do for this addon, however it appears that your website has been void of information.

Please let your loyal users have an ETA on weather or not the addon will be updated, if you do not plan on updating it can you release the addon to someone else who wants to maintain it?

I love the addon and I would hate to see it die. Please give us a status update on what is going on with the 4.1 Compatible Patch for this addon.

04-26-11, 02:52 PM   #2
Christobar
A Kobold Labourer

I have been having some issues and agree with IdoneaFX. My problem is when I load My game and Carbonite comes up it is unresponsive with no error reports and I am wondering if it is an issue with the program itself. I have used Carbonite since before cata and have had no issues with it in the past. any information on what is up with the program would be greatly valued.

04-26-11, 02:53 PM   #3
love4stupidppl
A Black Drake

Maybe look around I just made thread showing a temporary solution. Rather then create a bunch of threads.

04-26-11, 03:00 PM   #4
xemm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Maybe link us to it instead of being a jerk? your comment is about as worthless as his and mine.

04-26-11, 03:03 PM   #5
love4stupidppl
A Black Drake

Derp, look right below your thread.

05-09-11, 08:50 PM   #6
Gherling
A Defias Bandit
Me, too

"4.1 is live now and Carbonite is not working at all"

I have had the same problem since WoW 4.1
On the character selection screen, when I click on Addons it says Carbonite is active, but when I get into the game, there is no evidence that Carbonite is working at all - not even the "C" button
I love Carbonite - and wish I had it working

Last edited by Gherling : 05-09-11 at 08:54 PM. Reason: unfamiliar with editor

05-09-11, 10:33 PM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gherling View Post
"4.1 is live now and Carbonite is not working at all"

I have had the same problem since WoW 4.1
On the character selection screen, when I click on Addons it says Carbonite is active, but when I get into the game, there is no evidence that Carbonite is working at all - not even the "C" button
I love Carbonite - and wish I had it working
While these forums, and the Carbonite release version are hosted by WoWInterface.com (and the release version is also available on Curse.com) the Beta version of Carbonite is only available on the Carbonite homepage. Follow the link, click on the "Download" link, scroll to the bottom of that page and click on the "Carbonite 4.1 beta 1 link. Install as per usual for a manual install.

I advise you to go to your "Path To Your World of Warcraft folder\Interface\AddOns\" folder, and delete the four Carbonite folders before you install the Beta. There have been some problems with the Carbonite Beta when this is not done first.

There is also a problem with all of the map icons blinking if you are tracking a gathering skill (herbs and ore/veins) with the default Blizzard tracking (magnifying glass minimap icon) interface. Generally, you can stop this by opening Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) to the "Map Minimap" page and finding the "Minimap herb/ore dot glow delay (0 is off) 0.4" option. Click on that line, and it will open an edit box. Change the value in the edit box to "0" (zero), hit "Accept", and your minimap/minimized map icons should stop blinking.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite is Broken