07-20-14, 01:04 AM   #1
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Data Changes in WoD

The following has been (mostly) ripped off wowpedia just for informing people here.
The original source can be found here: http://wowpedia.org/Patch_6.0.1/API_changes#Changes

Difficulties:
  • 0 - None
  • 1 - 5-player instance
  • 2 - 5-player heroic instance
  • 3 - 10-player raid
  • 4 - 25-player raid
  • 5 - 10-player heroic raid
  • 6 - 25-player heroic raid
  • 7 - 25-player raid finder
  • 8 - challenge mode
  • 9 - 40-player raid
  • 10 - unused
  • 11 - heroic scenario
  • 12 - scenario
  • 13 - unused
  • 14 - 10-30-player flexible raid
  • 15 - 10-30-player flexible heroic raid
  • 16 - 20-player mythic raid
  • 17 - 10-30-player flexible LFR

GUID overhaul:
The Globally Unique Identifier format has been completely redesigned, consider the following:
As of build 18888, the format has changed from using colons to hyphens for splitting each value.

Item hyperlink changes:
Item hyperlinks have been updated to support bonusIDs and instanceDifficultyID.
Also, with the removal of the reforge system, reforgeID is gone:
  • Old:
    • itemID:enchant:gem1:gem2:gem3:gem4:suffixID:uniqueID:level:reforgeID:upgradeID
  • New:
    • itemID:enchant:gem1:gem2:gem3:gem4:suffixID:uniqueID:level:upgradeId:instanceDifficultyID:numBonusIDs:bonusID1:bonusID2:...

They can be used for storing random suffixes (e.g. "of the Fireflash"), random bonuses (e.g. bonusID 40 is +Avoidance), raid types (see below), dungeon typing, random quest upgrades (see below for epic/rare), crafting upgrades (e.g. bonusID 526 is "Expert") and others.

Some examples of bonusIDs:
  • 448 - Warforged, +6 itemlevel
  • 449 - Heroic, +13 itemlevel
  • 450 - Mythic, +26 itemlevel
  • 451 - LFR, -12 itemlevel
  • 15 - Epic, +10 itemlevel
  • 171 - Rare, +5 itemlevel

BonusIDs can adjust itemlevels, modify stats, change itemquality, add item titles, appends words to item names, add sockets, adjust appearance, adjust required equip level, and possibly many more.

World markers:
We now have 8 world markers (up from 5), the new colors are as follows:
  • Orange (represented by the circle raidicon)
  • Silver (represented by the moon raidicon)
  • White (represented by the skull raidicon)

Last edited by p3lim : 09-18-14 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Changes to GUID

07-20-14, 03:58 AM   #2
Lombra
A Molten Giant

I wonder.. does the difficulty bonus ID thing mean that items from various difficulties will have the same item ID?

07-20-14, 04:16 AM   #3
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

@Lombra
Yes.

07-27-14, 09:22 PM   #4
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't know what zoneUID is supposed to represent in a mob's GUID, but it's not the zone they're spawned in.

Two mobs right next to each other can have completely different numbers in that slot.

07-28-14, 11:11 AM   #5
Rainrider
A Firelord
I suppose it is a unique identifier for the current zone. Maybe spawnUID is only required to be unique for the given npcID, but the server has to differentiate between all the mobs in a given zone without checking two numbers but rather just one. As it is there for pets too, it would be interesting to check whether this number changes on zone change.

07-28-14, 11:48 AM   #6
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If the number represents the zone the unit spawned in then why is it that mobs in the same area will have different numbers?

For example, mobs right next to each other on the timeless isle will have 3 or 5, and npcs in the vale will have 3 and 6.

08-04-14, 11:59 PM   #7
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Added some info about the new world markers in 18663, not really data changes, but meh.

08-05-14, 12:34 PM   #8
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
World markers:
We now have 8 world markers (up from 5), the new colors are as follows:
  • Orange (represented by the circle raidicon)
  • Silver (represented by the moon raidicon)
  • White (represented by the skull raidicon)

Looks like they added the rest of the raid target markers that weren't world markers yet.

08-05-14, 12:53 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Makes sense. Then you can say "tank skull at skull".
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-19-14, 06:46 AM   #10
Gello
A Molten Giant
It's not a new change with a recent build, but maybe worth mentioning: battle pet petIDs are now formatted similarly to new GUIDs:

In MoP: "0x000000019824FF"

In WoD: "BattlePet:0:0000026814EF"

I've not figured out what the initial "0" field is for. It's "0" for all of my pets on the beta.

Battle pet addon authors who save petIDs, if you don't already, you may want to save the speciesID of saved petIDs so you can reconstruct petIDs in the changeover. (Probably already handled, since servers seem to want to reassign petIDs on a whim)

08-19-14, 09:01 AM   #11
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Gello View Post
It's not a new change with a recent build, but maybe worth mentioning: battle pet petIDs are now formatted similarly to new GUIDs:

In MoP: "0x000000019824FF"

In WoD: "BattlePet:0:0000026814EF"

I've not figured out what the initial "0" field is for. It's "0" for all of my pets on the beta.

Battle pet addon authors who save petIDs, if you don't already, you may want to save the speciesID of saved petIDs so you can reconstruct petIDs in the changeover. (Probably already handled, since servers seem to want to reassign petIDs on a whim)
That seems very inconsistent with the rest of the GUID changes (the fact that it only has 2 data values).

08-21-14, 08:42 AM   #12
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
That seems very inconsistent with the rest of the GUID changes (the fact that it only has 2 data values).
Not really, player GUIDs only contain two values.

08-28-14, 11:28 AM   #13
Lombra
A Molten Giant

Bleh, I hate the item bonus ID thing the more I think about it. You'll "never" be able to make do with just the item ID again, and the bonus IDs are pretty random.. heroic on one item is not the same ID as heroic on another.

09-10-14, 08:29 PM   #14
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Is the serverID a good way to test to see if the sender on a whisper is on the same server as you?
Wrote up some code to get the serverID from UnitGUID(), then compare that with the GUID of the sender on a whisper event.

09-10-14, 09:57 PM   #15
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by galvin View Post
Is the serverID a good way to test to see if the sender on a whisper is on the same server as you? Wrote up some code to get the serverID from UnitGUID(), then compare that with the GUID of the sender on a whisper event.
The server name has been appended to the sender name (eg. arg2 is "Sender-RealmName") since 5.4.7, even for same-realm senders, but I suppose if you want to use the server ID from the GUID instead, it's the same amount of work (one string operation and one comparison) so it doesn't really matter which method you use.

09-13-14, 11:04 AM   #16
Lombra
A Molten Giant

Witnessed an item source GUID today. Source for SPELL_AURA_APPLIED applying gun scope proc. Destination player unit.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=77529
GUID: "Item:3299:0:40000000476C13EC" (3299 being my realm ID)
Name: "Unknown"
Flags: 16936
Spell ID: 109085 (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=109085)

Edit: Don't know if this is new actually? Come to think of it, wasn't there something introduced in MoP?

Last edited by Lombra : 09-13-14 at 11:09 AM.

09-13-14, 02:21 PM   #17
Lombra
A Molten Giant

Also, could someone explain these atlases? I don't understand at all.

09-13-14, 06:02 PM   #18
Duugu
Premium Member

As far as I read their really 'helpful' description those atlases are a bit like sprites.

someTexture:SetAtlas() renders the atlas-texture (or a part of it - depending on the TexCoords of the atlas) onto a existing 'standard'-texture object without the need to create an additional texture object for it.

Not sure if this is correct, though. Just a theory.

09-15-14, 12:07 AM   #19
Phanx
Cat.

It's not about avoiding creating an extra texture object, it's about avoiding the need for doing math to determine the necessary texture coordinates. For example, let's say you have the following:

The whole image is 700x400, and contains 3 pictures of a kitten (2 smaller on the left, 1 bigger on the right). Let's say you have an atlas for the top left picture, covering an area 270px wide and 200px high, and you want to display a 150px square zooming in on the kitten's adorable little fuzzy face. (And look at those spots! Don't you just want to scratch its little chin and rub its little belly? )

Without the atlas:

Code:
texture:SetTexture("Path\\To\\Kittens")
texture:SetTexCoord(0.1114, 0.3257, 0.02, 0.395) -- 78/700, (78+150)/700, 8/400, (8+150)/400
Obviously that's fine, but what happens later if you change your mind and want to show the whole kitten? Well, you have to go look at the source image and manually figure out what the coordinates for that are:

Code:
texture:SetTexCoord(0, 0.3857, 0, 0.5) -- 0, 270/700, 0, 200/400
Now let's try with the atlas. Kitten face only:

Code:
texture:SetTexture("Path\\To\\Kittens")
texture:SetAtlas("Kitten-One-Of-Three")
texture:TexCoord(0.2888, 0.8444, 0.04, 0.79) -- 78/270, (78+150)/270, 8/200, (8+150)/200
Pretty similar in terms of effort (calculating coordinates) as without an atlas. But, when you change your mind later and want to show the whole kitten, it's much easier:

Code:
texture:SetTexCoord(0, 1, 0, 1)
Basically it slices up the source file before applying it to your texture object, so as far as your object is concerned, the file doesn't contain anything outside of the atlas area.

Also keep in mind that you cannot create your own atlases. You can only use the ones already defined by Blizzard. This means that they're mainly only useful if you're creating things that graphically match the default UI.

Last edited by Phanx : 09-15-14 at 12:09 AM.

09-15-14, 09:20 AM   #20
Lombra
A Molten Giant

Right, thanks! So basically an atlas consists of a texture file and some texture coords. Useful if you're dealing with a texture from one of those all-in-one texture files and want to apply "additional" tex coords. (well, should an atlas exist for it, anyway)

What's useAtlasSize do? I seen something like that in some XML.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » WoD Beta archived threads » Data changes from live (18414) to build 18566