10-15-08, 03:04 AM   #61
flyx
A Defias Bandit
Dr Damage, Mana Emerald Counts

Hi there. I installed Macaroon (I'm an ex-bongos user...) and with the tutorial page and this thread I've managed to make most of the stuff I wanted work. Thanks for the effort of making the plugin.

However, there are two things I haven't figured out yet; I'm hoping its just a matter of being pointed in the right direction.

On my mage character my Mana Emerald isn't showing the number of charges left. I have the "Enable Count Text" setting set, and it is showing counts for other items, but not for a Mana Emerald.

The other issue is that Dr Damage doesn't seem to know how to put its text on Macaroon's buttons. I'm guessing that's because Macaroon is "different", but is there a supported way for other plugins to put text on Macaroon's buttons?

Thanks again.

10-15-08, 04:54 AM   #62
MoDollaz
A Defias Bandit
so wat do u do if u have no mousewheel?

10-15-08, 05:04 AM   #63
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
With great flexibility comes great configuration...

I have enabled the WoWInterface FAQ system for Macaroon.

The new FAQ resource is here - FAQ

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

Last edited by Maul : 10-21-08 at 08:27 AM.

10-15-08, 05:06 AM   #64
bbqq
A Kobold Labourer
spell casting prob

i am trying to cast spells on grouped toons, but its not asting spell, under macaroon, but it does under normal macros

setup

/target friend
/cast power word: fortitude

any ideas would help,

thank you in advance for the help

10-15-08, 05:51 AM   #65
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by MoDollaz View Post
so wat do u do if u have no mousewheel?
Most options are available via slash command /macaroon or /mac

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-15-08, 05:52 AM   #66
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by bbqq View Post
i am trying to cast spells on grouped toons, but its not asting spell, under macaroon, but it does under normal macros

setup

/target friend
/cast power word: fortitude

any ideas would help,

thank you in advance for the help
Macro execution is still handled by Blizzard. However, is this a fresh setup or did you use the importer?

10-15-08, 05:53 AM   #67
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by flyx View Post
Hi there. I installed Macaroon (I'm an ex-bongos user...) and with the tutorial page and this thread I've managed to make most of the stuff I wanted work. Thanks for the effort of making the plugin.

However, there are two things I haven't figured out yet; I'm hoping its just a matter of being pointed in the right direction.

On my mage character my Mana Emerald isn't showing the number of charges left. I have the "Enable Count Text" setting set, and it is showing counts for other items, but not for a Mana Emerald.

The other issue is that Dr Damage doesn't seem to know how to put its text on Macaroon's buttons. I'm guessing that's because Macaroon is "different", but is there a supported way for other plugins to put text on Macaroon's buttons?

Thanks again.
See the shiny new FAQ!

10-15-08, 08:30 AM   #68
seebs
Premium Member
Premium Member
This looks fairly innovative. A couple of questions:

1. Can you point me at anything explaining in more detail the difference between "macro buttons" and "action buttons" in Blizzard's world? Does this mean that you no longer face the 120-button limit, or does it just mean that you're implementing the buttons differently?
2. How is it that your interface can have longer macros than Blizzard's interface? This is magic.
3. What's a profile and how do I use it? I want to have a basic bar layout which gets shared by most of my toons.

10-15-08, 09:26 AM   #69
rakkarage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
hide minimap button?

is there any way to hide the minimap button? thanks

10-15-08, 09:45 AM   #70
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by seebs View Post
This looks fairly innovative. A couple of questions:

1. Can you point me at anything explaining in more detail the difference between "macro buttons" and "action buttons" in Blizzard's world? Does this mean that you no longer face the 120-button limit, or does it just mean that you're implementing the buttons differently?
2. How is it that your interface can have longer macros than Blizzard's interface? This is magic.
3. What's a profile and how do I use it? I want to have a basic bar layout which gets shared by most of my toons.
1) Well, I could point you to all sorts of information, but not sure it go to answering your question without learning a whole lot about addon making.

Basically, for their own UI, Blizzard created a button type called an "action button". With this button type comes certain parameters that any addon making action buttons cannot normally extend beyond. Some of these parameters people find limiting, such as that magic 120 number.

120 is the number of "data slots" Blizzard saves on the server for your character to store the contents of the button. An action button operates around this principle fact.

Well, come WoW 2.0, Blizzard added some new button types (they were possible before, but were not uniform in implementation). One of those is a "macro" type button. The main difference for these buttons is how it tells the client what spell to cast.

Action button = "cast spell stored on the server in action slot #"

Macro button = "cast spell I have defined locally on the client using macro conditionals"

So, what this means, is since all data is stored locally, you can have an unlmited number of buttons, as long as you have the hard-drive space and computer memory to store/load them.

The 255 character limit in the Blizzard default UI is a limit imposed by Blizzard. For whatever reason, they want their macros limited to this size. However, the internal code that executes macros can actually handle macros of up to 1024 characters in size.

So, here comes Macaroon. All other bar addons, for the most part, rely on the action ID system. For some users, this is fine. Others want/need more. Macaroon aims to supply that need.

Currently, profiles are no more than saved layouts. I will be fleshing out the feature more so that characters can share layouts, a true profile system.

10-15-08, 09:46 AM   #71
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by rakkarage View Post
is there any way to hide the minimap button? thanks
Not yet! but there will be!

10-15-08, 11:35 AM   #72
Trellis
A Murloc Raider
Just switched to Macaroon after the patch, as Bartender4 was looking a bit dodgy... This is a great addon, and a big improvement over Bartender3 for me, as I am truly a macro addict. I don't climb on a mount, cast, or dance without some added macro functionality.

For everyone above who was interested in preserving their ability to alt-click a Macaroon button to self-cast (or self-bandage, or self-whatever), follow these steps once you have your bars all set up:

1) Type "/mac edit" to make all your buttons editable.
2) Make sure that the button you want to alt-self-cast is set as a "macro" - if it says "action" or "pet id", right click the button until it displays "macro".
3) Right click on the button: the "Macro Editor" will come up.
4) Give your macro a title if you haven't already. If you are casting a spell (I use Arcane Intellect in this example) that can be used on yourself or others, enter this macro in the box:

/cast [modifier:alt, target=player] Arcane Intellect; Arcane Intellect

If you are using an object (like first aid bandages) that can be used on yourself or others, use this macro:

/use [modifier:alt, target=player] Heavy Netherweave Bandage; Heavy Netherweave Bandage

Just use the name of your spell or object in place of "Arcane Intellect" and "Heavy "Netherweave Bandage" above.

4) Type "/mac edit" again to toggle button editing off.

And voila! It's as simple as that. You will just have to go through all of your buttons that can target yourself or others and make this change.

10-15-08, 12:08 PM   #73
FANCIUS
A Kobold Labourer
Question

Hi, i have 3 questions about macaroon

How can i delete a created Bar ... supr dont works, any option ?

How can i change Anchor in xp/rep ?

How can i create a stance bar ... stance bar is NOT an option in menu of bars (paged, pet, stealth,...) .... to create a stance bar for a druid maybe i need to create a custom bar ?

Pls keep the good work and resolve this questions in faq

10-15-08, 12:32 PM   #74
pwolfe
A Murloc Raider
ok I figured out how to drag buttons onto my newly created bars. I had to manually create a macro by right clicking in the button to do so. After that I could drag from my spellbook into that bar and all subsequant bars.

Now I have an issue that I do not know if it is even implemented yet. Is there a way I can edit the macros I have dragged from spell b. to buttons in order to make them right click self cast?

Maul your mod is amazing, I havent had this much control or fun since blizz killed the original flexbar. I went through all of BC hating my bars. I think this'll put me back on track

Last edited by pwolfe : 10-15-08 at 12:35 PM.

10-15-08, 01:04 PM   #75
Dragonsblaze
The Shadows Beckon...

Premium Member
Um O_O...

I put mac in my addons, mac extras aswell... but uh... the default blizz UI still shows up D:

I'm confused -.-

10-15-08, 01:25 PM   #76
pwolfe
A Murloc Raider
there's an option in the main /mac menu that disables or enables the default bar

10-15-08, 02:07 PM   #77
Dragonsblaze
The Shadows Beckon...

Premium Member
Yeah, found that.

Me and my stupidity.

THIS MOD IS AWESOME.

10-15-08, 05:16 PM   #78
brontes
A Murloc Raider
Oof, okay, it took me about 30 minutes to try to register, find out I was already registered, get my password, reset it, and get to this point. (The register captcha image refused to load forever.) Server getting crushed ftl.

Okay, I'm a druid and as such have a jillion bars.

Just so I'm clear before I spend an hour setting things up the wrong way:

- If I want one "main" bar for all stances, I need to set the attributes (button number, spacing, key binding) the same for each "stance."
- I can't use the "Caster" buttons for Travel Form, Swift Flight, etc. If I want to use actions in those forms, I have to put a button on the box and manually bind it for it to pop me out of form. If I want to move something from box 1 to box 4, I have to move it in every non-"combat" stance?

This seems incredibly cumbersome in terms of setup.

10-15-08, 05:38 PM   #79
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

@FANCIUS - /mac delete to delete a bar. Not sure what you mean by change the anchor What language client are you using? The "Stance" option should show up, but I can check the language files to make sure.

@pwolfe - Enter button edit mode (/mac edit or alt-click minimap button) then right-click on a button to edit its macro.

@brontes - No, each stance can have an independent number of buttons and key bindings. They spacing would be the same though. To lock keybindings on a button, while in binding edit mode, left-click a button until it says "locked"

The second question is one of Macaroon still being in a beta state. I am working on a means to define what I call bar transitions, which is what you want. Making it so while in travel form caster form shows. It is not in yet, but will be.

Last edited by Maul : 10-15-08 at 06:45 PM.

10-15-08, 06:35 PM   #80
marketfresh
A Murloc Raider
im back again, and yes, im quite unfamiliar with this mod, i was a user of bongos for a long time... however upon initial use i like the flexibility of this mod much more. I do however seem to have run into a problem. possessions.... so I was running kara last night and all was well and good super ez mode, then we got to chess, i take the king and BAM i've got nothing. So i look, i had forgot to set my primary bar, which in this case is Bar 2 (because i messed up and deleted bar 1), to a posses state. I did so immediately, reloadui, and it reset to the posses state, but with nothing on it (i had already set it to 12 buttons).

so i'm back in kara today trying to get this working so that when i get to gorefiend tommorow im not stuck with no buttons to kill constructs! as such my question/s is: DOES the posses state automatically fill with what it should or do I have to create buttons for all posses states? is there something im missing in a configuration elsewhere that enables these buttons to be available? any help would be REALLY greatly appreciated!

EDIT: oh and also, the keybindings that are on that bar normally are not on it in the posses state, whats with this?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!