A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
RatingBuster replacment

As the title states. Any suggestions.
10-16-10, 02:34 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Patience. Rating Buster is being worked on from the looks of it. I'm sure when Whitetooth has something stable, it'll be pushed to Curse/WowI.
10-16-10, 02:39 PM   #3
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Patience. Rating Buster is being worked on from the looks of it. I'm sure when Whitetooth has something stable, it'll be pushed to Curse/WowI.
Thanks!

Yea I was just looking for something to use for now, I have been using ratingbuster for way to long to abandon it altogether.
10-16-10, 03:55 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
For now, you can deal with the default comparisons (hold down Shift).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-16-10, 03:59 PM   #5
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Slash Cry

=P
10-16-10, 04:02 PM   #6
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Rating Buster is loading up and working for me, is that your problem? It not turning on? Or are you looking for all the new talents and everything?
10-16-10, 05:36 PM   #7
Dawn
A Molten Giant

I recommend trying out Ratings.

It's a stripped of Rating Buster. It also contains no "bloat" (aka options, libraries, ...), works fine for me.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

10-18-10, 07:34 PM   #8
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

If you absolutely need RB then grab the beta version off wow ace :

http://www.wowace.com/addons/rating-...iles/923-r287/

This is a beta version tho so if and when whitetooth pusheds out a release version up date to the release version
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
10-18-10, 07:40 PM   #9
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
It's a stripped of Rating Buster. It also contains no "bloat" (aka options, libraries, ...), works fine for me.
It's not really bloat par se.

The extra libraries come from Ace 3 so if you have any other addons that use Ace 3 they will share resources. Or if an addon has already loaded Ace 3 it won't reload those libraries.

As for having lots of options *shrug* config the addon like you will and you won't have to see those options again. And they don't take up memory until you call them up.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
10-18-10, 08:28 PM   #10
Dawn
A Molten Giant

I wasn't referring to memory or such things, just to "what it does". Percent value conversions are done with Ratings just fine - that's the most important thing, at least to me.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

10-18-10, 09:32 PM   #11
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I wasn't referring to memory or such things, just to "what it does". Percent value conversions are done with Ratings just fine - that's the most important thing, at least to me.
Yea just keep in mind that the guy doing most the legwork getting us all those nice formulas that other addons can use ...
(for years and at least 2 expansions and countless patches)
http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t29453-c..._85_cataclysm/
... is Rating Buster author.
And that's is the reason RB is the "go to" mod for stat conversions for users and addon authors alike.

When he's done other mods will be as good, but that's the engine driving this train for a looong time.

Last edited by Dridzt : 10-18-10 at 09:45 PM.
10-18-10, 11:13 PM   #12
Tithulta
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Yea just keep in mind that the guy doing most the legwork getting us all those nice formulas that other addons can use ...
(for years and at least 2 expansions and countless patches)
http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t29453-c..._85_cataclysm/
... is Rating Buster author.
And that's is the reason RB is the "go to" mod for stat conversions for users and addon authors alike.

When he's done other mods will be as good, but that's the engine driving this train for a looong time.

We need a "Like" button

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » RatingBuster replacment