11-21-12, 10:07 AM   #1
warbaby
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Another version of Carbonite for MoP

Download here: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info21905.html

This is my version of Carbonite. I've been working on it since the last days of the Cataclysm, and made very many fixes and improvements. Also thanks rythal, some fix are from his great work.

My brief job is to make Carbonite usable for Chinese players, and provides it with an AddonPack named "NetEaseUI". The above version is made particularly for English client, but it should work on any clients because there's no need to localize map names any more.

I hope my work would help a little for the final completion of this wonderful addon.

Here is the list of the major modifications (I do not speak English, maybe you need to guess what I'm saying
- change some data structure, reduce the relations of the datas.
- seperate questdb to CarboniteQuestData and make it load-on-demand.
- adjust the pandaria's map position and map hot spots.
- minimap integration no long needs a reload.
- add some Guide categories and datas, Battle Pet Trainers, Monk Trainers, skill trainers in Pandaria, zone connections and portals and so on (except MailBox, as no data on wowhead).
- add QuestGivers in Pandaria, which are from QuestHubber DB (which is from wowhead). Also remove the unavailable quests data.
- add GatherNodes of Pandaria to CarboniteNodes, which are from GatherMate2
- make better use of Blizzard Quest API for new quests that don't have objective data.
- support all instances map and micro dungeon map.

There are many more minor changes. You may try it by yourself.

The main job left is to create the quest db. But even wowhead's data is not quite precise. And I don't have time in the near future. Hope rythal or other hero would work it out for us ...

Last edited by warbaby : 11-21-12 at 05:11 PM. Reason: removed d/l link per site rules

11-21-12, 10:21 AM   #2
warbaby
A Murloc Raider
For those who interest in quest data, I've post a comment at rythal's site.

http://rythal.com/forums/topic/state-5-04-09/#post-245

(The function names are before Carbonite going open source)

The main difficulty is to map wowhead object to object order in game, and to transfer the dot point to facet (area with height and width). I'm rather hopeless for these two tasks.

11-21-12, 10:39 AM   #3
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
If you have an algorithm to process the quest data from Carbonite, I will try to take the pieces that Grail does not have and integrate them into Grail as a loadable addon. I just need to know how to parse the Carbonite quest data.

11-21-12, 12:13 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I apologize warbaby. While I appreciate the time and effort you have put into fixing up your version of Carbonite, I had to remove your download link.

This is the relevant rule from the site rules:
8. Please do not post outside links for addons, unless they are located on trusted sites such as Curse, wowace, googlecode, etc. It's so easy to just host it here - if you would like to offer it to someone else, just upload it. Any link like www.thisrandomserver-1211.net/thisnewaddon.zip will be removed.
On a side note, you probably should rename the version of the addon that you are uploading, since Rythal has taken over the official Carbonite distribution. This way, users will not be confused.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-21-12, 03:32 PM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I am very interested in viewing some of the changes you've made, and possibly including some of them into the real carbonite. If you can send the link to me either by email or PM I would greatly appreciate it.

11-21-12, 04:39 PM   #6
warbaby
A Murloc Raider
Oh, I apologize, but rythal first put the addon on his site before he take over the official project, so i thought there would be some exception...

I own some original projects on curse, but never any modified ones. And I'm not going to maintain this version. It is somewhat a one-time job. (There is always an update site for Chinese version)

I just feel i must share it to make it better, hopefully.

I understood the rules and I will message rythal the link. But is there any means for more people to try it before rythal takes some changes into official version?

Thanks.

11-21-12, 04:55 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You could upload it as an optional file to the main Carbonite download, if you like. That will place it in our Plug-Ins download category, and you can make note that the version won't be supported.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ite.html#other (either link on that page will work)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-21-12, 05:00 PM   #8
warbaby
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nimhfree View Post
If you have an algorithm to process the quest data from Carbonite, I will try to take the pieces that Grail does not have and integrate them into Grail as a loadable addon. I just need to know how to parse the Carbonite quest data.
The data format is described in the above link. If there is any confusion because of my poor English, feel free to ask questions...

I wonder how the original team generates the quest db. The most important algorithm is to merge nearby point into an area.

And I found that in WTF/<Account>/Carbonite.lua, there are captured quest data like "
["NXCap"] = {
["Q"] = {
[24535] = "0(StartNPC)#e100^4a7d5a04d0~(EndNPC)#e100^7d5a04cf~~7d50c4f2~7d5074f2",

This contains most needed information, but still the objective point are "dots", need to be merge in to facets.

11-21-12, 05:11 PM   #9
warbaby
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
You could upload it as an optional file to the main Carbonite download, if you like. That will place it in our Plug-Ins download category, and you can make note that the version won't be supported.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ite.html#other (either link on that page will work)
Thanks very much, it's waiting approval http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info21905.html

11-21-12, 05:45 PM   #10
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by warbaby View Post
The data format is described in the above link. If there is any confusion because of my poor English, feel free to ask questions...

I wonder how the original team generates the quest db. The most important algorithm is to merge nearby point into an area.

And I found that in WTF/<Account>/Carbonite.lua, there are captured quest data like "
["NXCap"] = {
["Q"] = {
[24535] = "0(StartNPC)#e100^4a7d5a04d0~(EndNPC)#e100^7d5a04cf~~7d50c4f2~7d5074f2",

This contains most needed information, but still the objective point are "dots", need to be merge in to facets.
as far as I know it was all datamined out of WoW's dbc files using third party programs they wrote themselves, the same way most wow news sites get information.

11-22-12, 03:06 AM   #11
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just leaving here that Routes has code for merging nearby POIs.
Might want to look there for inspiration how to handle the task.

11-23-12, 01:55 AM   #12
Deepphrozen
A Defias Bandit
this is funny, rythal does not allow another developer to offer his addon, when he did the same once.
maybe his carbonite works, because yours, my friend rythal, sucks since MOP and it looks as you are not skilled enough to fix it and make it run as before you overtook the development.
instead of blocking other developers you maybe should work with them together to get carbonite where it was before, the best addon ever. At the moment carbonite has become ****, it is not possible to use it with MOP, sends you to wrong places, missing quests etc.
but keep feeling as the king, master developer of carbonite, continue resting on carbonites fame and before you realize, nobody will give a damn **** about it.

11-23-12, 02:29 AM   #13
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Deepphrozen View Post
this is funny, rythal does not allow another developer to offer his addon, when he did the same once.
maybe his carbonite works, because yours, my friend rythal, sucks since MOP and it looks as you are not skilled enough to fix it and make it run as before you overtook the development.
instead of blocking other developers you maybe should work with them together to get carbonite where it was before, the best addon ever. At the moment carbonite has become ****, it is not possible to use it with MOP, sends you to wrong places, missing quests etc.
but keep feeling as the king, master developer of carbonite, continue resting on carbonites fame and before you realize, nobody will give a damn **** about it.
Could you, please, tell us exactly where Rythal say's that no one else can offer an addon for download that is based on Carbonite?

I, for one, would like to know. Also, please be kind enough to actually provide a link to that statement.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

11-23-12, 07:27 AM   #14
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

Do you realise you have just made yourself look like a total ass? Read the quote below and tell me again that Rythal has some kind of god complex...

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I am very interested in viewing some of the changes you've made, and possibly including some of them into the real carbonite. If you can send the link to me either by email or PM I would greatly appreciate it.
No-one has said Warbaby can't make their own version of Carb. The only thing I can think of that you could be getting confused with is WoWI has stopped outside links, which is understandable as they check all files for malicious content (well I hope they do).

Last edited by JimJoBlue : 11-23-12 at 07:33 AM.

11-23-12, 09:26 AM   #15
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I think this thread needs more ninjas. And more pirates. And ninjas fighting pirates. Yeah, more ninjas fighting pirates! Rawr!

11-23-12, 10:41 AM   #16
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Bah... It needs more vikings, everything is better with a viking

11-23-12, 11:10 AM   #17
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
I think this thread needs more ninjas. And more pirates. And ninjas fighting pirates. Yeah, more ninjas fighting pirates! Rawr!

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Bah... It needs more vikings, everything is better with a viking
So funny... So So funny!!!

11-23-12, 03:30 PM   #18
technomike
A Murloc Raider
Trololololo......

No, really, shut up and make your own addon to your standards, that's why Carbonite is GPL now.

11-23-12, 06:52 PM   #19
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

you forgot zombies!

back to the topic of that rant, i use Carb for questing in Pandaria, and while it isn't perfect, it brings me to the general vicinity for quest objectives. keep up the good work, can't wait to see this diamond shine again

11-23-12, 08:54 PM   #20
Magicalhats27
A Fallenroot Satyr

Whats to lose.

If it can perform Carbonites broken feature then Ill try out.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Another version of Carbonite for MoP