03-17-13, 02:38 PM   #1
IndyNimm
A Defias Bandit
Battleground problems..

I'm getting a really strange Carbonite error. I'm normally getting 40-80fps on my Druid. Depending on what I'm doing, and where I am. But when I try to PVP, if the map is Arathi Basin, Warsong Gulch, or Eye of the Storm, my framerate drops to a constant 10-12fps. This pretty much makes the bg unplayable. If I turn Carbonite off, my framerate is in the mid 80s. What's really weird is that this is only happening on my Druid, and only in those three battlegrounds. I've tried resetting my UI. I've turned off my Punk target window, as well as the chat notifications. I noticed that when I would /reload, it would run fine for about a second, but as soon as the Carbonite graphic window popped up, it would mess up again. So I disabled that as well, and still no go. I also -sometimes- get a similar drop in framerate in the Tol'Vir arena. That seems to happen on any toon I take in there, though as I said, it's only sometimes. So.. anyone have any ideas? Because I'm fresh out. I've been a Carbonite user since late BC, at this point my entire UI is built around it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all, =D

03-24-13, 05:15 PM   #2
Realyze
A Murloc Raider
Hi,

I am getting this problems on my laptop and desktop PC as well.
Before the BG starts, everything is fine.

As soon as the BG starts, my laptop is having some lags in about every 2 seconds (fps lags) .. when I hide the map, this stops immediately.

It seems that carbonite is tracking something on the map during BGs, but I did not find the option to stop this (tried everything in the menus)

So the only option to play in battlegrounds with carbonite enable is to close the map permanently..

Any Idea Rythal? Version 5.106 using. Other map addons don't have any problems with BGs

03-28-13, 01:39 PM   #3
IndyNimm
A Defias Bandit
Actually after playing for a few days with Carbonite turned off, and hating trying to do a new set of dailies without it.. I turned it back on. Suddenly everything is working fine in the battlegrounds. I'm guessing the problem must have been on Blizzard's end, seeing as I didn't change any of my Carbonite settings. Realyze hope yours starts working again as well!

03-29-13, 06:43 AM   #4
Realyze
A Murloc Raider
Hey!

I tried the latest live version as well as the latest "alpha" version.. having the same problem (but not in every BG!)

Hoping that this will be solved soon..

04-10-13, 10:10 AM   #5
Squishery
A Murloc Raider
Yes on Battle Ground problems.

As of Tuesday April 9th 2013, there are still recurring problems in Battle Grounds. I am using the latest stable release.

In battle grounds, I am getting the Blizz pop-up that says "xxxxx Add-on is causing multiple errors and could be affecting game performance"

I dont remember if it specifically names Carbonite or not but since I only use 3 add-ons ("Combo Point Redux", and "Add on Control Panel"), its pretty safe to assume that Carbonite is causing the errors... especially considering that other users are having the same issues.

The blizz pop up gives me the option to disable add ons or ignore the errors. I usually choose ignore. Sometimes I disable, and then re-enable after the BG is finished.

I havent monitored system performance during BGs, so I cant comment there. I am usually too focused on winning to be thinking about FPS, or ms of lag :>
I can only say that during the heavier melees the system does slow somewhat. Otherwise performance seems generally acceptable. If I werent getting the Blizz pop up warning, I would probably not know there was a problem.

However I am getting the Blizz warnings, so something is amiss.

Thanks for the great and useful add-on, and I hope this information helps Carbonite to become even better :>
Best

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Battleground problems..