12-21-06, 04:41 AM   #21
koleraLS
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Sounds great... especially the edit mode for the frames and buffs.

I'd like to know though to what extent we'll be able to modify the appearance of the praid bars without having to tinker with the code?

We could change texture, so I guess that'll stay, but what about:

bar lenght? Height? name position?

In pre 2.0 I really liked the appearance of the praid that Oxman had modified to that the names appeared in the bar rather that beside it, since screen real estate saving is one of my goal.

Anyway, I'd also want to express my most sincere thanks for the awesome work you do for us, it really is appreciated!

Last edited by koleraLS : 12-21-06 at 04:45 AM.

12-21-06, 09:41 AM   #22
da_hool
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the hard work!

I'd like to be able to change the Alpha for out of range people, and perhaps an OOR text tag option tool. As a healer that PVP's, the ability to do this is gold!

Also, one thing I liked about about CTRaid window was the ability to toggle the view between actual (in frame) debuff or buff icons. 4 icons should be enough to keep things compact. The ability to add priorities to buffs/debuffs, and also to customize/add different buffs/debuffs.

Thx!

Last edited by da_hool : 12-21-06 at 12:04 PM.

12-21-06, 09:52 AM   #23
katana
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by da_hool
I'd like to be able to toggle the Alpha for out of range people, and perhaps an OOR text tag option tool. As a healer that PVP's, the ability to do this is gold!
That is actually a good idea.

Also, one thing I liked about about CTRaid window was the ability to toggle the view between actual (in frame) debuff or buff icons. 4 icons should be enough to keep things compact. The ability to add priorities to buffs/debuffs, and also to customize/add different buffs/debuffs.
From what I've raid in Cladhaire's initial post, this is already part of the plans.

12-21-06, 10:59 AM   #24
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tassels
With the recent 2.0 changes, I discovered Healbot (Continued) and found it as a good alternative to PerfectRaid while we anxiously awaited a release. One of the amazing features I found in Healbot is it will show you when other healers are casting heals on a player. It does this by adding a bar onto the player's current health with a more transparent alpha. The amount is approximated by the type of heal it is. It will also display the players health numerically as if he has already been healed by other players heals.
I like this idea, but I'm not sure it'll be in the initial release.

Originally Posted by Lichbane
One request: Could you have the option to put the group number displayed next to the name again? This'll be handy of you have the raid organised by class, but need to know what group someone is in.
I don't have plans to do this right now, no.. but I'm not decided.

Originally Posted by Decius
Two things that I would love to see:
- The option to specify how many letters of a name are shown. The names were always the thing taking up a lot of space in Praid 1.0, even with the shortened option. Since I usually raid with the same people I don't really need to see more than 4-5 letters of the name (and thanks to Grid I'm used to it anyway).
- The option to hide the frame completely on a scriptcommand. I usually specify one macro to show Praid class-sorted and one group-sorted. But what I missed in Praid 1.0 (or maybe I never found it) was the option to show/hide Praid completely on command.
The first is possible, but not sure where i'll head with it.
The second will be available by binding, but not in combat.

Originally Posted by koleraLS
I'd like to know though to what extent we'll be able to modify the appearance of the praid bars without having to tinker with the code?

We could change texture, so I guess that'll stay, but what about:
bar lenght? Height? name position?
In pre 2.0 I really liked the appearance of the praid that Oxman had modified to that the names appeared in the bar rather that beside it, since screen real estate saving is one of my goal.
I don't know, to be honest. There's a lot that still needs to be determined.

I'd like to be able to toggle the Alpha for out of range people, and perhaps an OOR text tag option tool. As a healer that PVP's, the ability to do this is gold!

Why do you want to be able to toggle the range checking feature? Wouldn't you want it to always be on?

You can change the option if you'd like to turn it off.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

12-21-06, 12:05 PM   #25
da_hool
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
Why do you want to be able to toggle the range checking feature? Wouldn't you want it to always be on?

You can change the option if you'd like to turn it off.
Ooops! My bad, I didn't mean toggle, but rather the ability to adjust the alpha.

12-22-06, 07:06 PM   #26
sNaKeEe
A Murloc Raider
Where's the Alpha- or Beta-Version :P??

12-22-06, 08:34 PM   #27
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Its in private beta. Don't ask, because it won't get you added. =)
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

12-22-06, 09:07 PM   #28
Killariel
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Will there be any plans to add MT targets to this mod or perhaps create a type of plugin down the road for Praid that does MTtargets?

Really looking forward to seeing 2.0, sounds like you've put a ton of hard work into it...

Cheers,

12-23-06, 12:00 PM   #29
Delena
A Cyclonian

Will Praid be released in this century ?

12-23-06, 12:14 PM   #30
anjldust
A Murloc Raider
That's pretty rude. Take it easy. He raids with PerfectRaid as well, so he's got as much incentive as we do to want to see it again. It's not like he gets paid for doing this, except for the occasional generous person who donates. You'll get to see PerfectRaid again, but patience is a virtue and so is being nice to those who are bringing you addons you enjoy.

12-23-06, 02:11 PM   #31
Doonga
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Delena
Will Praid be released in this century ?
It'll be released when he's ready and if you don't particularly like it, go write your own.

12-23-06, 02:21 PM   #32
Chlloe
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Doonga
It'll be released when he's ready and if you don't particularly like it, go write your own.

Could not have said it better.

Cladhaire has given us the best raid addon on the net, you should be thankful..

12-23-06, 04:40 PM   #33
Delena
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Chlloe
Could not have said it better.

Cladhaire has given us the best raid addon on the net, you should be thankful..
I'm thankful, but the mod was already developed, and there was also a TBC version, has been written with using the ace tools, that make the porting much easier, can't be so hard a port, to wait so much.

However I have already a mod very similar.

Last edited by Delena : 12-23-06 at 04:43 PM.

12-23-06, 04:42 PM   #34
Catharr
A Murloc Raider
Pretty much the usual consumer attitude which is kinda common in WoW.
- Raid not happening due to low attendence or whatever ? Canīt those lazy raid-/guildleaders just summon a few healbots or recruit some people (doesnīt matter who as long as they can help me getting my fat loot) so we can raid because i need item xy so badly ?
- Canīt those lazy addon coders just stop working, playing, eating and sleeping so they can finish their addons ?
- I pay 10 Euros (replace with xy bucks or whatever you pay for WoW) so i have the right to demand all of the above !1!elf!1!

PRaid 2.0 will be there when itīs there, donīt forget addons coders have a life too (especially when its around christmas or something) and what clad said so far about the features of the new version....itīs well worth the wait anyway since it isnīt just a "port to 2.0" version.

P.S.: Cladhaire already told the PRaid 2.0 is not going to use Ace anymore...so much for the "hey its ace 2 canīt be that hard to port" theory....besides that itīs not just a a port.

Last edited by Catharr : 12-23-06 at 04:45 PM.

12-23-06, 04:44 PM   #35
Delena
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Catharr
Pretty much the usual consumer attitude which is kinda common in WoW.
- Raid not happening due to low attendence or whatever ? Canīt those lazy raid-/guildleaders just summon a few healbots or recruit some people (doesnīt matter who as long as they can help me getting my fat loot) so we can raid because i need item xy so badly ?
- Canīt those lazy addon coders just stop working, playing, eating and sleeping so they can finish their addons ?
- I pay 10 Euros (replace with xy bucks or whatever you pay for WoW) so i have the right to demand all of the above !1!elf!1!

PRaid 2.0 will be there when itīs there, donīt forget addons coders have a life too (especially when its around christmas or something) and what clad said so far about the features of the new version....itīs well worth the wait anyway since it isnīt just a "port to 2.0" version.
Ok, but why in the while don't give us a simple port version that uses ace2? So won't take so much work.

Last edited by Delena : 12-23-06 at 04:50 PM.

12-23-06, 05:11 PM   #36
Catharr
A Murloc Raider
Ok, but why in the while don't give us a simple port version that uses ace2? So won't take so much work.
Let me put it this way....itīs his addon...he can release whatever he wants when he wants to, heīs not getting paid by blizzard. I donīt know much about coding addons...but heīs probably got a reason for not doing a "simple conversion" but a full rewrite of his addon. For now...just use Grid or something .

12-23-06, 05:34 PM   #37
Delena
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Catharr
Let me put it this way....itīs his addon...he can release whatever he wants when he wants to, heīs not getting paid by blizzard. I donīt know much about coding addons...but heīs probably got a reason for not doing a "simple conversion" but a full rewrite of his addon. For now...just use Grid or something .
ok, I'm sorry, I have been a bit sarcastic

12-23-06, 09:08 PM   #38
minitaz
A Kobold Labourer
Seriously, no mod writers owns any WoW players anything. Most does mods without asking for donations and at their own time. There should be no pressure whatsoever on the writers to "port" or to 'make it happen for you', just cause you can't raid/pvp/play without their mods.

Furthermore, its Christmas season.

12-24-06, 12:04 AM   #39
putrix
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
Its in private beta. Don't ask, because it won't get you added. =)
You should take a page from Blizzard's book and skip that pesky testing phase.

12-24-06, 01:18 AM   #40
Decius
A Defias Bandit
I'm thankful, but the mod was already developed, and there was also a TBC version, has been written with using the ace tools, that make the porting much easier, can't be so hard a port, to wait so much.
It is no port, it is a redevelopment. Cladhaire used Ace before it became cool. And even dropped it before.

However I have already a mod very similar.
Well, then you shouldn't have a problem in the meantime, should you?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion