12-24-06, 12:07 PM   #41
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Delena
Will Praid be released in this century ?
Originally Posted by Delena
I'm thankful, but the mod was already developed, and there was also a TBC version, has been written with using the ace tools, that make the porting much easier, can't be so hard a port, to wait so much. However I have already a mod very similar.
First, I'll reiterate everything that's already been said. You don't know me, and I don't owe you anything. Your obvious lack of understand about the way addon development works is not helping your case. Ace2 does not HELP something get converted quicker.. it has absolutely nothing to do with anything. There has never been a BC version of PerfectRaid, and there won't be until I'm done.

Originally Posted by Catharr
Pretty much the usual consumer attitude which is kinda common in WoW.
- Raid not happening due to low attendence or whatever ? Canīt those lazy raid-/guildleaders just summon a few healbots or recruit some people (doesnīt matter who as long as they can help me getting my fat loot) so we can raid because i need item xy so badly ?
- Canīt those lazy addon coders just stop working, playing, eating and sleeping so they can finish their addons ?
- I pay 10 Euros (replace with xy bucks or whatever you pay for WoW) so i have the right to demand all of the above !1!elf!1!

PRaid 2.0 will be there when itīs there, donīt forget addons coders have a life too (especially when its around christmas or something) and what clad said so far about the features of the new version....itīs well worth the wait anyway since it isnīt just a "port to 2.0" version.

P.S.: Cladhaire already told the PRaid 2.0 is not going to use Ace anymore...so much for the "hey its ace 2 canīt be that hard to port" theory....besides that itīs not just a a port.
Again, Ace has absolutely nothing to do with the swift adoption. I am coding PerfectRaid from the ground up, because, conceptually, it cannot just be "ported". It has to be compeltely redesigned.

PerfectfRaid will be finished when its done. it will be "released" before BC, as long as nothing intense comes up in my life.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

12-25-06, 11:13 PM   #42
FTY
A Murloc Raider
I've got a plea for perfect raid. I posted it on the google groups, but I'll do it here again because it's a bit of major issue for me and players alike me.

Could it be possible for you to implement the option to color the classes by yourself. For example a mage is blue by default and a druid is orange. But since the latest patch Blizzard make shamans turquoise as opposed to pink they were before (think this is there because of the future paladins on the horde side).

However I can't distinguish the mage color and shaman color right now, unless the text is very big and even then it takes me quite some staring at it to notice the difference. This is a colorblindness issue, I was never able to distinguish certain shades of blue when put side by side, that's why I was named total colorblind since my first pre-school checkout after my mother complained alot, this was narrowed down to just not being able to distinguish certain blue/green colors. But enough of my medical history.

So I'm asking you if this would be possible, so I can change shamans to "red" for example or any other color, that doesn't make me suffer from my colorblindness. I don't want to make it feel very important, but would be very much appreciated, I know most of my guildies so in the end it's not that much major, but in the heat of battle I sometimes find myself watching for the wrong player because of this - e.g. shield mages, and I shield a shaman

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by FTY : 12-25-06 at 11:19 PM.

12-25-06, 11:15 PM   #43
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Again, i don't know it'll be made an option right away, but yes.. this makes sense to me.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

12-25-06, 11:20 PM   #44
FTY
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the fast reply, and thanks for considering this, very very lovely of you. Thank you once more.

12-26-06, 09:14 AM   #45
Artis-Medivh
A Kobold Labourer
Question: Do you have any plans on adding the display option of pets?

It is the time old problem of pet classes wanting heals on there bloody pets, and in the smaller runs like 10 mans where you might have an eclectic class mix where keeping a pet alive would be prudent...

I am not even sure this would fit in with the overall PerfectRaid layout but I thought I would throw it out here for possible consideration in a future release.

BC will bring new raid dynamics and am just wanting to adjust to that.

I have been using X-Perl Unit Frames while waiting for praid to be released - and while I am making the adjustment just fine, I do find myself jonezing for praid back.

Good mod, thanks again for making it public and your efforts to port it over to the 2.0 way of life in WOW.

12-26-06, 10:21 AM   #46
Fiask0
A Defias Bandit
I just wanna say, i can't wait for this to be released. So please make it fast

have you made any deadline or are you just takeing the time that is needed ?

12-26-06, 10:47 AM   #47
secutanudu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
zomg i need praid when will it be ready i need it?!?!?!?

He's working on it people, asking a million times won't make it come any faster. Just be patient

12-26-06, 11:18 AM   #48
Gorthok
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Fiask0
I just wanna say, i can't wait for this to be released. So please make it fast

have you made any deadline or are you just takeing the time that is needed ?
Wasn't it just Christmas and didn't you get enough candy in your stocking little Billy?

Here's a suggestion. Why don't you learn to code and write your own addOn if the need to have pretty colored windows to click on is so important to you? It would be great because then you could set deadlines for yourself, and if you were successful, which would be stretching it, mabeye, just mabeye you could have a horde of inconsiderate children like yourself spewing inane babble at you on message boards acting as though you didn't have a life of your own, which you clearly don't.

Here's the first tip I'll give you on your path coding. You'll need to learn to read. For example, Clad has said numerous times that Perfect Raid will be ready when it's ready, which will probably be before Burning Crusade. Had you possessed even remedial reading skills you would have discovered His/Her plethora of posts outlining this and you would not be posting utterly redundant questions in a thread that should be about offing suggestions to the author.

12-26-06, 11:20 AM   #49
Tsurani
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by secutanudu
zomg i need praid when will it be ready i need it?!?!?!?

He's working on it people, asking a million times won't make it come any faster. Just be patient
ya'l are lucky i am not the mod author of Praid, if i were him i wouldn't release it at all, that or just give it to the people that are NOT idiots and whiners. Just like Blizzard's PTR it's done when it's done.

12-26-06, 01:06 PM   #50
heavyhebrew
A Defias Bandit
Thank you Cladhaire for all your time and effort in making this addon up-to-date.
I hope your christmas was fun!

12-26-06, 01:09 PM   #51
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Happy Holidays everyone.

12-26-06, 02:21 PM   #52
Lichbane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

And to you too C.

12-27-06, 04:43 AM   #53
Fess
A Kobold Labourer

Happy holidays

12-27-06, 05:03 AM   #54
smurfy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I liked Perfect Raid 1x... what i hope to see is a ctraid replacement. the main problem is that i'm most of the time raidleader and i need ctra to announce raid warnings etc. what i hope is that PerfectRaid could replace CTRA completly, but support the /rs and /rw command to announce raidwarnings in ctra (also display them in a frame like ctra).

another good feature of ctra is the durability display.

i also like a main target / player target display.

i hope i could see this features in perfect raid. or is there another mod for ctra replacement.

bye smurfy

12-27-06, 05:27 AM   #55
Gungolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
Have a look at oRA2: http://www.wowace.com/wiki/ORA2

12-27-06, 05:33 AM   #56
docthis
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by smurfy
I liked Perfect Raid 1x... what i hope to see is a ctraid replacement. the main problem is that i'm most of the time raidleader and i need ctra to announce raid warnings etc. what i hope is that PerfectRaid could replace CTRA completly, but support the /rs and /rw command to announce raidwarnings in ctra (also display them in a frame like ctra).

another good feature of ctra is the durability display.

i also like a main target / player target display.

i hope i could see this features in perfect raid. or is there another mod for ctra replacement.

bye smurfy
CTRA provides the raid frames, CTRABossMods provides the warnings you mention.

If you want to fully replace CTRA/BossMods, then you need PerfectRaid for raid frames, oRA2 for raid queries (ie durability checks) and BigWigs for boss warnings.

12-27-06, 06:12 AM   #57
smurfy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ok, ora2 is the key thanks, i allready uses bigwigs and perfect raid. (pre 2.0) currently only using bigwigs and ctra

bye smurfy

12-27-06, 12:07 PM   #58
Stricker
A Murloc Raider
Can't wait for this release, I had a hard time finding suitable raid frames after the patch, so I've been using Grid as suggested, but I simply adored PerfectRaid, the minimalism and the functionality of it surpasses all other frames I've used. I guess it's just a matter of getting used to other frames, but it's hard enough to keep track of everything in a raid, so PerfectRaid was/and hopefully will be soon with me again.

Thank you for creating such a great addon, and I hope you'll be able to provide us with a beta soon!

PS: Clique also rules, thanks. :P

12-27-06, 04:22 PM   #59
Lichbane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Stricker
Can't wait for this release, I had a hard time finding suitable raid frames after the patch ...
I found it hard to get my head around Grid in the end. For simplistic layout I've gone with agUF's raid frames until PR2.0 comes out.

Waiting patiently. It's going to be goooood!

12-28-06, 10:03 AM   #60
Nahamnessa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Lichbane
I found it hard to get my head around Grid in the end. For simplistic layout I've gone with agUF's raid frames until PR2.0 comes out.

Waiting patiently. It's going to be goooood!
Indeed. My largest issue with Grid was that while it is able to display quite a lot of information, it's not as easy to use when you want to actually see what is going on...you know...that whole visual aspect of this game

ag_UF with raid frames set up like PerfectRaid work for now.

Sure, Perfect Raid will take up more retail space on the screen, but I find that to be far better than how the data is displayed with Grid. Inverse health bars on the entire raid makes it rather easy to see out of the corner of your eye who is taking damage has a HoT on them, debuffed, etc. Decursing with Grid is pretty easy, but it's just as easy with PerfectRaid and ag_UF.

Grid is pretty good though, but like all those posting here, it's not exactly what I want. I prefer the ability to use my peripheral vision when needed so I can enjoy the visual aspect of the game, be more aware of my surroundings to I don't get snapped up by some stray mob.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion