09-13-08, 09:38 AM   #1
Hhoky
A Fallenroot Satyr

Request for update?

I would like to request an update for Guild Alliance. This little addon is just what my guild/alliance guild are looking for, however I cant seem to get it to work at all. Both I and the other guild leader are stumped. I posted on the addon site, but thought I would try here as well.
We DL'd both the original and then the patch for the GA button (even though the original says its been updated more recently, the button was still bugged out)
We tried all kinds of messing with it, but we cant get anything to work, not even the ability to add people/guilds.
I have the bug report we both received and I tried looking over the LUA, since I have been able to find and fix simple errors before, but this one made my eyes hurt and for some reason I was overcome with a huge craving for cheese...-.-

Here are the errors we both got:
Original ~ Date: 2008-09-13 10:49:20
ID: 55
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
bad argument #1 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)
Debug:
[C]: ?
[C]: format()
[string "*:OnLoad"]:1:
[string "*:OnLoad"]:1

After Button Fix ~ Date: 2008-09-13 11:05:43
ID: 56
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: ..\AddOns\Guild_Alliance\Guild_Alliance.lua line 2159:
bad argument #1 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)
Debug:
[C]: ?
[C]: format()
Guild_Alliance\Guild_Alliance.lua:2159: GA_ScrollBar_Update()
Guild_Alliance\Guild_Alliance.lua:2141: Sort_GA_List()
Guild_Alliance\Guild_Alliance.lua:1593: GA_Update_All()
Guild_Alliance\Guild_Alliance.lua:1860: GA_RX_Guild_Data()
Guild_Alliance\Guild_Alliance.lua:858:
Guild_Alliance\Guild_Alliance.lua:671

I really like the look of this addon, and its DL site says this has the options we are looking for, as opposed to Guild2Guild such as we want to add a separate Guild alliance chat channel, while maintaining our individual guild chats, and the ability to see the roster of Alliance guilds.
So, if someone could look it over and at least let me know one way or the other I would be your forever friend. >.> Ill bring you cheese!
Thank you so much. ~Hhoky

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Request for update?