05-25-08, 07:01 AM   #1
demtar
A Murloc Raider

Hello...mass mail request

Hi
I have looked around on here and a few other similar sites but can not seem to find an ingame mail add on that lets you send the same message to various people that is current for the newest version or even 2.4. they all seem to allow you to send multiple attachments but not to multiple people.

if there is one, can some one post a link to that add on?
and if there is not, can one of you excellent add on authors make one?
05-25-08, 11:10 AM   #2
OrcanWonder
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by demtar View Post
Hi
I have looked around on here and a few other similar sites but can not seem to find an ingame mail add on that lets you send the same message to various people that is current for the newest version or even 2.4. they all seem to allow you to send multiple attachments but not to multiple people.

if there is one, can some one post a link to that add on?
and if there is not, can one of you excellent add on authors make one?

ZOMG, I don't want one of those, I can see the gold farmers spamming the mail boxes now!!!
05-25-08, 12:38 PM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I gotta agree with Orc... I hope there isn't a mod like that. It's too much of a temptation for exploitation.
05-25-08, 12:52 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
There have been addons that do this. Mail to your friends and/or guild list. Though I'm not sure there are any that still work.

edit: I think one was called Guild Mailing List or something like that... Could send to all members or only those of a certain rank...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-25-08, 01:24 PM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Even so, terrible enough the gold spammers hack accounts and use them to spam in game (Bliz made it impossible for them to spam using trial accounts).. even worse to have one of them on a hacked account mass mail an entire guild and friends list (that that toon belongs to).

I hate gold farmers
05-25-08, 09:31 PM   #6
demtar
A Murloc Raider

if it just did people in the guild, that would be fine as well
im not looking to spam the game word, but just send the same message to either all of my guild members or to all of my friends without having to type in all the names and the same message each tine
05-25-08, 10:22 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What I do is just copy/paste the message and use the game's built in auto-complete feature for the send field in the mailbox.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Hello...mass mail request