08-18-08, 11:28 PM   #1
bambam
A Defias Bandit
Neat and Clean

I am currently trying to clean up my UI, I mod heavily but i dont like the clutter I am a healer. suggestions of mods, settings and all that jazz from others would aid me greatly, and pictures if at all possible.

Thanks
One of those damn healers that you are always looking for
08-19-08, 07:04 AM   #2
Hhoky
A Fallenroot Satyr

HI
I have a healer as well, and yea *blush* Im a addonaholic.
Could you possibly post a screen shot of your UI atm, and maybe a few of the most visable addons you use, so me or others more knowledgable can see how we might be able to help?
I have a pretty clean and clutter free screen, but then I dont use a few of the heavy acreage addons ^.^
Thanks so much, have a good day!

08-19-08, 07:52 AM   #3
blackpandemic
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
One option I know I want to utilize more is to download Clique for raids/parties instead of Healbot. It lets you bind keys to raid/party frames (whether you use oUF, XPerl, Pitbull, Grid, anything) to cast spells instead of creating a whole new set of buttons to click.

My healer isn't 70 and doesn't raid though so not sure how viable a solution that is, just an option

I agree that a current screenshot could help determine what can be ditched. My recent UI switch cut my mod usage by about 2/3rds but I still have all the functionality I need.
08-19-08, 05:45 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Click casting is a great way to de-clutter things. Ive been using click casting on my priest since he was a mere lvl 15. He hit 70 2 days before TBC to give you a frame of reference.

I use it for everything from PvE to raiding and BG's. It takes a little getting used to if your big in to key binding. These days my UI's are pretty low key (takes up a dashboard style block at the bottom of the screen about 140 pixels high on a 1600x1280 res) this includes everything but raid frames. I have a total of 36 buttons visible and i could easily cut that down to 24 if i felt inclined.

Its just one of the many things out there that can help clear up space for more game view.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
08-19-08, 08:18 PM   #5
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have created a concept that you might be interested in, you might need to plave a few of the unconsidered elements (the Bag Bar or the Micro Menu, But these could be replaced with a Titan panel and some plug-ins along the bottom) All in all it would be a very tidy UI that im sure you would be happy with. Feel Free to create it, or message me and i can make it for you.

08-19-08, 09:42 PM   #6
bambam
A Defias Bandit
Yes I am currently at work but will have a post up for you guys to disect in a few hours. and yes I am huge into key bindings and have to keep a lot of buttons on my screen.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Neat and Clean