06-14-08, 10:01 PM   #1
Sherpaman
A Defias Bandit
Writers Needed

If you have intuitive World of Warcraft knowledge and some writing skills I am looking for you.

I am the senior editor for a WoW internet publication and I'm always looking for content.

I'm not here to advertise a site, I just wanted to get the word out that I am looking to fill some slots I have open for contributing writers.

Everything we do is in full compliance with Blizzard's ToS and EULA. I supply several web sites with good general (or even highly specific) content for them to post free for their readers.

I currently receive articles from eight other writers from around the world and would like to expand our team to at least 12 and maybe as high as 16 writers.

Pay is above industry standards for freelance ghostwriting - between 15-25 dollars per article of 500+ words.

Since this is a paid gig I can't just take every hack out there, you have to show some skill at composition as well as knowledge. You would also be responsible for coming up with your own topics and supplying screenshots for each one if you want to earn on the upper end of the scale.

Articles must contain accurate information and have a little research involved. I may not necessarily accept every article submitted, but if something falls short I always give feedback for how it can be fixed. I'm certainly not out to get rid of decent stuff, it just has to be decent work!

For the skeptical:

Spare me the flaming responses. If you don't think I'm for real then just go on your grumpy little way.

For the curious:

I can always put you in touch with some of my current staff writers if you need verification. Since I don't want to step on anyone's toes and advertise our main web site, I will give you the link to it if you respond to this post where you can see some examples of how we use the work our writers produce for us.

For the "I'll give it a shot" crowd:

I'll be happy to send you a complete run-down on request. We will include legal documentation and a contract. All you have to do after that is give me some examples of your work and I'll let you know if it is up to snuff.

If you have the skill and your work is acceptable you can write as many articles as you like with no limit. If you can do 10 original 500+ word articles a day you'll be paid for them, if all you can do is 5 a month then that's fine too. I don't deal with quotas, just end results.

If you're worried about us taking your stuff and using it without paying, you needn't bother. Most people don't write well enough to be worth printing on kleenex, so it's not worth stealing. If you're good enough to really do this I certainly want to stay on your good side and keep the articles coming.

Again, I will be more than happy to document everything we do. If it sounds interesting at all it could turn into a decent gig for you if you've got the skill. If it doesn't just roll your eyes and move on to the next thread. Please only respond for more information if you are really serious about possibly wanting to write. I don't have a ton of time for making dozens of back-and-forth responses to tire kickers.

For the aspiring writer and addicted forum posters out there, you just might love it. I would be happy to have you on the team if you've got the right stuff.

Sherpaman
06-14-08, 10:13 PM   #2
Hhoky
A Fallenroot Satyr

Ok, Ill bite.
Send me a little info and a link at my Pm here. Ill check it out and let you know.
I have done ghost writing in the past, but for a few magazines and a localized newspaper (way back in my AZ days) .
So drop me a line and I'll let you know. Good idea by the way, hope it pans out well for you.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Writers Needed