01-18-22, 12:25 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Microsoft is buying Activision Blizzard for $68.7B USD

Welcoming the Incredible Teams and Legendary Franchises of Activision Blizzard to Microsoft Gaming

Creators of Call of Duty, Warcraft, Candy Crush, Tony Hawk, Diablo, Overwatch, Spyro, Hearthstone, Guitar Hero, Crash Bandicoot, StarCraft and more join Team Xbox
As a team, we are on a mission to extend the joy and community of gaming to everyone on the planet. We all know that gaming is the most vibrant and dynamic form of entertainment worldwide and we’ve experienced the power of social connection and friendship that gaming makes possible.

As we pursue that mission, it is incredibly exciting to announce that Microsoft has agreed to acquire Activision Blizzard.

Over many decades, the studios and teams that make up Activision Blizzard have earned vast wellsprings of joy and respect from billions of people all over the world. We are incredibly excited to have the chance to work with the amazing, talented, dedicated people across Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, Beenox, Demonware, Digital Legends, High Moon Studios, Infinity Ward, King, Major League Gaming, Radical Entertainment, Raven Software, Sledgehammer Games, Toys for Bob, Treyarch and every team across Activision Blizzard.

Until this transaction closes, Activision Blizzard and Microsoft Gaming will continue to operate independently. Once the deal is complete, the Activision Blizzard business will report to me as CEO, Microsoft Gaming.

Upon close, we will offer as many Activision Blizzard games as we can within Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass, both new titles and games from Activision Blizzard’s incredible catalog. We also announced today that Game Pass now has more than 25 million subscribers. As always, we look forward to continuing to add more value and more great games to Game Pass.

The fantastic franchises across Activision Blizzard will also accelerate our plans for Cloud Gaming, allowing more people in more places around the world to participate in the Xbox community using phones, tablets, laptops and other devices you already own. Activision Blizzard games are enjoyed on a variety of platforms and we plan to continue to support those communities moving forward.

As a company, Microsoft is committed to our journey for inclusion in every aspect of gaming, among both employees and players. We deeply value individual studio cultures. We also believe that creative success and autonomy go hand-in-hand with treating every person with dignity and respect. We hold all teams, and all leaders, to this commitment. We’re looking forward to extending our culture of proactive inclusion to the great teams across Activision Blizzard.

Around the world, there is no more exciting venue for fun and connection than video games. And there has never been a better time to play than right now. As we extend the joy and community of gaming to everyone, we look forward to welcoming all of our friends at Activision Blizzard to Microsoft Gaming.
01-27-22, 05:56 PM   #2
Synsanken
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question

Once the deal is complete, the Activision Blizzard business will report to me as CEO, Microsoft Gaming.
So, this is copypasta or you're legit Phil Spencer? I'm assuming you are actually the CEO of MS, which is odd that they just purchasd Activation Blizzard and the CEO of Microsoft Games is an Admin at wowinterface.

Some clarification would be useful.

01-28-22, 10:20 AM   #3
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Cairenn is not employed by Microsoft. Click the banner image in her post, and it takes you to the post on Microsoft's website. All she did was copy and paste.
01-28-22, 05:04 PM   #4
Synsanken
A Murloc Raider
I see, thank you. That was a little confusing.
04-23-22, 04:46 PM   #5
David2702
A Murloc Raider
Though Microsoft could possibly provide an influx of monies to Blizzard, I am skeptical of Microsoft control.
07-20-22, 07:44 AM   #6
valkovalinen
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by David2702 View Post
Though Microsoft could possibly provide an influx of monies to Blizzard, I am skeptical of Microsoft control.
blizzard need removing from wow, its as simple as that. there are other developers out there who could do a far better job than blizzard. like bringing fresh ideas and such. the problem with world of warcraft is blizzard themselves, its been that obvious to so many people for more than a decade now, and why subs hemorrhaged year after year. Then Blizzard using chinese gaming numbers to pretend how well wow is doing is doing, when in retrospect the amount of realms they shut due to lack of players, the cross realm dungeon finder, which barely anyone wanted, was because of a lack of players, then the entire cross realm zoning, where players could play alongside other players on connected realms again due to a severe lack of players.

Making ridiculous decisions and turning your own subscribers against you, because you refuse to listen to your players and what they want, was a recipe for a massive sub bleed, and this happened. There have been no fresh ideas for such a long time, that right about now, I am more than happy anyone is buying blizzard out, the next step is to get different developers in to improve significantly this aging dying franchise.

As for bringing back the talent trees, they should have never have been removed in the first place, they just need improving. Trade skills have been a job since vanilla beta, in fact they couldn't be in a worse place than they are now.

The important thing is, this is the first step, to wow being fixed or improved a great deal, and if it isn't, well, there will be a lot more people leaving before they reach 20 years.
07-20-22, 07:36 AM   #7
valkovalinen
A Defias Bandit
it was about time someone bought blizzard out.
World of Warcraft as been awful for too many years now. It's obvious there was no direction, no leadership. The top rats of the ship jumped including the ceo and owner.

I just hope this breathes fresh life into the game. That being said if this actually does come off, the subscription model will be dumped pretty quickly, since Microsoft are not fans of it.

You just wonder what will happen to those foolish enough to buy 6 month subscriptions, whether they will get their refunds once this purchase of actiblizz goes through.

I have said for many years, blizz should sell wow or put themselves up for sale or try to encourage someone to buy them out. The game needs a kick up the bum in all honesty. In this day and age where subscription models are generally a thing of the past and yet blizz continue to bleed players dry month after month, year after year for the same old mindless grind.

I gave up on wow for a number of years, coming back occasionally within each new expansion, but nothing has really changed all that much, apart from a graphical update they should have honestly done years ago.

Rep grinding for flying seems like a thing of the past with the new expansion, quite why we needed to do anything other than pay for flying like we used to have to do, without all the other mindless stuff, which put a lot of people off, even caused some people to quit.

It just remains to be seen what microsoft have in store for this game, personally I think it's time for new developers to take over. 18 years this year and same old year after year. More dynamic content, making it casual friendly for those of us who work endless hours irl to just to make ends meet etc.

fingers crossed that this is what we need for massive improvements to this game.

I mean classic expansions wtf?
04-11-23, 09:09 PM   #8
internetking
A Defias Bandit
so since phil is admin here , does miro$oft owns mmoui as well???

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Microsoft is buying Activision Blizzard for $68.7B USD