08-11-06, 01:43 AM   #1
ckknight
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
FuBar 2.0

Hey all, ckknight here.

Just released FuBar 2.0 to WoWI.

FuBar-1.2 plugins will be supported through a compatibility package that will ship with FuBar-2.0. FuBar-1.0 plugins will not be supported.

FuBar-2.0 will not require Ace, as it will have Ace2 embedded. (Note: I am also a main author of Ace2)

FuBar-2.0 will not have as many included libraries, as it should be up to the plugins themselves to include them (e.g. Tablet-2.0).

FuBar-2.0 on SVN: http://svn.wowace.com/root/trunk/FuBar/
FuBar-1.2-compat on SVN: http://svn.wowace.com/root/trunk/FuBar-1.2-compat/
FuBarPlugin-2.0 on SVN: http://svn.wowace.com/root/trunk/FuBarPlugin-2.0/

FuBarPlugin-2.0 documentation: http://wiki.wowace.com/index.php/FuBarPlugin-2.0

Profile issues are fixed and work awesomely. Note: plugin profile switching only works if they use FuBarPlugin-2.0, FuBarPlugin-1.2's profiles will remain stagnant, except by manually changing them through /ace profile ...

The Ace community now has a unified bug tracker at http://www.wowace.com/flyspray/ . Feel free to use it to file bugs/feature requests for FuBar and other Ace addons. I do pay attention to it.

Also, if you ever want to contact me, I can be reached at #wowace on irc.freenode.net

Changelog from 1.2 to 2.0:
New structure, now uses Ace2 instead of Ace 1.3. (note: I co-authored Ace2 with the rest of the wowace team)
Many bugfixes.
Stability increases.
Possibility of more monkey-related happenings.
Removal of all unneeded libraries (these should be included in the addons proper).
FuBar 1.2 plugins are supported by a compatibility package now.
Optimizations.
08-11-06, 02:11 AM   #2
Kahoona
A Fallenroot Satyr
Keep up the good work ckk!
08-14-06, 09:43 AM   #3
Kosh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
One thing I've noticed as a first-time user of Fubar:

I downloaded the 2.0 package, and the "starter pack" to get started familiarizing myself with FuBar. I installed and fired up WOW, logged into my main toon (60 Shammy). I get the FuBar panels on the top and bottom (no other mods installed but the FuBar core and the "starter pack"). However, none of the plugins are showing.

Right-clicking on the panels gives me the menus, like I'm guessing is normal . But no options to show the various plugins. So, I back out and check the "ADDONS" area at the character selection screen.

All the plugins have dependecies missing. ACE and FuBar (Wha...? )

So, even though the FuBar 2.0 uses (and includes) Ace2, I have to have the old version of Ace (1.3.1) installed as well (which I just installed and it fixed the dependency issue)?? This seems nedlessly bloated, as the plugins were marked "FuBar 2.0" compatible.

[edit] And now, after installing Ace 1.3.1, the plugins just give an error and refuse to load.
Interface\AddOns\FuBar_BagFu\BagFU.lua:1:attempt to index global `CompostLib' (a nil value)

The chat box gives an error that each FuBar plugin has an error loading the LoadOnDemand plugin. [/edit]

Last edited by Kosh : 08-14-06 at 09:59 AM.
08-14-06, 12:50 PM   #4
avngr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Since you didn't mention it, make sure you've got the FuBar1.2-compat package installed as well. That starter pack has not been updated to 2.0 yet that I know of.

I think I know why you think it has, but it hasn't. The note at the top of a plug-in's page where it says "This is a FuBar 2.0 addon..." is sort of a quirk of this site and perhaps the author's choice of renaming vs. only version number updating. The author changed the title of FuBar to FuBar 2.0 but since all the old addons are linked as addons to that mod the site shows them as being an addon for <whatever the title is>. That happens to be "FuBar 2.0" at this point. That does make it confusing.

Also, the reason for the "needless bloat" is that the plug-ins (generally) have not yet made the leap to 2.0. You're entering the FuBar game during a transition period. Once more/most have been updated to be 2.0 plug-ins, that won't be the case. 2.0 was only released a few days ago.

Last edited by avngr : 08-14-06 at 12:53 PM.
08-14-06, 01:26 PM   #5
Kosh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
*nods* I've discovered that the "This addon is for FuBar 2.0" at the top of the pages is wrong and misleading. So, right now, I have FuBar 2.0 and VolumeFu 2.0 installed. Hoping to see more plugins converted to 2.0

However, new issue... LOL I'll do a search for it, then see what I can find.
08-14-06, 01:29 PM   #6
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Is the issue with skins resolved? I use futextures from the svn and I added my own skins to it, but when I use the menu to change skins I get errors.
08-16-06, 05:18 AM   #7
xabbott
A Murloc Raider
I also get Interface\AddOns\FuBar\FuBar_Panel.lua:110: AceOO-2.0: Improper self passed to init. You must do MyClass.super.prototype.init(self, ...)

I've messed with all kinds of varibles. And this is someone who goes to the svn to get different ace/ace2 mods.

Maybe this should have been put off until a starter pack was ready. >.<
08-24-06, 07:58 AM   #8
Krez
A Murloc Raider
Okay, I am a fubar noob.

I noticed an error that I get after I load.

Interface\FrameXML\MoneyFrame.lua:185
attempt to perform arithmetric on local
`money' (a nil value)

If I disable FuBar-compat-1.2 I do not get that error.
08-31-06, 11:44 PM   #9
jonathon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thumbs down Dual Screen Options?

Ok, i have a question. I run WoW on 2 screens, my chat logs and stuff on one side and the game screen on the other. What I was wondering is in its current confiuration the fubar panels go all the way across both screens. Is there a way to make it only go across 1 screen?

Just wondering as right now I can only put plug-ins on the right or left not in the middle due to the seperation of the screens is dead center.
09-11-06, 04:47 PM   #10
eladamri
A Murloc Raider
Weird text formatting

My Fubar tooltips are well.. um.. FUBAR

LOL.. sorry.. couldn't resist.

Anyways.. I've removed/reinstalled Fubar and all plugins including their associated files in the savedvariables folder and it still does it.

I'm using Fontabulous to change the system font to the x360 font. I've never had issues prior to updating Fubar2 to the latest release.

Attached are examples. This is happening on all fubar tooltips, not just one. (well.. any tooltip that has long text fields.)

The examples explain better than what I can.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » FuBar 2.0