07-17-10, 11:50 PM   #241
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by shuffle View Post
ya it's an error, just thought it funny when I loaded up wowi to update an addon and bam 4 billion :P
Although, ya know.... Neither of the browsers on my blackberry will load the beta addons page... Hmmmm I wonder

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
07-18-10, 12:05 AM   #242
Jiminizer
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by shuffle View Post
ya it's an error, just thought it funny when I loaded up wowi to update an addon and bam 4 billion :P
Looks like someone forgot to sign their int.

Of course, as a forum of coders, you all know that
07-18-10, 02:36 PM   #243
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The page wouldn't load on Chrome or Opera either, on my computer last night. I reported it to Dolby, and he fixed it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-19-10, 02:05 PM   #244
MysticalOS
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
any word from blizz now that it's monday?
07-19-10, 02:36 PM   #245
Lombra
A Molten Giant

I'm sure we'll be informed of any potential words.
07-19-10, 02:37 PM   #246
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by MysticalOS View Post
any word from blizz now that it's monday?
We haven't had any word yet, as soon as we do will let you guys know.
07-19-10, 02:38 PM   #247
Kaidian
A Theradrim Guardian

Lets hope they don't decide to send them another day again...
07-19-10, 02:47 PM   #248
MysticalOS
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Kaidian View Post
Lets hope they don't decide to send them another day again...
Agreed. I requested mine off curse though but both sites in same boat. WoWI just doesn't support contributing authors so i don't have an author tag here :\.
07-19-10, 02:56 PM   #249
tutti
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
By the way, in the case that they do deicde to put it off for another day, is there any chance we could get any information on how much longer it'll be before we should give up for the day? Being from the EU and given how large the US is I don't really know what time it is over there...
07-19-10, 02:57 PM   #250
Icecoldcoke
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by tutti View Post
By the way, in the case that they do deicde to put it off for another day, is there any chance we could get any information on how much longer it'll be before we should give up for the day? Being from the EU and given how large the US is I don't really know what time it is over there...
At the Blizzard HQ it is currently 1:57PM
07-19-10, 02:57 PM   #251
Kaidian
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by tutti View Post
-9 hrs for you tutts
07-19-10, 03:01 PM   #252
tutti
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Meh, a couple hours more until they go home then

I hope they'll have the keys out by then...
07-19-10, 03:03 PM   #253
Jiminizer
A Murloc Raider

Agreed. I requested mine off curse though but both sites in same boat. WoWI just doesn't support contributing authors so i don't have an author tag here :\.
Same here. It'd be nice to see WoWI give support to contributing authors, as I'm sure there's others like us that don't have our own projects, but are invaluable to some of those managed by others
07-19-10, 03:14 PM   #254
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Jiminizer View Post
Same here. It'd be nice to see WoWI give support to contributing authors, as I'm sure there's others like us that don't have our own projects, but are invaluable to some of those managed by others
I'm not sure if it's intended for contributing authors to not be listed as authors, but I would have to poke Dolby to find out.

None of the rules for keys are set in stone, we have made exceptions and you guys are welcome to send Cairenn or Dolby a message asking to get a key even if you are a contributing author. We're mostly trying to cut down on the abuse, and don't want people adding 50 contributing authors and getting multiple keys.
07-19-10, 03:22 PM   #255
Kuredo
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Shadowed View Post
I'm not sure if it's intended for contributing authors to not be listed as authors, but I would have to poke Dolby to find out.

None of the rules for keys are set in stone, we have made exceptions and you guys are welcome to send Cairenn or Dolby a message asking to get a key even if you are a contributing author. We're mostly trying to cut down on the abuse, and don't want people adding 50 contributing authors and getting multiple keys.
Most forums track IPs. Thus, if multiple accounts are coming from 1 IP, this could be an indication of such abusers. I can imagine that there would be special situations such as couples who program together or families with multiple programmers, but I wouldn't think that there would be many of these.

That being said, I have absolutely no idea how many active accounts we have on this site, so the time it would take to check each account's IP may not be worth it. Just an idea.
07-19-10, 03:23 PM   #256
MysticalOS
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

it's more of a shortcoming of site in general. addon projects only let you have one author, the project maintainer, you can't really add contributers and it's been that way since before the give away. At present 4 actual coders work on DBM, localizers not even included in that, but on here we can only have 1 author on it. It's why nitram and tandanu set admin so one is on wrath mods and one is on BC mods so they both had author tags.

but i could see how it could be abused now. Makes me wonder what curse is doing about that actually since atm curse still lets you add whoever whenever to your projects. i suppose that's why they are throttling it by addon popularity/points now.

Last edited by MysticalOS : 07-19-10 at 03:28 PM.
07-19-10, 04:19 PM   #257
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
it's more of a shortcoming of site in general. addon projects only let you have one author, the project maintainer, you can't really add contributers and it's been that way since before the give away. At present 4 actual coders work on DBM, localizers not even included in that, but on here we can only have 1 author on it. It's why nitram and tandanu set admin so one is on wrath mods and one is on BC mods so they both had author tags.

but i could see how it could be abused now. Makes me wonder what curse is doing about that actually since atm curse still lets you add whoever whenever to your projects. i suppose that's why they are throttling it by addon popularity/points now.
Contributors are supposed to be tagged as an author, but it's not been coded yet. Unless you also meant author as in being able to push releases?
07-19-10, 04:44 PM   #258
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I think they are talking about people helping authors without being accredited outside of comments in forums or addon pages.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
07-19-10, 05:04 PM   #259
MysticalOS
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Shadowed View Post
Contributors are supposed to be tagged as an author, but it's not been coded yet. Unless you also meant author as in being able to push releases?
not really worried about pushing releases. Being labeled with that poop colored brown when responding to file comments so someone can see help is coming from one of addon authors, not just some random dude. Addon author tag on name when posting in other forums. etc..

Edit. Looks like there some basic stuff now i had someon recheck you can be added to projects now in team management. the UI just doesn't really recognize it in your posts yet is all.

Last edited by MysticalOS : 07-19-10 at 06:02 PM.
07-19-10, 05:40 PM   #260
Krevlorn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I have this awful feeling keys are going to be delayed again...

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Massive AddOn Author Cataclysm Beta Key Give-Away!