06-17-09, 01:46 AM   #1
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addon that shows what Equipment Manager sets a piece of gear is part of

I need to make this quick as I have tons of work to do and I have someone coming in to relive me who always turns up early

I'd like to find an addon that just puts on the tooltip the set or sets a piece of gear is for.

I have addons that work with the built in Blizzard Gear/Equipment manager. I would one that would do one thing and do it really well - show me for a piece of gear what set I've saved it to. Often times I've gotten new gear and I need to sit down and figure out what set it's part of.

I realise this will all be dependent on something being in the API that you can call to say "this set consists of these pieces" with idk item codes for the equipment. If it's this then it's a matter of getting the item code for a peice of gear i'm pointing to and just doing a pattern match.

If there is such an addon that exists please let me know.

PS Seerah I'ld like you to weigh on this as well as well as possibly a few other tooltip addon authors.

If not just answer wheter it's possible to do so without too much processing
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
06-17-09, 05:39 AM   #2
Vranx
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...tails/isc.aspx
06-17-09, 05:47 AM   #3
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Wow nice one Vranx.

Does one job and one job well (from what I could tell). Under 30 lines of code too

PS Might want to add it to your site under :

http://www.vranx.com/equipman.htm#equipman

sil'vous plais
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
06-17-09, 06:21 AM   #4
Katae
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Oops, guess there's an addon for it. That'll teach me for not researching . In any case, here's what I had written up:
Code:
--[[ sets line in tooltip ]]
local otips = {}
for _, tip in pairs({ GameTooltip, ItemRefTooltip, ShoppingTooltip1, ShoppingTooltip2 }) do
	otips[tip] = tip:GetScript("OnTooltipSetItem")
	tip:SetScript("OnTooltipSetItem", function(tip, ...)
		local first = true
		local _, link = tip:GetItem()
		if link then
			local setslist, sets = "|cffffd700Sets:|r ", GetNumEquipmentSets()
			for s = 1, sets do
				local setname = GetEquipmentSetInfo(s)
				local items = GetEquipmentSetItemIDs(setname)
				for i = 1, #items do
					local id = tonumber(link:match("item:(%d+):"))
					if id == items[i] then
						setslist = setslist..(not first and ", " or "")..setname
						first = false
					end
				end
			end
			if not first then tip:AddLine(setslist,1,1,1) end
		end
		if otips[tip] then return otips[tip](tip, ...) end
	end)
end
06-18-09, 04:03 PM   #5
Wikwocket
A Theradrim Guardian
Thanks for the great links and code to do this!

For a related feature, I wonder if anyone has written a mod that handles the case where you try to equip a set but a piece or two are missing (in your bank, or recently upgraded etc). Perhaps a mod could color-code the missing items red in the equipment manager tooltip?

Just wondering if anyone had seen a mod that did this!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addon that shows what Equipment Manager sets a piece of gear is part of