02-08-07, 05:54 PM   #21
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hehe, you don't need my permission to use whatever add-ons you want. It's your computer.

02-08-07, 06:05 PM   #22
kermitus
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Thanks, and yeah I know its my computer. Just wanted to make sure I respected the creators wish's is all.

Kermit

02-08-07, 06:20 PM   #23
TigerHeart
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by kermitus
Well I think you are right, I went ahead and removed AH and just installed Auctioneer and its dependancys. It works fine, but goes from 42 MB's to 50 MB's but other than that it seems to work ok... my intent is not to change your Interface but its nice haveing auctioneer. So if its ok with you Mazzle I would like to use auctioneer with your interface.

Let me know,

Thanks,
Kermit

Here's an interesting one for you kermitus, it goes up 8mb just from installing it . About 3 or 4 months from now when you finally get a 'comprehensive' AH listing for a good deal of items in the game, do not be surprised when it is up around 90mb or more. Every time you do a scan, it saves each and every item it finds. Over time you store up a *LOT* of items. I guess the question here you must ask yourself, is this: Is doubling or tripling my UI memory, and thus decreasing my overall performance actually worth just having an AH price in the unlikely event a guildy asks me "How much is this worth?" or in the even less likely event I get an item and ask myself the same thing? Also, keep in mind, Auctioneer, while nice for a baseline, never can compete with actually looking items up on your own .

This is coming from a long time Auctioneer fan. I used to have that on my *required* list. I've found out over time though, that it's really not as good as it may seem at first. Try playing without it for awhile, soon, you won't even miss it .

-TigerHeart

02-08-07, 07:42 PM   #24
kermitus
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TigerHeart

Here's an interesting one for you kermitus, it goes up 8mb just from installing it . About 3 or 4 months from now when you finally get a 'comprehensive' AH listing for a good deal of items in the game, do not be surprised when it is up around 90mb or more. Every time you do a scan, it saves each and every item it finds. Over time you store up a *LOT* of items. I guess the question here you must ask yourself, is this: Is doubling or tripling my UI memory, and thus decreasing my overall performance actually worth just having an AH price in the unlikely event a guildy asks me "How much is this worth?" or in the even less likely event I get an item and ask myself the same thing? Also, keep in mind, Auctioneer, while nice for a baseline, never can compete with actually looking items up on your own .

This is coming from a long time Auctioneer fan. I used to have that on my *required* list. I've found out over time though, that it's really not as good as it may seem at first. Try playing without it for awhile, soon, you won't even miss it .

-TigerHeart
Thanks for the info, i didn't even think about the long run... it will take up alot of add-on memory. I only use it to price my items that I sell... with most items I don't worry about makeing a profit, however auctioneer prices things the way I like them. So if I can find an alternative just for that reason I would ditch Auctioneer pretty quick. I have MANY WoW books too look up items and such, so its not for that...

If anyone knows of a good add-on that will keep track of prices and suggest a price when I auction an item, and thats it. Please let me know, I would much rather use something like that. Then I can run daily scans for prices and just clear the data at the end of the day. That way I don't have a build up of too much data in the long run.

Thanks TigerHeart,
Kermit

02-08-07, 07:43 PM   #25
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by joypunk
Hmm, this is a bug. I have a feeling this is related to a recent change that made Monkey Buddy a "load on demand" addon.

Please create a post about it in the Bug Reports thread (click here). Be sure to provide everything Mazzle asks for in the first post.

Thanks!
I will, thank you. I was wondering if the Load on Demand caused it. I guess I was just wondering if there was a way to get rid of the minimap button in the settings that I didn't see.

As for Auctioneer- I, too, once had it on my MUST HAVES list, but ditched it and several others when my memory usage would freeze my game as it reached its limit of 130MB. Yep, that's right. Had it all the way up to 130.

I switched to KCItems after that, and have decided to re-add it into MazzleUI. I will update it myself when one is released if Mazzle doesn't add it in. I don't remember the specifics of why it was removed, can anyone enlighten me? I did have a couple tooltip issues with it before switching to MazzleUI, but I never narrowed it down to whether KCItems was causing it or something else. I haven't had any issues with it yet with MazzleUI, but it's just been since last night.

02-08-07, 07:59 PM   #26
TigerHeart
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
If anyone knows of a good add-on that will keep track of prices and suggest a price when I auction an item, and thats it. Please let me know, I would much rather use something like that. Then I can run daily scans for prices and just clear the data at the end of the day. That way I don't have a build up of too much data in the long run.

Here's the problem: Prices change day to day, and the item you are listing may not always even be on the AH on any particular day, therefore for a 'good' estimate, you need at a minimum a months worth of data to 'calculate' a good price. In addition, there's no way to simply determine exactly what to track. Because of this, the only way to get a 'decent' guess that's even within a few hundred to thousand gold of an 'average', is to collect such data for every item on the auction house. There's no definitive guide to say "if such and such drops, it will be worth this much to you on your server."

If you were to clear it out every day, it would actually be roughly the same as, if you get an item to sell, shift-click it with the AH window open, and click search. There is a mod in MazzleUI to auto-paste the items name into the search box if you do this. Why is it worse then that? Well, because if you did your scan at the beginning of the day, the item may not be up then... in addition you are using megs upon megs of memory, in the off chance you possibly get a drop that is listed on the AH already. At least when you do a shift-click search, it shows you what is on the auction house *now*. If nothing is listed, then my best recommendation is to look on allakhazam to get a base of whether the item is worth a lot or not. Generally they are more comprehensive then you could ever be with nothing but a simple mod . Their scans go across all servers, thus show a better baseline. It may not be 100% accurate, nothing ever will be, but at least it gives you the best possible guestimate you can get. Just always remember: Auctioneer, as well as *any* 'price tracker' that averages prices in any way can and will be cheated. To give an example I read about somewhere:

Lets say you have an item worth 10g, and you happen to have half a dozen of them. You place them on the auction house for 1000g each for a month. Now, your auctioneer is going to pick up this price, and raise it's bottom line from the 10g price to say, 500g, especially as it always sees them up at that price. After the month is over, they place it on there for 300g. You have one, and you place it for 200g thinking it'll sell, but in reality? Nobody would *ever* pay more then 10g for that item. You just wasted your gold listing it, and if you list it more then once, you lose even more!

Looking at the other half of it... if you use that nice feature in auctioneer to find 'good deals', you will see this item listed at 300g that's worth 500g, and perhaps even buy it. You list it up for say, 400g, and again, nobody is going to buy it at that price... you just got screwed out of 300g!

This is one reason I stopped using Auctioneer. The prices were very rarely accurate, and even when they were, the price of using it was extremely high... this is true of *any* mod like it, simply because of the massive amount of information it must keep track of at all times. I highly recommend against using a mod to track prices, aside from perhaps vendor prices.

-TigerHeart

02-08-07, 08:43 PM   #27
kermitus
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up cool

WOW TigerHeart you really did your homework. I will take your word for it. I don't want to track prices for a month and make a bunch of mistakes. Although it was a lazys mans tool, I know beacuse I am lazy

Moveing on...

I have this box thats on my UI when I load, there is a screenshot attached so you can see what I am talking about. I was woundering what add-on managed this? when I use something in that box, like prospecting or something the box just goes away, how do i get it back? This has puzzled me for quite some time now..

SUGGESTION - Identify this box

Thanks,
Kermit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sswhatsthis.jpg
Views:	958
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1046  

02-08-07, 08:56 PM   #28
mfrnka
Premium Member
It's the context menu mentioned in the FAQ. You can set your options to not have it show when you first log in. By default, it's bound to shift-mouse4 and there's a hotspot for it.

02-08-07, 08:58 PM   #29
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by kermitus
WOW TigerHeart you really did your homework. I will take your word for it. I don't want to track prices for a month and make a bunch of mistakes. Although it was a lazys mans tool, I know beacuse I am lazy

Moveing on...

I have this box thats on my UI when I load, there is a screenshot attached so you can see what I am talking about. I was woundering what add-on managed this? when I use something in that box, like prospecting or something the box just goes away, how do i get it back? This has puzzled me for quite some time now..

SUGGESTION - Identify this box

Thanks,
Kermit
That question is answered in the FAQ. Also, this post isn't meant to be snarky, it's just a reminder to folks that for all of the hard work that Mazzle has put into this UI, the only thing he/she has asked from us is that we read the documentation that accompanied it.

02-08-07, 10:29 PM   #30
Lethalweapon
A Cyclonian
Mazzle Posted
Do whatever works for you.

It sounds like you're making a pitch for zhunter. I'm not clear what it does. It looks like you're just replacing the buttons that are there with another set of nearly identical buttons. I'd be a lot more specific, if I were you.
To be specific, the keybindings for the hunter were not updated. Zhunter compiles into ztrack, ztraps, zaspect, zpet, and some other nifty things. You can scale them and set to mouse over or show always, I figured why bother messing with bongos creating new bars when I can DL zhunter with all the keybindings updated and take the shots/melee attackes and put them on the other side. IMO: works out better heh less work as I see it but thats just an opinion.. Now back to the game.

02-09-07, 01:34 AM   #31
kermitus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Arkive
That question is answered in the FAQ. Also, this post isn't meant to be snarky, it's just a reminder to folks that for all of the hard work that Mazzle has put into this UI, the only thing he/she has asked from us is that we read the documentation that accompanied it.
right on thanks for the reminder, I did read the faq, maybe I just did not understand that part. Thanks though,

wow Mazzle talk about loyal followers, you got it good!

Kermit

02-09-07, 09:10 AM   #32
Plubb
A Murloc Raider
Magnify option.... ??

Ok... first off.... WOW Nice interface... Love it.... Everything you could ever want with 2 exceptions.... Auctioneer, and a Magnify option...Perhaps it could be done as a mouse over on the Discord frames? or hotkey or something? The writing is rather small, for us that have poor eyesight and tends to tire out eyes easy....I havent found an option to scale the whole interface perhaps even 10%? Other than that..... man..... NICE WORK!!!

02-09-07, 11:58 AM   #33
cycu
A Murloc Raider
warlock

I have 1 suggestion maybe beter addon for lock wil be necrosis this addon have few good options for example when you gain "Nightfall" then you hear voise when target cant be feared you see icon and few more

Sorry for my english :P

02-09-07, 01:11 PM   #34
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

cycu, there's a small mod called 'TNE_Nightfall' that will play a sound and provide a nice visual notice when you have nightfall or gain a shoulshard -- it compliments shardace nicely.

02-09-07, 03:38 PM   #35
MacDude
A Murloc Raider
Try adding it...

Originally Posted by cycu
I have 1 suggestion maybe beter addon for lock wil be necrosis this addon have few good options for example when you gain "Nightfall" then you hear voise when target cant be feared you see icon and few more

Try adding it. I added Cryolysis for my mage and it fit quite nicely in the dock (after a nudged a bar...)

02-09-07, 03:38 PM   #36
Alaerio
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
personally i replaced baggins with the very nice TBag as i feel it has more features and is easier to manage, just have to make sure to turn off your "open all bags when at vendor/mail" in the mazzleui general options

so i think including would be cool and hasn't caused any issues for me yet

also TrainerFu I find an invaluable resource for levelling tradeskills away from the trainer
Andrewicus - 60 Human Priest - Nazjatar
Belgarath - 60 Human Mage - Nazjatar
Ördög - 30ish Blood Elf Paladin - Exodar
Nainen - 20ish Blood Elf Priest - Exodar

02-09-07, 04:20 PM   #37
Grizelda
A Murloc Raider

I have a few ideas for addons you could include. Caveat: I don't know if these addons are lean 'n' mean or memory hogs. I'm judging only on what they do, so please do let me know if I've suggested something you've already considered but discarded for memory reasons.

May I suggest Fizzwidget's Feed-o-Matic as a replacement to the KingOfTheJungle hunter addon? It's true that they both do basically the same thing, but the main reason I like the Feed-o-Matic better is that it features the option of an audible warning when your pet gets hungry. I'll admit, I got very used to hearing the sound of my boar squealing to signal it was hungry...and I let my poor kitty on my other hunter go hungry a few times last night because I didn't notice the little food icon pop up. It also features an "auto feed" button that's very convenient...I had it mapped to my comma key, so anytime I heard the warning, I'd just hit the key and go on my merry way with a happy pet.

[EDIT] I just saw from the warnings MazzleUI gives that apparently it used to be part of the compilation, but isn't anymore. If I disable KotJ and enable Feed-o-Matic, am I going to have an addon conflict?[/EDIT]

As a brand-new addition to the collection, I heartily endorse FishingBuddy. It has such great features for folks who like to fish! You can set up a fishing outfit and switch to the fishing outfit at the click of a button. It can automatically apply a lure to your line if you have one. When you switch, it can also automatically adjust your sound settings so that the bobber splash is greatly amplified (and other sounds are muted down). It keeps track of how many of each type of fish you catch in each location. The author claims to have fixed autocast again, though I hadn't gotten it to work before switching over to your compilation. It displays your fishing skill level and fish you catch in each fishing session on the left side of the screen .

(I'll be adding FishingBuddy back to my addons anyway, my first non-Mazzle addon to go back in, but it'd be nice if it was part of the collection )

Thanks again for a great addon compilation!

Last edited by Grizelda : 02-09-07 at 04:42 PM.

02-09-07, 05:15 PM   #38
Tempestas
A Murloc Raider
add-ons

Suggestions:

1) At lleast considder adding ElkBuffBAR as there have been many compliants about being able to read the time left on the buffs and I like to graphically see the length left. (Buffs/debuffs listed on the side of the screen with bars that graphically represent how much longer they have left.) More obtrusive, but important for me as a class (druid) with multiple buffs and decurses.

2) SpeedFu - Although last time I checked, this addon had not been updated recently; it works perfectly even in outland. Very nice to notice at a glance that I am not moving at full speed in travel form/mounted due to wearing the wrong items. You might look at adding this.

02-09-07, 07:20 PM   #39
Vint
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Grizelda

[EDIT] I just saw from the warnings MazzleUI gives that apparently it used to be part of the compilation, but isn't anymore. If I disable KotJ and enable Feed-o-Matic, am I going to have an addon conflict?[/EDIT]
Currently, yes. FOM was removed because of a conflict with Rating Buster. It'd cause errors and you wouldn't see the "X loves this food" type tooltip information. The Rating Buster author says he's reviewed the FOM code, and is pointing the finger at Fizzwidget. I haven't seen anything on the Fizzwidget site about it, and the most recent update to FOM did not address it.

02-09-07, 07:25 PM   #40
Durzil
A Scalebane Royal Guard

cycu is offline Report Bad Post
Originally Posted by VincentSDSH
cycu, there's a small mod called 'TNE_Nightfall' that will play a sound and provide a nice visual notice when you have nightfall or gain a shoulshard -- it compliments shardace nicely.
Instabolt is what I use and can be found here on this site http://www.wowinterface.com/download...InstaBolt.html

As far as necrosis goes we use to use it but shard ace its much more memory efficent and doens't have the large bulky interface so mazz went with shardace, if you want necrosis your welcome to install it, but shardace with instantbolt installed gets the job done, takes up less space and is more memory efficent so I'd recomend that route.
Give Locks Green Fire!!!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Add-On and Settings Suggestions OLD