03-23-10, 08:00 AM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
WoW Patch 3.3.3, 23 March 2010

Of immediate interest for our community:

User Interface
  • All Alert pop-ups now have new and fresh Alert icons.
  • Auction House
    • If the Auction House on a realm is unavailable for any reason, an alert will pop up informing players who attempt to access it.
    • Players can now Right-Click to place an item in the Auction frame.
    • Entire stacks of a specific item type can be placed in the Auction frame and several options have been added for choosing how to list auctions.
      • Stack Size: If a stack of items has been added to the Auction frame, players can select the size of the stack they wish to sell. If an invalid stack size is entered (i.e. a stack of 21 Saronite Ore), the Create Auction button will be grayed out.
      • Number of Stacks: In addition to selecting the size of a stack, players can select how many stacks of an item they wish to sell (i.e. if a player has a total of 43 Saronite Ore in the Auction frame, they can choose to list 2 stacks of 20, 4 stacks of 10, 8 stacks of 5, 43 stacks of 1, etc. If the number and amount of stacks listed results in a remainder, the left-over items will be placed back in the player's bags automatically).
      • Stack Size and Number of Stacks are linked mathematically so that altering the variables of one may automatically calculate the amount of the other (i.e. if a player puts 20 in the Stack Size field and 43 Saronite Ore are in the Auction frame, the Number of Stacks field will change to 2 by default. If a player only wishes to sell one stack of 20 Saronite Ore, the Number of Stacks field can be manually changed to 1).
      • Price: Players can now choose to input the price of an item Per Stack or Per Item by selecting either option from a pull-down. If Per Item is selected and a player is selling a stack of that item, the Auction House will multiply the selected Per Item price by the amount of that item in the stack. If Per Stack is selected, the player can enter the total price he or she wishes to charge for each stack of that item being listed.
      • Auction Post Completion Bar: If multiple items or stacks of items are being listed at once by a player, a Posting completion bar will appear showing the total progress of each individual auction being listed once the Create Auction button is selected. The greater the number of individual listings being made in a single press of the Create Auction button, the longer this process will take. Players can still browse the Auction House while the Posting completion bar is in progress, but moving around will interrupt the progress, similar to moving while attempting to create multiple bandages with First Aid. Just as with creating bandages, auctions that were completed prior to the character moving or otherwise canceling the action will successfully be listed.
  • Dungeon Finder
    • The Deserter debuff given to players who leave a dungeon prematurely when queuing via the Random Dungeon option has been increased to 30 minutes, up from 15 minutes. The cooldown for using the Random Dungeon option remains 15 minutes.
    • The Random Dungeon cooldown is no longer displayed as a debuff. Instead, players will see the cooldown time remaining displayed in the Dungeon Finder window when Random Dungeon or Random Heroic Dungeon is selected from the pull-down.
    • If a player in your party has the Deserter debuff, or is on cooldown from the Random Dungeon option, his or her character name will be displayed in the Dungeon Finder window listed as "On Cooldown," preventing the group from queuing.
    • Anyone in a dungeon party can now re-queue their group for a dungeon, as players will still be prompted whether or not to accept their chosen role.
    • Players who use the Vote Kick option will now be prompted to provide a reason for kicking a party member. This reason will be presented to everyone in the party except for the person voted to be kicked.
    • When joining as a group, more generous level requirements will be used instead of Random Dungeon level requirements so that players of different levels joining together will be eligible for a greater number of dungeons.
    • Parties randomly created via the Dungeon Finder will always be arranged in the party interface from top to bottom in the following order: tank, healer, damage, damage, damage.
    • If a random party is created via the Dungeon Finder and a player cannot roll Need on an item, a reason will now be provided.
  • Authenticator Frame: If a player has a Battle.net Authenticator attached to his or her account and selects Remember Account Name at the login screen, the next time that player logs into World of Warcraft, a field to input the Authenticator code will be displayed below the password field.
  • The World Map will now provide an option to display different levels of a multi-layered dungeon, zone, or city (i.e. players can view the map of the Dalaran Sewers without having to be in that location).
  • Quest Tracking Feature
    • The Quest Tracking Objectives Frame can now be widened via the Interface Options menu.
    • The short description for a tracked quest is now displayed on the Map in the quest pane.
    • Quest items in a player's inventory which begin quests now each have an exclamation point overlaid on their icons to make them more easily identifiable.
    • If a players selects Track Low Level Quests, the quest objectives will no longer appear dim on the Map, nor will the exclamation points appear dim over NPC heads or on the Mini-Map.
    • Objectives Frame
      • The Objectives Frame will now list the number of quests displayed at the top. In addition, players can now click on the word "Objectives" at the top of the Objectives Frame for a list of sorting and filtering options which will determine how quests are ordered. Any quests or achievements filtered or sorted out of the Objectives Frame are still being tracked and are simply hidden in this frame.
        • Sorting
        • Sort by most difficult quests.
        • Sort by least difficult quests.
        • Sort by quests closest in proximity to the player (this will automatically update as players travel around).
        • Manual sorting: This allows players to Right-Click on each quest name in the Objectives Frame and determine in what order they should be placed.
      • Filtering
        • Toggle achievement tracking.
        • Toggle completed quest tracking.
        • Toggle tracking quest objectives in other zones.
      • Players can now Shift + Click on a quest objective or check the Track Quest box on the Map to track a quest in the Objectives Frame.
  • For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI & Macros forum.
Full patch notes can always be read here.
03-23-10, 10:28 AM   #2
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Full patch notes can always be readhere.
/SNAP

*eats rest of patch notes*

I r hungry !
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
03-24-10, 06:10 AM   #3
Bluspacecow

Erm serious question time.

Is the Addon Survival Guide being updated for 3.3.3 ?

There's a couple of addons broken in the patch. I haven't personally been able to confirm it as I can't log on at present.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

Last edited by Bluspacecow : 03-24-10 at 06:19 AM.
03-24-10, 06:16 AM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
We don't normally do it for incremental patches, no.
03-24-10, 09:01 PM   #5
Dweessies
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Bluspacecow View Post
Erm serious question time.

Is the Addon Survival Guide being updated for 3.3.3 ?

There's a couple of addons broken in the patch. I haven't personally been able to confirm it as I can't log on at present.
I've had some really odd behavior, addons that work fine on lower level toons, zoning in and out of instances, logging in, nothing wrong at all. But log in with the exact same addons to a lvl 80 in Dalaran, and if you didn't flush dns, it locks at the end of the load screen with a full blue bar. If you flush dns, and sign in, you get lots of lag in Dalaran (like normal), but as soon as I try to zone into a random heroic, I get the load screen lockup again, with oddly enough the background music of Dalaran never going away.

I know Blizzard is pointing at addons being the issue, but I'm not convinced given that those same addons work just fine if I don't start from Dalaran. I suppose we'll have to debug this patch for Blizzard since they don't seem willing to help.

I'd really appreciate anyone who finds an addon issue letting us all know in some way here. Just don't use the Blizzard forums or suggest to a Blue poster on their forums that this is in fact their issue. They aren't into listening to their customers and will just 24hour ban you.
03-24-10, 09:41 PM   #6
Bluspacecow

Originally Posted by Dweessies View Post
I've had some really odd behavior, addons that work fine on lower level toons, zoning in and out of instances, logging in, nothing wrong at all. But log in with the exact same addons to a lvl 80 in Dalaran, and if you didn't flush dns, it locks at the end of the load screen with a full blue bar. If you flush dns, and sign in, you get lots of lag in Dalaran (like normal), but as soon as I try to zone into a random heroic, I get the load screen lockup again, with oddly enough the background music of Dalaran never going away.
This is a bug in the patch that several Blues have confirmed is a bug that they are working on along with several other bugs.

They have also said they are working on a bug fix patch to be out within the next few days.

There's a range of fixes including deleting all the Blizzard folders in your addons folder that I've seen both in the Tech support forums as well as the Mac tech support forums.
[/quote]

I'd really appreciate anyone who finds an addon issue letting us all know in some way here. Just don't use the Blizzard forums or suggest to a Blue poster on their forums that this is in fact their issue. They aren't into listening to their customers and will just 24hour ban you.
Not sure where you go the 24 hour ban thing from. I've been scanning the CS forums , TS forums and Mac TS forums since this patch went out and I have not found anyone being banned simply by posting a bug report. Not without due cause - being a disruptive jerk is against the code of conduct for the forums I believe.

Yes some of it is their issue but given they have no control over what addons a customer has installed the first step in the diagnostic process is to turn these all off.

I have however seen plenty a thread where a blue has taken someones feedback about how to fix certain patch issues or about a particular bug and they have thanked them for it.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » WoW Patch 3.3.3, 23 March 2010