10-14-09, 04:57 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Download Clean-Up

It's that time again. I'm on one of my periodic download area clean-ups. The first step I took was to merge the Ace subcategories into the regular Stand-alone categories. Ie: if something used to be in the Ace: Buffs download category, it is now in the Stand-Alone: Buffs download category instead. I'll also be going through all categories and moving anything that is extremely old into the Outdated category over the next little while. Nothing has been or will be deleted though, so if you can't find something where you used to see it, check the other categories as outlined above.

Last edited by Dolby : 10-15-09 at 01:58 PM.
10-14-09, 07:46 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Also, if you notice that one of your addons has been moved to a certain category, but you would prefer that it were in another, either reply to this thread or send any of us staff a PM with a link to your addon and the category you wish it to be moved to.

The same goes for any of your addons that you wish to be moved to outdated, or just outright deleted.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-15-09, 05:49 AM   #3
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm probably going to get shot fo rthis but ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqSY-shauos
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
10-15-09, 06:04 AM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin

Last edited by Cairenn : 10-15-09 at 06:17 AM.
10-15-09, 08:55 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Don't run away from your feelings!
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-15-09, 02:58 PM   #6
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
It's that time again. I'm on one of my periodic download area clean-ups. The first step I took was to merge the Ace subcategories into the regular Stand-alone categories. Ie: if something used to be in the Ace: Buffs download category, it is now in the Stand-Alone: Buffs download category instead. I'll also be going through all categories and moving anything that is extremely old into the Outdated category over the next little while. Nothing has been or will be deleted though, so if you can't find something where you used to see it, check the other categories as outlined above.
But but but!!! How'm I gonna download Mazzleui a thousand times and then complain because it doesn't work anymore?!?

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
10-15-09, 02:59 PM   #7
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Very carefully.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
10-15-09, 03:05 PM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
But but but!!! How'm I gonna download Mazzleui a thousand times and then complain because it doesn't work anymore?!?
10-15-09, 07:20 PM   #9
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post

I am resisting the urge to take this. Such conflict, such fear, such anger... it can only lead to..

I won't give in to the dark side. Well, at least not right now.
10-15-09, 07:28 PM   #10
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Oh, you know you want to, although if you're gonna steal fighting smilies, this is a much better one:

*adores that one*
10-15-09, 07:45 PM   #11
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Haha, I just spent the past 5 minutes watching that smilee. I haven't done a drive by smile robbery in quite some time, I guess I'm about due.
10-15-09, 07:49 PM   #12
Bluspacecow

Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
YHOR !

*wheez* *click* *wheez*

I AM YOUR FATHER !

*wheez* *click* *wheez*

SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS YOU KNOW ITS TRUE !

Sorry couldn't resist. That's enough off topic posts for now right ?
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
10-15-09, 09:52 PM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
right.

10-15-09, 10:58 PM   #14
Bluspacecow

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
right.
Yep. For a post on the front page we really should have more professional and on topic comments.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

On topic : if we believe a link has gone astray due to this clean up do we message Caireen or Dobhy or just raise a ticket somewhere ?
10-15-09, 11:06 PM   #15
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
ahem...

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Also, if you notice that one of your addons has been moved to a certain category, but you would prefer that it were in another, either reply to this thread or send any of us staff a PM with a link to your addon and the category you wish it to be moved to.

The same goes for any of your addons that you wish to be moved to outdated, or just outright deleted.

unless I'm misunderstanding you?

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Download Clean-Up