11-19-09, 11:03 PM   #21
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Republic View Post
The AddOn community is Blizzard's real development team. Blizzard's "official" development team is too busy recoloring mounts/reworking daily quests/inserting stupid new pets/micromanaging talents.
The UI Team =/= the dev team. And it's not like we haven't any any new stuff go into the game in the last 5 years, amirite?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-21-09, 08:26 AM   #22
AsheruWolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
If you're only counting three, you haven't been paying attention.
Im trying to be nice here and only counting Major addon/ideas.
11-23-09, 01:36 PM   #23
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Republic View Post
Who really cares which of them did it first?
Um, anyone who's created anything? Tell ya what, go spend a few weeks/months developing a project for your job. To the community, it's one of the greatest things they've ever used and is quite popular. Then imagine your boss coming in, pushing you aside and taking all the credit for something that you made popular to the masses and leaving you in the gutter without as much as a "even though I'm stealing your popular work, thanks!"

And yes, I realize this isn't a direct comparison, so save your flames. It still gets the point across for how the mod authors get shown no appreciation for the contributions in helping improve Blizz's precious little goldmine, especially when they claim said features are "new". This was proven when they put the "you can't charge for your work" rule.
11-25-09, 10:52 AM   #24
Brannwyn
A Defias Bandit

The thing is, where did Blizzard get the idea for this (and other features)? Was it from a WoW mod, another game, another game's mod. I can point to EQ2 Map as an addon that predates everything that you all have been discussing that had a spawn map tied to something that allowed you to see where your character was in relation to said map.

I think that they will never "give Credit" for that reason and also to minimize any lawsuits that could arise if they admitted where they got the idea. So just feel happy that Blizzard possibly used one of your ideas for a upgrade to the base UI. Because, I am pretty sure that is all you are going to get.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Content Update 3.3: Quest Tracking Preview