10-15-07, 03:34 AM   #1
Oakayam
Premium Member

Violation ( BG Alpha ) Request

Heya

I like Viloation as mod and I would like to use my custom eePanels for the background so it matches my UI. However Violation comes with the default background I have not been able to edit lua successfully to get rid of it .

Any help how to change the code to set background to transparent would be appreciated.
10-15-07, 09:12 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
This was on the wowace forums in a few places, I believe. I found this in the main Vio thread and I just happen to have it on my desk in front of me.

Open up Violation.lua and search for "SetBackdropColor"

There are 3 numbers separated by commas - these are RGB values (divided by 255). After the 3rd number, add another comma and a 0 to set alpha to 0.

If you want to get rid of the texture at the top of the box (the red/blue/green title bar), look at the backdrop line right above backdrop color. Replace the word windowBackdrop with nil.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-15-07, 09:22 AM   #3
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you got a text editor that shows line numbers (like JEdit, Notepad++ among other) then the line you want is 2803

Replace 2803 with
Code:
	f:SetBackdropColor(24/255, 24/255, 0)
If you also want to get rid of the colored title bar and make it transparent then replace 2802 with:
Code:
	f:SetBackdrop(nil)
I really wish the Violation devs would build this option to into the mod as it is annoying to go back and hack the mod every time it updates.
10-15-07, 01:48 PM   #4
Oakayam
Premium Member

Thanks guys I appreciate

I will try it as soon as I get home.
10-16-07, 09:49 AM   #5
Oakayam
Premium Member

Just a short update ..

I decided to remove backdrop completely and changed the line 2802. It seemed to unmask couple spelling errors within violation.lua file. After I corrected them Violation runs perfectly and its background free

Thank you very much

Oak

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Violation ( BG Alpha ) Request