04-07-14, 09:24 AM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

Unhappy Bugs caused by Carbonite

I've been having a number of bugs (ERRORS) and most of them are pointing to Carbonite. Most of them in are Pandaria related to turning in quests or other things such as Carbonite's Guide to find a vendor who has sold specific items, etc. I'd like to be more specific, but there are too many of them to outline here. Other addons encounter (report them) and they all point to Carbonite. Will this addon be updated (for users) anytime in the near future with fixes other than for other addon authors?

I'm using Carbonite's Beta version (CarboniteBETA-542a4).

04-08-14, 01:05 AM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Without error reports, there's nothing I can fix... I would need some sort of bug track to be able to pinpoint where the error was, and what caused it.

04-08-14, 08:19 PM   #3
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

i am using the latest versions of carbonite and pet tracker, and i have no lag or errors in Pandaria or any other places for that matter, you might want to delete your caches and add-ons, do a clean install. you may also want to check WoW for any problems too

04-09-14, 11:58 AM   #4
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's also worth noting that many AddOns share libraries, and if an AddOn has an error which propagates to one of those libraries, the first AddOn to load it will be blamed.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.

04-09-14, 03:32 PM   #5
Kreelor
A Firelord

Torhal, thanks for the reply. I have to laugh because after sending some of the error reports to other addon tech support sites pages (for example: Zygor), they keep telling me it's not their software. They are saying there are function calls to various things which they don't use in their software, but Carbonite does (although they never mentioned Carbonite by name).
I'm now in an endless loop between the addon developers.

04-09-14, 04:28 PM   #6
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
One of course assumes you are posting the actual bugs and what you were doing when the bug occurred. It usually helps developers when they get as much information as possible. And a really fun thing to do is run the problematic addon by itself to ensure the problem can be reproduced with nothing else (non-system-Blizzard) involved.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Bugs caused by Carbonite