04-28-11, 03:58 AM   #1
Kyzzy
A Fallenroot Satyr
Exclamation Main Map Inoperable

After the recent update, my map won't open and I get many errors while playing referring to Carbonite lua errors. Tried downloading and installing the beta, and it still did not work. Am using windows 7 and I Really miss Carbonite maps for my quests and gathering.

Is there a fix in the pipe please?

04-28-11, 04:22 AM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Before you installed the beta version, did you delete the old Carb folders from the Addons directory?

My guess is you installed the beta and just chose to overwrite the existing files. I and many other users have found that is not always the best idea to do with Carb. Always try and delete the original folders before installing newer versions.

04-28-11, 04:54 AM   #3
Kyzzy
A Fallenroot Satyr
Overwriting

hmmm, will check and do that. will get back to you.

04-28-11, 05:13 AM   #4
Kyzzy
A Fallenroot Satyr
Fixed It

Originally Posted by Kyzzy View Post
hmmm, will check and do that. will get back to you.
Well done... It worked. Thank you so much.

Woot!

04-28-11, 07:02 AM   #5
sociallydead
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation New beta Version causing lag

I downloaded the beta version of carbonite for my missus (as other one didnt work after patch). But whenever she attacks or interacts with surrounding her game practically freeze's, Not 100% sure if it is the beta version thats causing this but would like 2 hear if anyone else has had simular probs and also wen is New version coming out..

Thanks

Sociallydead-mazrigos

Last edited by sociallydead : 04-28-11 at 07:05 AM.

04-28-11, 08:04 AM   #6
Hsith
A Defias Bandit
I have been having the same problem and had to disable Carbonite. This seems to be more of an issue if whatever I am doing relates to a quest (ie looting something or killing a specific mob). No LUA error appears though.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Main Map Inoperable