03-15-22, 05:19 PM   #1
muleyo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
CVars set via addon reset when entering Interface options

Hi,

I'm currently setting CVars via AddOn (nameplate-related to be specific). Unfortunately, the CVars reset whenever I go to Interface options... I tried resetting my Interface, that didn't fix the issue.

Any1 has an idea?

Edit: NamePlateVerticalScale always resets to its default value by InterfaceOptionsPanel.lua

Here's the code of InterfaceOptionsPanel.lua:

Code:
function InterfaceOptionsLargerNamePlate_OnLoad(self)
	function self:GetValue()
		if self.value then
			return self.value;
		end
		if math.abs(tonumber(GetCVar("NamePlateHorizontalScale")) - self.normalHorizontalScale) < .001 and
			math.abs(tonumber(GetCVar("NamePlateVerticalScale")) - self.normalVerticalScale) < .001 and
			math.abs(tonumber(GetCVar("NamePlateClassificationScale")) - self.normalClassificationScale) < .001 then
			return "0";
		end
		return "1";
	end

function self.setFunc(value)
		if value == "1" then
			SetCVar("NamePlateHorizontalScale", self.largeHorizontalScale);
			SetCVar("NamePlateVerticalScale", self.largeVerticalScale);
			SetCVar("NamePlateClassificationScale", self.largeClassificationScale);
		else
			SetCVar("NamePlateHorizontalScale", self.normalHorizontalScale);
			SetCVar("NamePlateVerticalScale", self.normalVerticalScale);
			SetCVar("NamePlateClassificationScale", self.normalClassificationScale);
		end
		NamePlateDriverFrame:UpdateNamePlateOptions();
	end

self.type = CONTROLTYPE_CHECKBOX;
	self.defaultValue = "0";
	BlizzardOptionsPanel_RegisterControl(self, self:GetParent():GetParent());
end
Unfortunately, I got no clue how to prevent that.

Last edited by muleyo : 03-15-22 at 06:41 PM.
03-16-22, 02:08 AM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
InterfaceOptionsLargerNamePlate_OnLoad() just sets up those functions to run when you click on the button. :setFunc() gets called by InterfaceOptionsPanel_CheckButton_Update() through InterfaceOptionsPanel_CheckButton_OnClick(). This is also called from InterfaceOptionsPanel_CancelControl() under certain circumstances.

The easiest method would be to nuke :setFunc(). I would also advise disabling the button if this is to be in a published addon.

Lua Code:
  1. InterfaceOptionsNamesPanelUnitNameplatesMakeLarger.setFunc=nop;--   Overwrite with Blizzard-provided NoOp function
  2. InterfaceOptionsNamesPanelUnitNameplatesMakeLarger.value="0";--     Set our own value to unchecked (see custom :GetValue())
  3. BlizzardOptionsPanel_CheckButton_Disable(InterfaceOptionsNamesPanelUnitNameplatesMakeLarger);-- Disable button
03-16-22, 11:23 AM   #3
muleyo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
InterfaceOptionsLargerNamePlate_OnLoad() just sets up those functions to run when you click on the button. :setFunc() gets called by InterfaceOptionsPanel_CheckButton_Update() through InterfaceOptionsPanel_CheckButton_OnClick(). This is also called from InterfaceOptionsPanel_CancelControl() under certain circumstances.

The easiest method would be to nuke :setFunc(). I would also advise disabling the button if this is to be in a published addon.

Lua Code:
  1. InterfaceOptionsNamesPanelUnitNameplatesMakeLarger.setFunc=nop;--   Overwrite with Blizzard-provided NoOp function
  2. InterfaceOptionsNamesPanelUnitNameplatesMakeLarger.value="0";--     Set our own value to unchecked (see custom :GetValue())
  3. BlizzardOptionsPanel_CheckButton_Disable(InterfaceOptionsNamesPanelUnitNameplatesMakeLarger);-- Disable button
Thank you! That resolved it.

The addon is just for private use and just working with CVars n stuff, just to make sure that every single character has the same settings etc.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » CVars set via addon reset when entering Interface options