10-01-10, 10:20 AM   #1
ringw0rm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

available quests

Recently I had problems with quests, the map showed they were available, but they weren't. I ended up using Every-quest, listing quests I'd done and haven't done. I then had to post what I hadn't done and back track from there to find out who was the missing link who opened up what carbonite was saying was available, but couldn't get (if that makes sense)? What I'm needing to know, is there an option that works like EQ within carbonite, to allow me to see what is needed to be done, in hopes of backtracking, within the history tab of my quest log?

Thank you for any help, I hope I made sense here

ringw0rm

10-01-10, 11:18 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
If you "show all quests" (right click and select it from the contextual menu, I think) in the database tab of the quest log, each quest carbonite knows you've done is marked "history".

I've found that the easiest way to find where I am in a quest chain is to look at one of the quests in the chain on wowhead. Over on the right side of the window, the entire chain is listed. Then I manually search through backwards the quest database until I find the last quest I did. Then I go see the quest giver for the quest after that, that I still haven't done.

10-01-10, 07:39 PM   #3
ringw0rm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

As far as tracking back to see what I missed, that makes sense. As far as the quest though, I meant to say is there a way of knowing what needs to be done, as with EQ?

Thanks again

10-01-10, 11:36 PM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Well sure. The database marks quests you've done with "history" on the top line. If that word isn't there, you haven't done the quest yet. Note that there are some quests you may not be able to do. For example a quest to "go talk to Joe in SW" so Joe will give you a quest will not be available if you've already done Joe's quest.

10-02-10, 12:43 PM   #5
ringw0rm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I understand. but that isn't telling you what quests need to be done. If I read right, what you're saying assumes I have the quest and haven't done it yet? I need to know what's in that area so I can look it u;p on wowhead.

thanks

10-02-10, 02:57 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That's what the database tab is for. It will show you most (I'd say "all", but the database does have some missing quests) of the available quests in your current zone. I believe if it has a number "0" in front of it, it means that the quest is seasonal. The rest should have a level number in front of them.

The "History" tab will tell you what quests you have completed and I think this tab, also, goes by your current zone.

Open your main Carbonite folder in the "AddOns" folder, and find the "CarboniteReadMe.txt" file. Open it in any plain text editor (IE: Notepad) and, well, read it. Lot's of information in there. All the good stuff comes after the installation instructions. ;^)

I would like to suggest that you take a look at LightHeaded. It's an addon that has a database of WoWHead comments for quests so you can check them in-game.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 10-02-10 at 03:59 PM.

10-02-10, 04:52 PM   #7
ringw0rm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

My apologizes, I wasn't understanding exactly.

As far as lightheaded goes, will that integrate with carbonite's quest log, or do I need Blizzard's log? I ask because all the photo's show Blizzard's log.

Thank you

10-02-10, 04:54 PM   #8
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Lat time I used Lightheaded, it worked very well with Carb. That was quite a while ago though, so your mileage may vary.

10-02-10, 04:56 PM   #9
Jigain
A Molten Giant

I am using Lightheaded to the current date, and it is still working flawlessly with Carbonite.

10-02-10, 05:04 PM   #10
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Does it add an additional pane to the Carb Quest log like it does with the default Blizz Quest log? Or does it show next to it as a seperate window?

I cannot remember how it integrated.

10-02-10, 07:55 PM   #11
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It "attaches" to the Carbonite quest log. I tested it a while ago with the default quest log, and it did the same thing, so ...

Last edited by jeffy162 : 10-02-10 at 08:28 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » available quests