12-01-10, 08:01 PM   #21
ringw0rm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

That made no difference. What do those files do anyway?

Thank you

12-01-10, 11:49 PM   #22
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Keep track of what each character has in his warehouse, among other things.

I'm at a loss as to what may be causing your problem. Something must be different between the two toons, but I have no idea what.

12-02-10, 12:59 AM   #23
ringw0rm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thanks for your help. If anyone might have a different approach, please let me know.

thanks

12-02-10, 04:24 AM   #24
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Well, if it isn't an addon conflict, and it isn't a SavedVariables error, then it boils down to one of two things...

Either your installation of WoW is hokey, or your Carbonite files have become corrupted.

Completely uninstall Carbonite (delete all folders in AddOns named "Carbonite" somethingoranother), remove all Carbonite SavedVariables (if you're on a Windows OS, the search function is great for this), and then download the latest Carbonite version from here and install it.

If that doesn't fix it, I don't see any other possible reason than it being your WoW installation, so run the repair tool in that case.

12-02-10, 02:37 PM   #25
ringw0rm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

This is bizarre to say the least.

I removed anything related to carbonite, disabled all other addons, deleted my Interface and WTF folder, then installed only Carbonite. There was no change, so I ran Blizzard repair utility. Now, only if I hit the map icon by the minimap, will Carbonites map open and I can only close it with that same icon, so now at least I'm getting the correct map. Since I'm leveling my alliance guy, I can live with this arrangement, because Carbonite works as it should on him.

Do you think I can bind a key to open and close the map? The only one I noticed is biding for the regular map.

Thank you for all the help

12-02-10, 03:37 PM   #26
Fathersin
A Cyclonian

when your at the character screen and you hit the addons button in the list is the check box for carbonite gold or grey? if it's grey click it twice to turn it gold.) just my thoughts

12-02-10, 04:50 PM   #27
ringw0rm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

indeed it was!!!

It's the thought that counts .

Thanks

12-02-10, 05:35 PM   #28
Fathersin
A Cyclonian

that fixeded it?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carb doesnt appear to be working