11-27-10, 04:55 PM   #1
helpfrustrated
A Kobold Labourer
Carb doesnt appear to be working

I have downloaded the updated version. Carbonite is not working for me. I have been using it before the latest update from WOW, but now it isnt working. How do i fix this? I am technologically challenged and would appreciate some help with this problem. Thank you.

11-27-10, 05:04 PM   #2
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Moved thread to appropriate forum.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

11-27-10, 05:28 PM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
What version did you download, what server version are you on, and what, exactly, did you do to install carbonite? Finally, what exactly are the symptoms of the problem? "It doesn't work" is no help at all in troubleshooting.

11-28-10, 11:44 AM   #4
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

i have Carbonite 4.013 and is not working too, what is happening guys?... because i think for nobody is working

11-28-10, 12:05 PM   #5
Manahotep
A Kobold Labourer
NOt working....

Is 4.013 working for anyone??? heck il pay for it if that gives me a version that works im dying here

11-28-10, 12:11 PM   #6
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Reading stickies is hard!

11-28-10, 10:09 PM   #7
ringw0rm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

After reading the sticky, I installed Carbonite-4.030106, a few days later the sticky said to use 4.0030109 but I was unable to locate the file. Even at carboniteaddon.com it was mentioned, when I downloaded it ended being the original beta 4.xxx106.

Anyway, the install is working and not working. My horde warlock only opens the original map, but can only be closed using esc. My alliance hunter, on the same server Dawnbringer, works as it should. Could someone explain the discrepancy?

Thank you

11-28-10, 10:13 PM   #8
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The "That objective is not in the database" seems to be caused by not having "Show Quest Objectives" checked on the Blizzard world map. Press Alt-M and check it. I will be attempting to have Carbonite set that or remove the need for that setting to be on in the next version. (This is from a post from Faatal. Figured it would be easier to copy it that post the link).

11-29-10, 12:35 AM   #9
Ratu
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by ringw0rm View Post
After reading the sticky, I installed Carbonite-4.030106, a few days later the sticky said to use 4.0030109 but I was unable to locate the file. Even at carboniteaddon.com it was mentioned, when I downloaded it ended being the original beta 4.xxx106.

Anyway, the install is working and not working. My horde warlock only opens the original map, but can only be closed using esc. My alliance hunter, on the same server Dawnbringer, works as it should. Could someone explain the discrepancy?

Thank you
After you download an install the addon in the right location, BEFORE you play wow, delete the carbonite.lua saved variable file. This should eliminate any issue with old settings and the new beta. I had to do this not only with Carb, but another addon as well, and all my lua errors were gone.

11-29-10, 12:09 PM   #10
ringw0rm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Ratu View Post
After you download an install the addon in the right location, BEFORE you play wow, delete the carbonite.lua saved variable file. This should eliminate any issue with old settings and the new beta. I had to do this not only with Carb, but another addon as well, and all my lua errors were gone.

I'm not quite sure I understood, I reinstalled and before playing went into the carbonite directory and deleted carbinite.lua. Then proceeded in to game and could get no map at all. If I understood correctly?

Thanks

11-29-10, 01:49 PM   #11
Ratu
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by ringw0rm View Post
I'm not quite sure I understood, I reinstalled and before playing went into the carbonite directory and deleted carbinite.lua. Then proceeded in to game and could get no map at all. If I understood correctly?

Thanks
No, after installing go into your C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\XXXXXXXX\SavedVariables. Look for carbonite.lua and delete this file. Then log back into your game. (XXXXXXXX is the name of your account)

11-29-10, 02:11 PM   #12
ringw0rm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Ratu View Post
No, after installing go into your C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\XXXXXXXX\SavedVariables. Look for carbonite.lua and delete this file. Then log back into your game. (XXXXXXXX is the name of your account)
It just reset Carbonite, still does the exact same, works well with alliance hunter, not with horde warlock. The correct map options appear to be checked, I attacked screens just in case.

Thank you again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	map options.JPG
Views:	586
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	5367  Click image for larger version

Name:	map minimap options.JPG
Views:	553
Size:	264.3 KB
ID:	5368  

11-30-10, 11:58 PM   #13
ringw0rm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I really don't understand this problem, it makes no sense. I never had this problem, until the patch which prompted Carbonite-4.030106. Just to reiterate my issue, I have an alliance hunter in which Carbonite works as it should, no issues. I also have a horde warlock, which works, with the exception of the map. It the WoW map and will not close unless I hit ESC.

I thought maybe it was conflicting with another addon, so I removed them all and only added this new version and still had the same problem.

I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks

12-01-10, 12:05 AM   #14
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Remove the carbonite.lua file from your <character>/SavedVariables folder (while wow is not running), restart, and see if that fixes your warlock's problem.

12-01-10, 12:35 AM   #15
ringw0rm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
Remove the carbonite.lua file from your <character>/SavedVariables folder (while wow is not running), restart, and see if that fixes your warlock's problem.
I did try that both with this new version and with that beta.

Thank you

12-01-10, 02:34 AM   #16
S@thi
A Theradrim Guardian

What exactly is the problem now?
Been reading the thread + the suggestions offered.

12-01-10, 03:17 PM   #17
ringw0rm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I'm really not sure how else to describe it, but I'll try.

I use the Dawnbringer server, in which I have two characters. Alliance hunter, in which I have no issue with, it works as it should. I also have a horde warlock, where everything, except the map work. I can only get the WoW map to appear and when it does, it will only close using the ESC key.

Why would it work for alliance toon, but not horde. If it's conflicting with something, neither one should work.

It's not a huge deal really, however, as a contributor I feel this issue deserves resolution.
I hope that was clearer?

Thanks again,

12-01-10, 04:12 PM   #18
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Well, the only thing I can think of is this...

If you run Carbonite as the ONLY loaded addon on both characters, does the problem still occur?

It sounds to me like it's an addon conflict - possibly from an addon you're loading only on your Horde character. Even if you can't think of any addons that you're loading specifically on that character, it's a huge checkmark to try it out at least.

12-01-10, 04:49 PM   #19
ringw0rm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

yes, I did exactly that and still it does it.

I can't imagine why this issue ever since the world changed. However, like I said before, it makes no sense one works and one doesn't being on the same server. If they were character specific would be one thing.

Thanks

12-01-10, 06:43 PM   #20
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Hm. there's also player specific data in the <account name>/SavedVariables folder. Try pulling the carbonite.lua and carbonite.lua.bak files out of that folder, and see if that makes a difference (you may have to reset some settings on both tunes).

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carb doesnt appear to be working