04-07-11, 01:02 PM   #1
Fhait
A Cliff Giant
Nested SYMLINK

I use a symlink for my HealMod that specifies different mouse-binding files for each class and this works great.

However, when I try to specify a file within the symlink that is also a symlink the RDX design will not compile.

The reason I want to do this is so that I can use a different mouse-binding file depending on what talent tree I happen to be in. (Disc/Holy for example)

I've tried making a class-based symlink that points to a talent-based symlink and a talent-based symlink that points to a class-based symlink and both encounter the same error.

Any plans to make this possible ? I realize this may open the door to serious problems if used incorrectly. (infinite symlinking)

Thanks,

= F
04-08-11, 07:51 AM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Hello Fhait

Yes, symlink inside symlink doesn't work.

I will create a new symlink type for this case.

Cheers
Sigg
04-08-11, 09:33 PM   #3
unlimit
Lookin' Good

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Suggestion: Modify symlink to also turn into another type of object, like a conditional database.

For instance, say you create a symlink: After creating a "Symlink" object you can then right click on it and convert it to a "Mirrored Symlink" object, that symlink can then mirrior any other conditional object besides a symlink, such as a mousebind object, keybind object, actionbar object that changes based on class / talent specialization and the need to make 20 different objects.

I hope that makes sense?

kúdan: im playing pantheon
JRCapablanca: no youre not
** Pantheon has been Banned. **
04-10-11, 08:54 AM   #4
Fhait
A Cliff Giant
Another Solution

Another idea would be to add multiple lines for each class.

ie.

Mage-1 : Filename
Mage-2 : Filename
Mage-3 : Filename

Priest-1 : Filename

etc.

= K
04-12-11, 06:31 AM   #5
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Just add the new symlink "class&talent" on github.

Suggestion: Modify symlink to also turn into another type of object, like a conditional database.

For instance, say you create a symlink: After creating a "Symlink" object you can then right click on it and convert it to a "Mirrored Symlink" object, that symlink can then mirrior any other conditional object besides a symlink, such as a mousebind object, keybind object, actionbar object that changes based on class / talent specialization and the need to make 20 different objects.

I hope that makes sense?
I don't really understand, you wish the possibility to change the class type of the symlink ?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Nested SYMLINK