08-24-11, 12:49 PM   #1
Dendric
A Murloc Raider
SCT not working on specific server

SCT all of a sudden stopped working on my mains server, it acts as if the addon is disabled or doesnt exist. ive tried disabling and enabling it but it has no effect. It works on all my other servers though, any ideas?
08-24-11, 01:53 PM   #2
Arxae
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Have you tried deleting the server specific settings file?
08-24-11, 08:23 PM   #3
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

I agree with arxae,
Go into your wow folder and then the WTF folder.
Then Account
Then you will see the account names. open the folder that corresponding with the account/toon in question.
Then you will see the server folder dbl click on that. then the toon name, then SavedVariables.

Look through and find the file that is for you sct and delete the file.lua and file.bak that is for your specific sct. And you should be good. Make sure you do this out of game. You will of course loose all the information for that specific addon on that server. You can also just drag the 2 files to your desktop and try running wow, if it fixes your problem then good if not then we need to think of something else.
08-24-11, 11:36 PM   #4
Dendric
A Murloc Raider
the 2 files ur talking about in saved variables arent there for any of my characters on any realm, the addon works on every other server but my main. i even tried deleting and re-installing but same thing happened. This is really weird, it was working fine for months and all of a sudden this :/
08-25-11, 06:34 PM   #5
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

The files should be there they may be global files. And you may loose all your sct settings, but. IN c:\world_of_warcraft\WTF\account\account_name there is a saved vars folder check in there.
08-25-11, 06:56 PM   #6
Dendric
A Murloc Raider
Ok i found the files in the account folder they just werent in the character specific folders. deleted them, same problem. Sct and Sct options are both enabled in the addons tab at character selection screen, but still acts as though its disabled when i log in, sct commands dont work and it doesnt show up in interface>addons.
08-25-11, 09:47 PM   #7
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Honestly I am stumped, you may want to wait for someone else to answer the only thing i cant think of next would be to delete the whole wtf folder but that would reset ALL your addons. And i did say ALLLLLLLLLLL. I have done it and it stinks I run 300+ addons and it takes me forever to set them up again.

Just had a thought. If you have enough disc space. Copy your whole wow folder to the desktop. Then Delete the WTF folder from the one that is on your desktop. See what happens..

I am slightly remembering that windows 7 uses a Data store of some sort for things. Are you using win 7 and if you are what is the install directory for your wow? c:\wow or C:\games etc.
08-25-11, 10:14 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Have you tried deleting your AddOns.txt file? This stores information about which addons are disabled. Sometimes it can become corrupted. It is located in your character specific folder in the WTF folder.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-26-11, 12:50 AM   #9
Dendric
A Murloc Raider
Problem fixed! i made a 2nd version of wow, deleted the WTF folder, logged in/logged out. then took the new sct folder from the 2nd version of wow and copied it into the original, now i just need to reconfigure it and ill be good to go. just glad i dont have to reconfigure ALL my addons lol thx alot guys!!!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » SCT not working on specific server