04-20-07, 11:59 AM   #1
zathriel
An Aku'mai Servant
unexpected from thy enemy?

while playing around the arathi highlands , alterac mountains , southshore etc., i have found that horde players either ignore me or more than likely ambush me
the culprits mostly being rogues of a far higher level.
in a certain area though i have only been attacked by horde twice ,one of these proving fatal but im mostly ignored , have been told no and then had the oppo player leave or the best one , a tauran three levels higher start dancing after finding me low on mana
04-20-07, 02:24 PM   #2
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

So true...

There are so many reasons why pvp happens and just as many why it does not.

Last night I flew my 64 priest into Tarren Mill (where Alliance have Southshore). All I wanted to do was go get some long overdue tailoring training in town and leave. As I landed I was aim-shotted by a 70 hunter. The pet started tearing me up and a 70 mage with some pretty amazing looking gear nova'd me to the ground and proceeded to slaughter me quite quickly with a fireball as big as a Desolace kodo !

As I died I both sighed and laughed. People camp things. PVP happens. I enjoy those possibilities.

As more horde turn up being made aware by guildies and friends that Alliance were kicking-ass at TM the balance of power moved and the Alliance died / ran. So guess what... payback... we all proceeded to kick-ass at Southshore. Those flying into SS were 1/2-shotted. I'm sure they were as equally suprised as I was at TM.

In all of this people are coming, going, logging, hearthing, griffing / batting in.

As I die for the 4th time at the hands of Alliance at SS and take several Alliance with me each time I remind myself that I just came to skill up tailoring.

I get my body and head out. In localdefence some 31 mage is begging for help due to a "naughty" 51 (?? to him) Alliance shammy killing him over and over as he is trying to do yeti quests. We roll up on the shammy and kick his ass. He is dumb enough to blow his self rez and dies in under 2 seconds. lol

At every single point in this little venture to SS imagine how people see the game from their perspective, not seeing all the noise of the world around them. The quests being completed. The pvp happening. etc, etc.

All of the above is usually water-cooler chat with friends at work (who also play Wow on both Alliance and Horde) but I thought I'd share just to illustrate how truly immense and immersive the game is.

To your original point I agree that one never really knows what is going to happen when meeting the oppositte faction. I've been waved at then killed. Pointed at and helped. Plain out ganked and camped. Heck, every possible combination of these events too. It's funny how someone kills my little 28 mage and sits on her corpse only to wave politely at me on my 70 shadow priest as I tear their face off with no mercy. As I log back to my 28 mage I am strangely left alone by the ganker...
04-21-07, 06:36 AM   #3
Xanithon
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
It's because you're playing alliance.

I have a grudge against Night Elves and anyone affiliated with them.
i.e. Druids, Alliance.

No offence.

04-21-07, 08:51 AM   #4
zathriel
An Aku'mai Servant
forgot to mention i was blasted dead in one shot once and then the horde player apologised for wiping me out i do not know if it was a twisted sense of humour or that they did not normally kill players so far below their level?
04-21-07, 09:07 AM   #5
Xanithon
A Cobalt Mageweaver

If ye is on my server, i shall tell them to DESIST!

You alliance people love to one-shot me in Stranglethorn Vale.

You started it...

04-21-07, 09:57 AM   #6
zathriel
An Aku'mai Servant
i was chased all over stranglethorn once by a player seven levels higher than me
she killed me once and then waited for me to resus.
she must have really hated gnomes because she would not give it up , i swam , blinked , ran around in circles and finally completed my quest before she nailed me
04-21-07, 10:02 AM   #7
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Fair game...

Originally Posted by zathriel
i was chased all over stranglethorn once by a player seven levels higher than me
she killed me once and then waited for me to resus.
she must have really hated gnomes because she would not give it up , i swam , blinked , ran around in circles and finally completed my quest before she nailed me
Oh well, all gnomes need to die on sight

Rogue gnomes have a special place in hell IMHO....
04-21-07, 03:06 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Wowgamer233
/sniff
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-22-07, 08:44 AM   #9
Xanithon
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Wowgamer233

Rogue gnomes have a special place in hell IMHO....
Sad but true... (JK on the Sad bit )

04-22-07, 10:22 AM   #10
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Oooo

Originally Posted by Seerah
/sniff
I feel like I just kicked a kitten

/hug@gnomes-who-are-not-rogues
04-22-07, 11:04 AM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
hehe, it's okay, Wowgamer. I know you all are just jealous at how cute we are.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » unexpected from thy enemy?