09-25-09, 01:52 PM   #1
Neo_Bahamut_19
A Murloc Raider
Getting Frustrated With The Map

Ok, how do I keep it from going from the larger map to the smaller map after I press the map button [M]? I really do NOT want to have 2 minimaps on my screen, I would love to have my default minimap and then press [M] to bring up the full size map to look at my quests and then be able to press [M] again to close the map and not end up with a smaller verion of the big map still sitting on my screen wasting space. I've been trying to find this out for quite some time and if I can't get it to stop doing this, I'll go elsewhere and use another addon that will let me do this [QuestHelper]...

09-26-09, 04:53 AM   #2
Maeby
An Aku'mai Servant
I used to have trouble with this exact issue also, but finally let go of the standard minimap. now, i cant imagine why it took me so long to do so.

I integrated the minimap into carbonites map, so that the minimap is in the bottom left corner of the carbonite maps. (options>Map Minimap>check Move Minimap into Carbonite mab, check Move Minimap buttons into Carbonite button window)

Then i sized one of the two maps to fit nicely in the upper right corner to use as my minimap. I usually have it so that only the minimap is showing, and it behaves just like the standard minimap. The only differences are that now all of the minimap buttons are neatly captured in a customizable and movable block, and my minimap is a neat square that i can re-size and move however i like. Also, i can pull out the bottom left corner of my minimap screen so that i can look at both my minimap and a small version of my world map that shows quest objective areas and nodes. This is a fantastic way to mine and herb!

When i press M it toggles to the other map which i have full blown to use as my main map. This looks very slick and works perfectly, since all of the components are movable and re-sizable.

I know that i havent exactly answered your question, but I'm willing to bet that if you are emotionally attached to your standard minimap, there must be a way to let you continue to use it. Still, I figured I would let you know how i resolved the issue. if you try it out and use it this way for a bit, i'm sure you'll find that not only is your issue not a reason worth dealing with Questhelper for, but also yet another reason to prefer Carbonite! =]

09-26-09, 06:19 AM   #3
Cowmonster
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can reconfigure it so M toggles your big map hidden or shown.

Author of:
Equipped Average Item Level :: ExtraBar :: Killing Blow Emote :: RecordTip

09-26-09, 08:24 PM   #4
Neo_Bahamut_19
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cowmonster View Post
You can reconfigure it so M toggles your big map hidden or shown.
That's what I'm looking for, I want either the big map or nothing at all, can you tell me how to do so? I can't find the option for some reason...

Edit: Nevermind, found what I was looking for.

Map >>> Hide maximized map when escape or map toggle (M) is pressed.

I think that option should be clarified for idiots like me

My only other questions are 1: is there a way to get it to not darken the area I'm looking at? like the dark transparent square covering the zone my mouse is over? and 2: is there a way to make it show the more high def overhead of the terrain instead of the stock blizzard setup when zoomed out instead of always having to zoom way in to see the more real map?

Last edited by Neo_Bahamut_19 : 09-26-09 at 08:33 PM.

09-26-09, 09:48 PM   #5
Maeby
An Aku'mai Servant
for the detailed map part of your question...

right click anywhere on the map
go to Scale...
adjust Details at Scale
this slider changes how far you zoom in or out before the map shows details. so if for instance, you wanted to show details all the time, you would slide that slider all the way down. if you wanted to never see any details, you would go all the way up. you can experiment with different settings in between and then zoom in and out to see where you like it set.

09-27-09, 01:24 AM   #6
Neo_Bahamut_19
A Murloc Raider
Ty Maeby, works well, but is there any way to show the entire set of maps in full detail other than just a block at a time?

09-29-09, 03:01 PM   #7
Neo_Bahamut_19
A Murloc Raider
Could anyone help me in figuring out how to do so?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Getting Frustrated With The Map