08-14-11, 06:30 PM   #1
Neodarkside
A Kobold Labourer
Waypoint issue

Either a bug or a option that got altered with 4.2, but any time I select a quest to get a goto for that quest location, and if its in another zone it marks the goto location as the zone entrance, then continues on from there, the destination pointer also points to the zone entrance instead of a straight shot right to the goto spot. Looked through options but didn't see it.

Never mind, I found the issue, check box marked Use Travel Routing, unchecked it and it points directly at the quest location instead of zone entrances.

Last edited by Neodarkside : 08-14-11 at 07:28 PM. Reason: found option

08-14-11, 09:12 PM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
"Travel routing" is useful if you can't fly directly to your destination. If you can fly, you should probably turn it off, as you found.

08-14-11, 10:00 PM   #3
dychem
A Defias Bandit
Waypoint Issues as well...

Hi, new to the forums. Surprisingly enough i have been using Carbonite since it came out thereabouts and this is the first issue i have had to report, so keep up the awesome job.

Anyway, it seems if i am in zone "A" and my next step is in zone "B" and the coordinates are 74;45 it points to those coordinates, but in the current zone i am in, not in zone "B", where i need to go. So i have to travel to that zone then reloadui for it to refresh the waypoint.

I am using Zygor guides in correlation with the carbonite.

08-15-11, 05:23 AM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I have a similar problem with Wow-Pro guides. I suspect it's a problem with the guides rather than with Carbonite — unless it's a problem with Carbonite's Tom-Tom emulation. I know that Carbonite uses a form like "/carb goto <zone> x,y", but I don't remember how Tom-Tom does it. I would think it would be something similar, but perhaps not.

08-15-11, 05:58 AM   #5
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I just logged in to wow. My mage is questing in Thousand Needles, but is currently in Feralas. There were three waypoints for the topmost quest in the tracker ("Behind You!"). The objectives are in Thousand Needles, but the waypoints were near Feathermoon Stronghold. I then clicked on the first quest objective in the tracker, and the hud immediately pointed (correctly) to the location in Thousand Needles. So there is a problem between Wow-Pro (leveling guide) and Carbonite. I logged out, downloaded and installed Tom-Tom, logged back in, disabled Carbonite, and enabled Tom-Tom, entered the game. The hud points (correctly) to the quest location in Thousand Needles (when I'm in Feralas). So the problem seems to be with Carbonite. Hope this helps Faatal and Haavok get it fixed.

08-25-11, 10:02 AM   #6
mattmattmatt
A Defias Bandit
Zygor & Carbonite

Yeah I use Carbonite with Zygor Guides too, and it definitely seems to be carbonite. I can use any of the other waypoint options within Zygor to quest and it works fine. But once I switch it to Carbonite waypoint, I get a carbonite Lua error. This didn't happen until a week or so ago, if that long. Mine also does the same thing where it will show the direction to go and shows on the minimap, it just thinks I'm already in that zone.

08-27-11, 05:28 PM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by mattmattmatt View Post
Yeah I use Carbonite with Zygor Guides too, and it definitely seems to be carbonite. I can use any of the other waypoint options within Zygor to quest and it works fine. But once I switch it to Carbonite waypoint, I get a carbonite Lua error. This didn't happen until a week or so ago, if that long. Mine also does the same thing where it will show the direction to go and shows on the minimap, it just thinks I'm already in that zone.
Carbonite emulates TomTom, so those addons can set waypoints. There are 4 different ways to send the data to TomTom, one of which just sets an x y in the current zone. I just added a new TomTom waypoint function that will be in the next Carb version. The error may Zygor trying to use that one.

You need to copy and paste the first error message into this thread, so I can see what function it is trying to use.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Waypoint issue