02-17-07, 12:11 PM   #681
jaeda
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Vint
When you say that some components were still present, what was left? just the button assignments? if so, that's correct, as button assignment (what spell is assigned to what button ID) are stored server side, not locally.
The buttons are/were an easy fix, but things that were left, and not installed with other addons, or maintained the Mazzle settings:

CorpseWay - not installed, but still had the arrow
WitchHunt - maintained Mazzle settings
XLoot - maintained Mazzle settings
Chronometer - maintained Mazzle settings

The map mod which only shows the zone you are in
Chat windows that Mazzle setup on the Mazzlifiying

02-17-07, 01:15 PM   #682
Vint
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by jaeda
The buttons are/were an easy fix, but things that were left, and not installed with other addons, or maintained the Mazzle settings:

CorpseWay - not installed, but still had the arrow
WitchHunt - maintained Mazzle settings
XLoot - maintained Mazzle settings
Chronometer - maintained Mazzle settings

The map mod which only shows the zone you are in
Chat windows that Mazzle setup on the Mazzlifiying
Weird. The chat windows would be tied to a cache file (I'm not at my machine, so I can't double check the specific location, but I'm pretty sure its in the WTF folder).

For Witchhunt, XLoot, and Chronometer. All of these store their positioning information (and their other settings) in thier SavedVariables file (which, as I'm sure you know, is located in the WTF folder). Is it possible that you maybe backed up your Mazzified WTF folder, into the same location you had backed up your previous WTF folder?

As for corpseway being there without being installed.. maybe cknight really, really, wants you find your way back to your corpse

02-17-07, 01:43 PM   #683
jaeda
A Murloc Raider
Weird. The chat windows would be tied to a cache file (I'm not at my machine, so I can't double check the specific location, but I'm pretty sure its in the WTF folder).

For Witchhunt, XLoot, and Chronometer. All of these store their positioning information (and their other settings) in thier SavedVariables file (which, as I'm sure you know, is located in the WTF folder). Is it possible that you maybe backed up your Mazzified WTF folder, into the same location you had backed up your previous WTF folder?

As for corpseway being there without being installed.. maybe cknight really, really, wants you find your way back to your corpse
The mixed up WTF folders was why I uninstalled wow, and did a fresh reinstall, from a newly downloaded zip file.

Apparently Mazz really wants me to use this UI. So that is what I am going to do, halt my Blood Elf's progress and learn the UI.

02-17-07, 02:57 PM   #684
Vint
An Onyxian Warder

The mixed up WTF folders was why I uninstalled wow, and did a fresh reinstall, from a newly downloaded zip file.

Apparently Mazz really wants me to use this UI. So that is what I am going to do, halt my Blood Elf's progress and learn the UI.

Apparently, your computer just really, really likes the package ... as far as I know, its impossible for settings to persist through a WTF/WDB/Interface folder(s) deletion. That should have returned you back to the default blizz UI. Wish I could be more help with this...but, I can't think of anyway for what you're describing to happen

02-17-07, 03:45 PM   #685
Nymbia
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons

Make sure that WoW is completely closed when nuking files within WTF, otherwise it will just rewrite them when you close the game.

02-17-07, 04:19 PM   #686
Ire
A Murloc Raider
Added the Gatherer addon

I've searched high and low but I have yet to find and understand why my savedvariables of my nodes arent showing through Cartographer. Yes, I did set the options for them to show on my world map on both addons and still they arent showing up, they do show up through my minimap but why not my world up map?

Thanks in advance!
Ire

02-17-07, 04:21 PM   #687
CalibanXV
A Murloc Raider
Hi Mazzle, awsome UI loving it.

I was able to change the artwork of the UI border to my liking but when I try to login i get an error. I know if people modify something they are on their own but I just wanted to ask if a file size limit exists on the UI border files?

The ones I made are much larger by twice at minimum but just wondering if I'm missing something. Again, thanks for all your hard work and the team.

02-17-07, 04:24 PM   #688
Older
An Aku'mai Servant
Yes, if you've completly disabled it in the Options, and its not disabling, that would be bad.. that would also indicate something semi-unique about your install, as its not a widespread problem.

Are you running any addons besides what is included in the MazzleUI download?
No plain vanilla Mazzle. Hmmm will play around a bit more before lodging a bug report.

02-17-07, 04:40 PM   #689
Vint
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Ire
I've searched high and low but I have yet to find and understand why my savedvariables of my nodes arent showing through Cartographer. Yes, I did set the options for them to show on my world map on both addons and still they arent showing up, they do show up through my minimap but why not my world up map?

Thanks in advance!
Ire

Check the professions option in the Cartographer menu, and make sure the appropriate skill is 'turned on' there

02-17-07, 04:59 PM   #690
Ire
A Murloc Raider
Check the professions option in the Cartographer menu, and make sure the appropriate skill is 'turned on' there
There isn't an option to 'turn it on' its either:
- Always
- Never
- With profession
Default setting is 'with profession'.

So I don't know where else to check.

02-17-07, 05:03 PM   #691
Vint
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Ire
There isn't an option to 'turn it on' its either:
- Always
- Never
- With profession
Default setting is 'with profession'.

So I don't know where else to check.

Try switching it to Always. If that doesn't work, you might want to head over to the Ace site, and grab a updated version of Cartographer

02-17-07, 07:37 PM   #692
abazoe
A Kobold Labourer
Changing MonkeyQuest Default Size

Sorry if this has already been answered -- I searched the F.A.Q.s and this thread and couldn't find it.

Even after I changed the default font size to mr. magoo, my monkey quest is displaying in a miniscule font -- unreadable. Is there a place to tweak that mods specific settings? I tried to disable it and use Blizz's default but like others had a hard time getting that to work, and I really do enjoy monkeyquest.

Thanks for any help!

02-17-07, 08:00 PM   #693
Vint
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by abazoe
Sorry if this has already been answered -- I searched the F.A.Q.s and this thread and couldn't find it.

Even after I changed the default font size to mr. magoo, my monkey quest is displaying in a miniscule font -- unreadable. Is there a place to tweak that mods specific settings? I tried to disable it and use Blizz's default but like others had a hard time getting that to work, and I really do enjoy monkeyquest.

Thanks for any help!
MonkeyQuest's settings can be altered via MonkeyBuddy (which, should be launchable through the MazzleOptions).

02-17-07, 08:45 PM   #694
yothisbling
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Question Map Question

Is there a way you can load saved coords into the map like in Meta Map?

02-17-07, 09:01 PM   #695
yothisbling
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Question UI Scale

Is there away u can change the UI scale so that when u zoom back ur not so far back that your character is small, without changing the interface?

02-17-07, 09:12 PM   #696
Vint
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by yothisbling
Is there away u can change the UI scale so that when u zoom back ur not so far back that your character is small, without changing the interface?

Don't zoom back as far? My understanding of how the zoom function works, is that is all strictly Blizzard coded (meaning its not related to any addons that are running), and I don't beleive the UI scale has any bearing on it.

02-17-07, 09:31 PM   #697
Aldmehr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
chat windows, tinytip position, monkeyquest-

I have been using MazzleUI for a couple of days now, and am really enjoying it. I want to send my compliments to the authors.

Now for a couple of customization questions...

1>on edit... nevermind, fixed this one myself

2>
I like to move one of the docked tab chat windows from the bottom left up above the UI, but it overlaps with the tinytip window...
Can I move the tinytip window?

3>
I dislike monkeyquest... no offence against the authors, but it just seems cluttered and obtrusive. I configued mazzleui to not load monkeyquest and monkeyquestlog to get rid of it... hoping to revert back to the original blizzard quest tracker... when i click the enable quest tracker box in the blizzard interface settings, I can't seem to bring the tracker up again...

Thanks,
Aldmehr

Last edited by Aldmehr : 02-17-07 at 09:40 PM.

02-17-07, 09:33 PM   #698
valderos
A Murloc Raider
Problem with Nameplates

The mod is great. I love it.

One problem I'm having, though, is that I am unable to see Nameplates of players OR NPCs. Makes it really hard to find the person I'm looking for.

If I go to the WoW Interface options, and check the box to turn on name plates, nothing changes.

Any suggestions?

02-17-07, 09:55 PM   #699
Ire
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by valderos
The mod is great. I love it.

One problem I'm having, though, is that I am unable to see Nameplates of players OR NPCs. Makes it really hard to find the person I'm looking for.

If I go to the WoW Interface options, and check the box to turn on name plates, nothing changes.

Any suggestions?

I have noticed that you have to do this several times do it on the fubar nameplate addon and make so it is on 'show' and not 'hidden' also do it in your interface options.

Ire

02-17-07, 10:21 PM   #700
Vint
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Aldmehr
I have been using MazzleUI for a couple of days now, and am really enjoying it. I want to send my compliments to the authors.

Now for a couple of customization questions...

1>on edit... nevermind, fixed this one myself

2>
I like to move one of the docked tab chat windows from the bottom left up above the UI, but it overlaps with the tinytip window...
Can I move the tinytip window?

3>
I dislike monkeyquest... no offence against the authors, but it just seems cluttered and obtrusive. I configued mazzleui to not load monkeyquest and monkeyquestlog to get rid of it... hoping to revert back to the original blizzard quest tracker... when i click the enable quest tracker box in the blizzard interface settings, I can't seem to bring the tracker up again...

Thanks,
Aldmehr

2 - Tinytip is configurable.. either through MazzleOptions or DueceCommander
3 - Dunno.. there's been a couple of posts about the quest tracker in this thread and the bug report thread.. I honestly don't remember if a solution was found to re-enable the default one (it appears to be anchored to the bottom of the minimap, hence, with the minimap at the bottom, the tracker is off screen)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Support Thread (Ask questions here!) OLD