12-05-06, 08:54 AM   #1
Mikord
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
MikScrollingBattleText 4.0

MSBT is designed to be an extremely lightweight, efficient, and highly configurable mod that makes it easier to see combat information by scrolling the information on the screen in separate, dynamically creatable scroll areas. It is a replacement for Blizzard's Floating Combat Text and Damage output.

See a feature overview video! Good Quality Stage6 Stream: http://stage6.divx.com/members/261578/videos/1050056

Sorry, there will be no google stream. Google's quality is just too poor to see what's going on. Stage6 allows for higher quality streams, but you have to download the free DivX web player. Make sure to double click on the video to view it full screen!

Features:
  • Lightweight and efficient design.
  • Scroll incoming damage/heals, outgoing damage/heals, and notifications in separate configurable scroll areas on the playing field.
  • Add triggers that will allow you to show notifications based on various health and mana thresholds, or custom search patterns. Triggers are also set to only be processed for specific classes.
  • Dynamically create new scroll areas and assign any event/trigger to them.
  • Customize the position, animation style, enabled state, font style, font size, and font outline for each of the scroll areas.
  • Customize each individual event's color, font style, font size, font outline, output message, enabled state, and scroll area.
  • Set "Master Font" settings that will be inherited by all of the scroll areas and the events in them unless they are overridden at the scroll area or event level.
  • Merge AoE data into one event with cumulative damage/healing done with number of normal and crits specified.
  • Show overhealing amounts against yourself or party/raid members.
  • Color damage amounts according to damage type.
  • Show partial effects (resists, absorbs, vulnerabilities, etc) colored according to type.
  • Suppress particular messages you do not want to see such as mana gains from Blessing/Judgement of Wisdom.
  • Load on demand options.
  • For mod developers:
    • Output your own scrolling messages with the MikSBT.DisplayMessage function instead of having to create your own frame and animation code. You can also use your own font by first registering it with MSBT via the MikSBT.RegisterFont function.
    • Create custom animation styles.
    • See the included API.html file for reference information.

Get more detailed information and download it at:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=5153
12-05-06, 11:46 AM   #2
Grayhoof
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Very nice work Mik. You've obviously put a lot of time and effort into this update and it shows. The video is a very nice touch to explain how everything works. Maybe something I need to consider...
12-05-06, 12:00 PM   #3
beinwalt
A Murloc Raider
Smile Great job!

I've scrapped every combat scroller I've used because there wasn't this kind of flexibility available. I will definitely use this add-on and post a link to it on our guild webpage as a strong recommendation for everyone to use.

Also, I'd like to give you props for using Stage6 and DIVX. This is a format I've been using for a few years and I love it. I wish more people would take advantage of their codec.
12-05-06, 12:10 PM   #4
tophero21
A Cliff Giant

Smile

that's nasty mik, very nice video as well, i applaud all the work you've put into your mod.
12-05-06, 03:35 PM   #5
Mikord
A Theradrim Guardian
Thanks for the kind words guys. I appreciate the feedback!
12-05-06, 04:20 PM   #6
Nymbia
A Fallenroot Satyr
Great work, thanks a lot.
12-05-06, 05:07 PM   #7
Durzil
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Nice vid, very helpful gana download it and try it.
Give Locks Green Fire!!!
12-10-06, 10:03 AM   #8
razoon
A Fallenroot Satyr
Very very very nice indeed...thank you very much
12-13-06, 03:13 AM   #9
neenee
A Murloc Raider
Very nice indeed.

The main benefit of this over say, ScrollingCombatText for me is:

"Merge AoE data into one event with cumulative damage/healing
done with number of normal and crits specified."

Especially as a druid, where thorns/swipe creates a lot of cruft
with ScrollingCombatText, but with this addon, it's neatly com-
bined, with a crit counter.

Keep up the good work

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » MikScrollingBattleText 4.0