02-17-07, 05:25 AM   #1
beuy
A Kobold Labourer
Auctioneer and Mazzle UI

Hello there,

First of all I want to express my love/obsession with mazzle ui, I tired many times to get a UI similar to it working but ended up overlapping mods or going over the top and having over 50+ status messages. It is soo easy to setup and gives me almost everything I could ever want.

As I said almost, I do need auctioneer as well, I can understand why it isnt included, its monstly ram hungry (which is why i only load it when at the AH).

However I have noticed a problem, the tooltips on the items never update, they always say "never seen at auction" even if i have seen them 100+ times. Then when i try to create auction it just does the "vendor markup 300%" instead of the correct pricing it should used based off previous scans.

Could anyone help me out with this? Im using the latest auctioneer UI (stand alone, not the pack that has issues with mazzle) and latess mazzle ui.

Once again thanks for the great UI, hopefully once this is fixed I will never have to change UI's again .

02-17-07, 05:39 AM   #2
Nymbia
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Have you tried this version of auctioneer with nothing but auctioneer loaded? Sounds like it could very well be an internal problem among the auctioneer addons.

02-17-07, 08:39 AM   #3
Mizer18
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I have the auctioneer pack and have no problems with my Mazzle UI, and only load it when i'm at AH as well, it doesn't seem to have those problems that you're having, accept itemizer still doesn't work...

02-17-07, 09:18 AM   #4
Kamishimi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
This has been said time and time again....if you have a question or bug report, post it in the appropriate sticky thread.

Otherwise your post will be deleted.

MazzleUI v1.0 Coming Soon to an Interface Near You!
http://mazzlefizz.wowinterface.com/

02-17-07, 10:08 AM   #5
mrwuss
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

It seems to be an auctioneer bug, I did a scan last night with a fresh install of the mod and nothing was showing as scanned. This was with auctioneer on and everything else off.

If I looked up specific items then auctioneer would add those prices into the snapshot.

Kamishimi has most of your post count come from posting that insanely unhelpful copy/paste?

02-17-07, 10:29 AM   #6
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by mrwuss
It seems to be an auctioneer bug, I did a scan last night with a fresh install of the mod and nothing was showing as scanned. This was with auctioneer on and everything else off.

If I looked up specific items then auctioneer would add those prices into the snapshot.

Kamishimi has most of your post count come from posting that insanely unhelpful copy/paste?
Kami is just stating a fact that you need to be posting bug questions in the bug section if you think its a MazzleUI bug.. creating new threads for bugs is non productive to Mazz or the testers who may or may not have the answer.

02-17-07, 11:42 AM   #7
Vint
An Onyxian Warder

Auctioneer isn't included in the compilation, any questions or bug reports regarding Auctioneer would be best served by visiting the Auctioneer website, and talking it over with Norganna's folks there...

02-17-07, 11:57 AM   #8
Kamishimi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by mrwuss

First of all, no it doesn't.

Second, this is not a MazzleUI bug because MazzleUI does not include Auctioneer. We can't provide support for all possible combinations of mods that you might think up which might have conflicts.

Third, please go back and read the forum rules announcement at the top of the forum. It might help you avoid situations where you need to try and make smart-ass comments because you can't follow rules.

02-17-07, 01:15 PM   #9
Dwarik
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Also i'd like to add that auctioneer isn't what they themselves call a stable release. Also check that you actually still have a full auctioneer.lua file (if it isn't a few megs you porbally lost some data, this happens sometime. go to the auctioneer forums for more debugging/info)

02-17-07, 03:18 PM   #10
Archos
A Theradrim Guardian

Ummm, why are all the MazzleUI Support staff flaming the starter of this thread? It is not like he posted the question in the wrong thread that you all made, he started his own. So, there is no reason for you all to be telling him to post his comments in a Bug Report Thread, then you all will be saying the same thing, just more of you will be saying it. So why don't you all just stop?
"What we do in life, Echoes in Eternity." - MDM, Gladiator

02-17-07, 03:39 PM   #11
Nymbia
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Kamishimi

First of all, no it doesn't.

Second, this is not a MazzleUI bug because MazzleUI does not include Auctioneer. We can't provide support for all possible combinations of mods that you might think up which might have conflicts.

Third, please go back and read the forum rules announcement at the top of the forum. It might help you avoid situations where you need to try and make smart-ass comments because you can't follow rules.
Chill out dood. The poor guy thought it was a conflict between MazzleUI and Auctioneer, no need to crucify him for being mistaken. And I dunno which planet you're coming from with the 'Conflicts with other addons are not our problem!!' crap. A conflict with another addon, especially a major one such as Auctioneer, is a very serious issue that I'm sure Mazzle would want to fix.

02-17-07, 04:15 PM   #12
Kamishimi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Archos
Ummm, why are all the MazzleUI Support staff flaming the starter of this thread? It is not like he posted the question in the wrong thread that you all made, he started his own. So, there is no reason for you all to be telling him to post his comments in a Bug Report Thread, then you all will be saying the same thing, just more of you will be saying it. So why don't you all just stop?
We're not flaming anyone. Multiple people have said multiple times before to keep posts such as these in the top threads, simply because its easier for us to keep track of and answer without cluttering the forum with a ton of posts for every single question about MazzleUI. I'm sorry if you don't like my tone, but I'm not going to be overly fawning when all this has been said before.

Chill out dood. The poor guy thought it was a conflict between MazzleUI and Auctioneer, no need to crucify him for being mistaken. And I dunno which planet you're coming from with the 'Conflicts with other addons are not our problem!!' crap. A conflict with another addon, especially a major one such as Auctioneer, is a very serious issue that I'm sure Mazzle would want to fix.
@Nymbia: Auctioneer is a very widely used addon, you're correct. But not only is the currently available version of Auctioneer not considered by Norganna to be exactly stable or ready for release, but we can't be expected to be able to help with errors and issues with addons added to MazzleUI in the same way that we provide support for MazzleUI-specific addons. You see what I'm saying, right?

Btw, snide comments like the OP's "Kamishimi has most of your post count come from posting that insanely unhelpful copy/paste?" with get responses in kind, at least from me. I'm not a customer care rep from Microsoft or something, it isn't my job to make you think that you're right. If people want to be rude, that's fine. But they shouldn't expect nice answers to rude comments/questions.

Last edited by Kamishimi : 02-17-07 at 04:17 PM.

02-17-07, 04:19 PM   #13
Colton
A Fallenroot Satyr

Wow, yet another reason not to use Mazzle. Ask a question and get your head chewed off. Great PR for the mod by the way, someone asks a general community question for help and you jump all over them because they didn't ask YOU specifically in YOUR thread.

02-17-07, 04:51 PM   #14
Kamishimi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Colton
Wow, yet another reason not to use Mazzle. Ask a question and get your head chewed off. Great PR for the mod by the way, someone asks a general community question for help and you jump all over them because they didn't ask YOU specifically in YOUR thread.
If you can't see the reasons why we try to keep questions organized, then can't do anything to help you. I'm not trying to bite anyone's head off, and multiple people are jumping all over me for trying to get people's questions answered.

If you don't want to use MazzleUI, then good luck with whatever you use. But there's no need to flame here if you don't like it.

02-17-07, 06:06 PM   #15
Mortlach
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Workaround and comment

Folks, we MazzleUI beta-testers only have lots of MazzleUI and addon experience. Only Mazzle speaks with authority about Mazzle UI; we are here only to keep Mazzlefizz sane enough to keep up with the abuse under which an AddOn author/compiler suffers!

That said, I made my WoW thousands all thanks to Auctioneer and have been a pauper without it. I've gotten the latest gamma working well enough to use, but we have a conflict with tooltip addons in Auctioneer. Fault is not an issue - the fact there's a conflict is.

The first clue was that the Postal's shift and control click features disappeared, but reappeared after disabling Auctioneer's EnhTooltip and Stubby. You lose part of Auctioneer's tooltip, but you can start maintaining your scans again.

I will post to the author of Postal to take a look as well - I also intend to ask him to make the control-return to sender feature work on shift-control, so we can use control to try on gear in the mail once again. ("We guildmasters must hae t'look spiffy t'attract new vassals, ye ken!")

--M

Morticai, Prince & GuildMaster of Briar Rose, Horde

02-17-07, 06:10 PM   #16
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I will say this once. Keep these threads civil, period. I don't care what Mazzle has said, the code of conduct for these forums are laid out by this website and you are all expected to treat each other with respect.

If someone asks a question, you can direct them to the right place. Flaming a posted based upon your past experiences doesn't help anyone and fosters a bad community.

We're here to help, not be forum nazis.

Keep it civil, period.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

02-17-07, 09:10 PM   #17
fluc02
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Kamishimi
We're not flaming anyone. Multiple people have said multiple times before to keep posts such as these in the top threads, simply because its easier for us to keep track of and answer without cluttering the forum with a ton of posts for every single question about MazzleUI. I'm sorry if you don't like my tone, but I'm not going to be overly fawning when all this has been said before.

@Nymbia: Auctioneer is a very widely used addon, you're correct. But not only is the currently available version of Auctioneer not considered by Norganna to be exactly stable or ready for release, but we can't be expected to be able to help with errors and issues with addons added to MazzleUI in the same way that we provide support for MazzleUI-specific addons. You see what I'm saying, right?

Btw, snide comments like the OP's "Kamishimi has most of your post count come from posting that insanely unhelpful copy/paste?" with get responses in kind, at least from me. I'm not a customer care rep from Microsoft or something, it isn't my job to make you think that you're right. If people want to be rude, that's fine. But they shouldn't expect nice answers to rude comments/questions.

Can you read the OP again? Can you see ANYTHING in there at all that could be construed as rude in any way? Nope. The first person to be rude in this thread was you, and noone else. The "snide" comment was not from the OP but from someone else, and with a casual glance around this forum, you do seem to have a lot of posts that are this identical copy-paste.

We have the OP, then two followup posts that offer advice and help, then you jumping in and attacking the poster, and following it up by saying that you refuse to offer support for mods that aren't included in MazzleUI. Well, it appears that some people on the forums ARE willing to offer support, so why don't you just let them and if you don't like it, then stay out of the conversation!

02-17-07, 10:04 PM   #18
Archos
A Theradrim Guardian

@ The MazzleUI Beta Testers and the ones giving the support:

If you do not want to answer questions that are not in the "Official" threads, then to not look anywhere else in the forums, simple. Just keep everything in the threads you want to use. If the user would like to ask a question outside your threads, then why can they not do so? If anything you should see it as helping since, I am sure, that you guys are getting a lot of questions in the "Official" threads already. Who knows, maybe people in the General Public found a problem, and were able to fix it themselves and 2 or 3 people are having the same problem. So they share it and fix it together. I do not see what is wrong with that.
"What we do in life, Echoes in Eternity." - MDM, Gladiator

02-17-07, 11:37 PM   #19
Colton
A Fallenroot Satyr

Here's a quote from the original post...

Could anyone help me out with this? Im using the latest auctioneer UI (stand alone, not the pack that has issues with mazzle) and latess mazzle ui.
...what I'm wondering is, where in there you thought you specifically were being asked a question. To me, anyone means you or anyone in the community who may have experience with said problem or mayhap have a solution for it.

Let me quote one of your own beta-testers...

Folks, we MazzleUI beta-testers only have lots of MazzleUI and addon experience. Only Mazzle speaks with authority about Mazzle UI; we are here only to keep Mazzlefizz sane enough to keep up with the abuse under which an AddOn author/compiler suffers!
So if someone asks a question with regards to MazzleUI where it involves another addon that the beta-testers have limited to no experience with, why jump the poster when they are asking the community at large a question? Perhaps if it was a specifically MazzleUI based bug it could have been posted in the bug reporting/support thread, but seeing as how it wasn't and "anyone" was asked for help I fail to see how a poor attitude from the "support staff" would garner any further use out of someone asking a simple question.

Seriously, if you don't want to actually HELP the people on this site who ask for it, don't. If you're going to attack people for asking questions, go do something productive like ganking lowbies. If it's such a hard job doing what you're doing...don't do it.

When I see a question being asked that I can answer, I answer it without copping an attitude. And yeah, I know...if you don't like it, don't use it. Well, if you don't want to be asked questions or have people ask OTHER people questions, don't release your addons to the public. Period.

The code of conduct for the forums is all well and good, but I would ask that the mod authors and their "staff" take into consideration that people come here looking for addons to make their game experience easier, more informative and more fun. Not to mentione some if not most can't produce something themselves and therefore rely on your expertise to provide them with what they seek. Getting jumped by a "beta-tester" or someone's "support staff" or an author when asking a question makes people want to frequent these sites less. And with the recent bad publicity that MazzleUI has gotten, I would try to keep my attitude in check and my users happy regardless if it' your work or not. You released it to the public, you can deal with the consequences.

Last edited by Colton : 02-17-07 at 11:55 PM.

02-18-07, 12:45 AM   #20
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

OK, everybody please take a breath. I think tensions are just high with all the b.s. that been happening lately.

I disagree with you Colton. I think looking at this as a de facto business enterprise because I released something, or looking at the people answering questions, both the old testers and the brand new adddtions, as support staff, is a bad idea. We are users of the game helping other users.

My point in saying is directed at peole answering questions, both testers and non-testers. I know you want to support the project, but you guys don't have to do this. If you start getting frustrated with people or repeated questions or anything, stop answering them and go do something more enjoyable. This is a hobby project, and you're under no obligations. Getting snippy with others is only going to exacerbate the situation. It's better to do nothing.

I've gotten pretty jaded and curmudgeonly over the last year, so maybe I'm not the best person to be saying this, but take it for what it's worth. Anyway, I'm going to lock this thread, since it has stopped being about the original question and seems to be escalating.

- Mazzlefizz

P.S. Archos, my original reasoning for using centralized threads was partially to keep the forums cleaner, and partially because the "Search This Thread" feature seems to work far, far better here than the "Search Threads" feature. I had hoped that people could find their answers by searching a thread or two instead of having to visit page after page of threads filled with repeated question. I think it kinda worked, but the centralized threads are now pretty cumbersome too. I'm not so sure if it's still a good idea.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 02-18-07 at 12:48 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Auctioneer and Mazzle UI